Do you keep your subwoofer powered up?

RoseRx

Should I be powering down my subwoofer when it's not in use? If so, I could plug it into an aux outlet in the back of my receiver, so when I turn off the receiver, the subwoofer is off.

Many subwoofers with auto-on do not stay on durng movies or music. It is better to leave these switched to always on.

The outlet on the back of your receiver should NOT be used. It can safely be used on devices that draw 100 watts or less. A good subwoofer draws several hundred watts. It would be unsafe to plug a subwoofer into a receiver. The outlet is meant for DVD playes and the like that draw very little current.

Bill

Mine is almost always powered on. I've yet to see any damage or degredation, and the sub is nearly 9 years old.

I'll occasionally shut the sub off when it's late at night and I don't want to disturb my neighbor with loud, deep booming sounds.

But I'll never put it on the auto settings. It suffers something that I can best describe as "subwoofer lag"; If the movie you're watching is quiet for a while and then has a portion of the soundtrack with a heavy bass sound, it takes a few seconds for the sub to turn on. You could be watching the movie, something explodes with an underwhelming sound, and then you hear the sub click on after the action is over.

All my subs are ON all the time. No waking up and pop noises duting movies,from cheapest to most expensive they stay powered 24/7.

With the new digital amps in most subs,the heat generated and power conumption is very low and not an issue.

yeah, you have to keep it on. Those 'auto-on' features don't work, even Klipsch's!

TAKE NOTE ENGINEERING!

M

Never had a problem with mine. Good and sensetive even with barely audible low freqs. The time delay is 15 min: more than enough.