Going to Hope? Want a Mac MX110 Vintage Preamp or MC2105 SS AMP? Major price reduction

• Moderators

As part of the continued negoiations with my wife, I still have to clean out some more stuff in order to get more new stuff.

I have an MX110 Z series preamp which is in near mint condition and I am the second owner. It has the original manual, even the clinic stickers are still on the bottom. Most of the original Telefunken tubes are still in place and still going strong. About a year and a half ago I had a Mac tech freshen it up, replaced the leaking caps, etc. No mods. The lettering is 95%, in fact the only lettering that is missing is most of the Mac logo on the chassis is gone, but all other lettering, including the tube designations are perfect. There is no pitting or oxidation of the chrome. Glass is perfect, no scratches. ALL lights work and the FM tuner is in perfect alignment. I do not have the wood cabinet, I was never interested in one because I like seeing those tube glow. I am asking $1,500 obo for this item. Will be happy to send photos if interested. I really hate to see this go, I wanted one since I was a kid and finally found one that was in great shape that had not been modded into oblivion. I would like to see if go to a fellow Klipschster who will give it a good home and continue to enjoy it.

The other item is the MC2105, solid state preamp, 105 watts per channel amp. All lights work as well as those big blue output meters. No manual or wood cabinet for this one. Glass is perfect, no scraches. Even the area around the ear phone jack is in great shape. I am asking $775 for this amp obo.

Local pick up is of course preferred, and I will be going to Hope and can deliver there. If we need to ship I will pack these babies up very carefully and the buyer will pay shipping based on actual cost.

I am happy to send photos to anyone who is interested and will try to answer any questions.

Thanks for looking,

Travis

I wish you would have said something when I had the Belle for sale or trade a month ago. I would love to have the 2105 but after missing my wife's birthday this week; I can finally see the light coming in the door of the dog house; not a good time to be spending on money on audio equipment. Maybe in a month or so. I would like to see picture's if you dont mind. Bill

• Moderators

I wish you would have said something when I had the Belle for sale or trade a month ago. I would love to have the 2105 but after missing my wife's birthday this week; I can finally see the light coming in the door of the dog house; not a good time to be spending on money on audio equipment. Maybe in a month or so. I would like to see picture's if you dont mind. Bill

They were not for sale a month ago, they were going to be with me forever, until I got the o.k. for some new stuff if I got rid of this stuff. The problem was that getting the Belles was just going to be a pain because I would have had to hide them somewhere, taken the LaScalas out of the house and hid them some where, and then brought back the Belles and said, look what the furniture guy did. Too much trouble.

So, in any event, now the preamp and amp are for sale.

I will shoot you some photos.

Travis

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I still have the MX110 for sale and the MC2105. There really has not been too much interest in either item. I am not sure if it the price or what, but it would be easier for me to be able to sell these items to someone who may be going to Hope and I could deliver either one there. There are several forum members who have the MC2105 amp who just love it. Just put in 2105 in search and you will see a large number of great reviews of the amp as well as reccomendations to folks who are looking for a solid state amp. The MC2105 is in excellent condition, the glass is perfect, no break or bubbles of any kind. The rest of the unit is also in excellent conditions, the lights and meters work. I recently had is checked by my Mac tech and it is putting out more then it's rated power before clipping (this is typicall of Mac).

I will wrap one or both of these babies up very carefully, put them in with the LaScallas and deliver them to you safe and sound. Plus, you will probably have an opportunity to listen to your new baby at the farm house hooped up to LS, CW or H's. Your newly purchased vintage Mac, Klipsch, and an ice cold beer, it doesn't get any better then that.

Travis

I sent you a PM earlier today. I am interested in the amp if someone else is not. Are you bringing it to Hope? I am bringing my Khorns up there too.

Also, contact me about when you are going if you are interested in carpooling. I am probably leaving late Thursday after work, coming back on Sunday.

Thanks, Paul.