For those attending the gathering at my house in Central Florida

Mike Lindsey

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like fun, we will be in Plantation that Saturday for my son's hockey games, driving down from the Cocoa Beach area. How far off the turnpike are you?

Hey Jim,

This thread is 3 years old, and Youthman resurrected it a couple of weeks ago. I do plan on having another in a couple of months to show off my new Khorns, but no set date has been made as of yet. When I finish the family room I will go ahead and put something together and will make sure you get emailed with the info.

Mike

I'm definitely game for another go-around, Mike, and this time I'll drive myself just in case my kid bro chops backs out (he's got a new girlfriend now and is never home anymore, so I doubt he would make it). I could bring my Will Vincent-modded Baldwin Organ 6L6GC PP stereo amp and some quality pipe organ CDs. Whenever you set the date for the Klipsch gathering, please e-mail me so I can request the day off...working at Disney can make planning time off a bit of a hassle since they're open 365 days a year, and I usually always work the weekends.

• Moderators

This thread is 3 years old, and Youthman resurrected it a couple of weeks ago.

Yup, I'm the culprit. I personally would love to hear a set of heritage speakers. I have only heard the CF and Reference Series. If you wouldn't mind an extra visitor, I would love to be invited to the party. [:D]

I'm definitely game for another go-around, Mike, and this time I'll drive myself just in case my kid bro chops backs out (he's got a new girlfriend now and is never home anymore, so I doubt he would make it). I could bring my Will Vincent-modded Baldwin Organ 6L6GC PP stereo amp and some quality pipe organ CDs. Whenever you set the date for the Klipsch gathering, please e-mail me so I can request the day off...working at Disney can make planning time off a bit of a hassle since they're open 365 days a year, and I usually always work the weekends.

Jim,

You will definitely get a personal invite! :-)

BTW, I have been listening to the Saint-Seans #3 with Pipe Organ a lot lately, and it sounds wonderful on the new Khorns! Would love to hear more of this type of music, and also interested in hearing the Baldwin. I believe Marty(Thebes) has one of these amps and I have heard it with his Cornwalls. I recall it sounded pretty good!

Mike

I personally would love to hear a set of heritage speakers. I have only heard the CF and Reference Series.

Hey Youthman,

My Forte's are not part of the true "Heritage" line, but you are welcome to come over to Kissimmee and take a listen some time. So far, they have been powered by my Onkyo/B&K combo, a Luxman R-115 receiver, and a Marantz 2252b receiver. The Marantz/Forte' marriage clearly sounds the best to my ears.

Bill