RF-35, RF-7 sound

dakayus

Hey guys I was wondering how are the mids and highs that are produced by the speakers. Are the 8" just to serve as bass or do they also contribute to the mids and the highs? I always thought you should have like a 8" and like a 5" and a horn or something like that where you have a few speakers that range in size. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to go out and pay a pretty penny if I'm doing things wrong.

The RF-35's x-over at 2600hz with 2 8", the RF-7's at 2200hz with 2 10". So both of these speakers are using their woofers to produce Bass, Mid-Bass, and the lower end of Midrange. This leaves some of the midrange to be covered by the horn, but I think it does a good job of covering it, especially on the RF-7's.

perhaps in that order...I think the RB-75s have the tweeter from the RF-7 (sorry, I'm a Heritage guy but more powerful minds than mine should chime in soon!)...the RF-35s sound nice but so do the F-3s...the RF-35s perhaps have some better parts...I just got a pair of used RB-5s (predecesor of the RB-75???) and they sound great...for Reference![:P][;)]...they're my first Reference speakers...[:D]...Bill

B.B. sells the F-3 for $469 here in the DFW area but I bought the RF-82

which is IMHO a much better speaker for less through a dealer. In

fact, I have seen several posts touting prices of the Reference line

for less than the price of the Synergy line. Big box stores just

sell convenience, but you really should listen to the RF-82 before

buying the F-3. Let your ears be the judge, you may like the F-3

better. Either way, you have nothing to loose but a little time.

By the way, if you have not heard the Reference line, you are in for a

treat. Klipsch delivers. As for your original

question: "Are the 8" just to serve as bass or do they also contribute

tothe mids and highs?" Again, this is my opinion, but they do

contribute, my 82's have demonstrated a clarity I did not think

possible.

If the 7's (replaced with the 83's) are out of your price range, what

about the 63's (RF-5's)? If you are concerned the 8" drivers

won't have the range, the 63's/5's have three 6.5 inch drivers.

Man all this discussion. I ended up buying a pair of RF-3's for $460 shipped. They have no scratches or anything, but one of the stupid grill pegs broke off. I thought, that the RF-5's thec cheapest I can get it is around $650 ish. I heard that there is a difference, but not significantly. This is just to replace my 5.1 promedia since I realized I don't game or watch movies really, at least in 5.1 mode, I should just get a good 2.1 system. Also this is for a college dorm =) Speaker wars are pretty fun, but when I get these plus my sub, then it's over.