Picky: (Dead-Wings Can't Get Past San Jose, La-La-La-.......)

M.E. 262

Piranha: Thank's man. I'd mentioned Ebay, too, but the prices are always too rich for my blood. They usually finish out around $250-$300 by the time the bidding is over. One consolation: Even if gonzp and his pal can't score any tickets for themselves (I hope they can) they are welcome to watch the game here at our place. Free parking, the bar is within arm's reach, and the bathroom is 8 feet away! LIFE IS GOOD! [;)]

Glenn,

I got the PM and I will get in contact with you. What day(s) are you planning on going to the fest? The wings survived Dallas last night to take the Presidents cup. It was a good game,they spotted Dallas a 2 goal lead and came back and scored 3 in the final period. I don't know if my Buddy Brian is a hocky fan Glenn if so he probably likes the Av's.

Tom, Are you about ready for your little trip?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gonzp: I will most likely attend the AK Fest on Saturday. It opens at 10 AM and I will stay until 1:30 or 2 PM. Then I must be home before 3 PM to watch the first Stanley Cup playoff game. You and your friend are welcome at our place any time during the weekend, except of course for when I am at the AK fest. So, Friday late afternoon & evening, Saturday afternoon & evening, or some time Sunday. Let me know your plans.

Yes, I did watch the squeaker against Dallas last night. Very exciting! The Wings played like Dog Poo in the first two periods. They somehow woke up in the third.

Actually, it was Detroit's 2-0 defeat over Edmonton last Tuesday (4/11) that the Wings clinched the President's cup. It was simply awarded to the team before yesterday's game against Dallas.

Even if your friend is an Av's fan, I don't have a problem with that if he doesn't. Hockey is hockey to me.

Oh, that is easy, so the Sharks could have the most powerfull 1-2 punch down the middle with Thornton and Marleau. (By the way, they were both picked overall 1 and 2 in the 1997 draft.) The Bruins did get 2 very good (Stuart and Sturm) and 1 pretty good player (Primeau) in return, that being said, it was still the steal of the century.

It was made official today that Thornton won the "Art Ross" and Cheechoo won the "Maurice Richard" (Most total points and goals respectively for you non/part-time hockey fans.) Lastly, just to show you how much Boston fans should be utterly disgusted, Thornton is the first player ever to be traded mid-season and go on to win the "Art Ross".

M.E.262: Good luck against Nashville. They should be a good first-round match-up for the Sharks. You should see some exciting games.

The Wings sure proved they didn't give a darn last night. Karyia is a great player but, he should send the Wings a check for his hat trick. My gawd they played like dog poo. But, they didn't want anyone to get injured so, mission accomplished, I suppose. It got so bad I had to turn the game off 4 minutes into the 3rd.

gonzp: Change of plans! The Wings are not playing on Saturday now. The schedule was finalized last night. Friday at 7 PM is their first game and Sunday at 1 PM is their second. If you can't get your tickets for either game, you guys are welcome to come by and watch it from our place as we'll be watching regardless. Saturday is still the day I plan to attend the AK Fest. You guys are still welcome throughout the weekend. Just let me know your plans. We're flexible.

Yeah, the Edmonton / Detroit game was certainly a nail-biting, squeaker last night! It could have gone either way. Both teams played hard as did their goalies. Roloson had 54 saves, 18 of which were in OT. Who would have thought that Kirk Maltby, a guy who's had only 5 goals all season, would be the one to score the tie goal and the winner? Wow!

The wife became ill yesterday and I wasn;t feeling 100% myself, so we had to beg off going to the AK Fest Saturday and asked Patrick (gonzp) to come over on Sunday instead.

Patrick (gonzp) just called. He won't be coming by during the fest today as he has some raffle tickets that you must be present to win. I don't blame him. There's a chance he may come by after dinner tonight because the Fest runs until 5 PM.

Therefore, anyone from the Klipsch forum who's in town this weekend for the AK Fest and wanting to stop by, the hours are now Noon to 5 PM and 6:30 to 9 PM today. You can either PM me, or see Patrick or Craig at the show for my phone number. As I've said many times before, our whole family are very serious hockey fans, so we'll have the Wings 2nd playoff game on from 1 PM. The first game was broadcast in Hi-Def from Fox, so we're hoping that NBC follows suit and does the same thing with today's broadcast.

Looks like I should have just went to the AK Fest instead of watching the hockey game: Edmonton handed the Wings' their helmets, out-playing them 4-2. I must admit, Edmonton looked like the better team for the majority of the game. Their defense completely tided-up Detroit so they could barely make it through the neutral zone. Roloson had little trouble handling Detroit's long-distance and bad-angle shots. I'm hoping the Wings use this as a learning experience for the next game. The series is tied at 1-1.

I am very sorry to say that I was not able to make it to Picky's home while I was in the Detroit area. I did however get to meet a few Klipschers that I did not know and I got to reaquaint myself with a few that I met in Indy last year. All in all with the exception of not seeing and hearing Glenn's HT and tube system, I had a great time and a very grueling 17 hour car ride back home. I was again validated in my stereo gear choices. While everything I hear sounded good IMHO there is still nothing like tubes and horns!!!! I also got a little something for our good buddy Craig from the Chicago area!!!