Picky: (Dead-Wings Can't Get Past San Jose, La-La-La-.......)

M.E. 262

His name is paul ...?? something .. ( laurier , i think ) Can't remember off the top of my head

He's a big fat fart who's been around since the 80's ...

I work with Dave Hunters wife ... if you remember Dave played with the oilers in the gretsky messier kurri days of the multi back to back cup wins in the 80's ...

He's a great guy ... takes in jerseys and sticks and pictures to be signed for the kids i coach ... they get a big kick out of it and we use those items at times on the raffle tables when we host tournaments .

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of national anthyum, I enjoy the "Monty" who does the anthyums in Ottowa. Who does it in Edmonton?

The national anthem in the "Full Monty"....um, no thanks! [:$]

I am quite certain you meant "Mountie"! [;)]

post-10177-13819297875286_thumb.jpg

Good game last night ... very late getting home after all that overtime

I'm sure watching it on TV would have been difficult to pickup on the speed and incredible goaltending on both ends but i guess it makes up for it in replays and commintary ...

Friday nights game will be an intresting one now that both teams have figured out one anothers system ... seeing edmonton take the wide side last night left the front of san jose net open a hundred times ... it's hard to match the outside speed of a forward when your backing up as a defencemen . Last nights speed really cut down on the picking that went on in the first two games .. one has to realize edmonton has the fastest ice in the league so you can really fly if you have the legs ... up here it's cold and dry which makes extremly fast ice .

After San Jose went ahead last night and started shutting the game down in the second and begining of the third with all that nutral zone trapping traffic made for some very unentertaining hockey to watch till the game got tied .. they almost got out of the third with the lead and the win

Reminded me of Dallas and how they used that system under hitchcocks ruling ...

I'm sure both coachs will be watching game tape today trying to decide how to approach fridays matchup

Speaking of national anthyum, I enjoy the "Monty" who does the anthyums in Ottowa. Who does it in Edmonton?

The national anthem in the "Full Monty"....um, no thanks! [:$]

I am quite certain you meant "Mountie"! [;)]

Come on Picky, being right across the river from Canada, you should know the nickname for Mountie.

Good game last night ... very late getting home after all that overtime

I'm sure watching it on TV would have been difficult to pickup on the speed and incredible goaltending on both ends but i guess it makes up for it in replays and commintary ...

Friday nights game will be an intresting one now that both teams have figured out one anothers system ... seeing edmonton take the wide side last night left the front of san jose net open a hundred times ... it's hard to match the outside speed of a forward when your backing up as a defencemen . Last nights speed really cut down on the picking that went on in the first two games .. one has to realize edmonton has the fastest ice in the league so you can really fly if you have the legs ... up here it's cold and dry which makes extremly fast ice .

After San Jose went ahead last night and started shutting the game down in the second and begining of the third with all that nutral zone trapping traffic made for some very unentertaining hockey to watch till the game got tied .. they almost got out of the third with the lead and the win

Reminded me of Dallas and how they used that system under hitchcocks ruling ...

I'm sure both coachs will be watching game tape today trying to decide how to approach fridays matchup

The Oilers definatley made the proper adjustments for game# 3. The first period was hard to watch, as it was all Oilers. They outplayed the Sharks and deserved to win. However, the Sharks almost stole the win!

I am looking forward to tonight. I predict the Sharks in a blow out. (At least that is what I am hoping for!)

M.E.262: Actually, I am embarassed to admit I do not know the nick name. We live in a cave, here. [;)]

Man, last night's game was action-packed! But, it was the Oilers who did the blowing-out: 6-3. I sure love these playoff games, regardless of who wins. Sure, I wish the winged-wheelers were still in it, but they got what they deserved. I savor every playoff game I can because it all comes to an end in just a few short weeks. It's a long "way" to October, boys; so we'll enjoy it while we can! Best of luck to all of the teams and may the best team win Sir Stanley's Cup!

It's pretty interesting how this whole thing is shaking out:

Oilers / Ducks and Hurricanes / Sabers

It's still too early for me to call. There's been lots of surprises and they're all good teams.