For those attending the gathering at my house in Central Florida

Mike Lindsey

OK, folks, it's just around the corner... this Saturday at noon. You should have all received directions and my phone number. If you did not please let me know and I'll get them to you.

I'll be grilling burgers and dogs, and have chips, soda, beer (Killians and Corona) and wine. If you are wanting for anything else you will have to bring it yourself. [:D]

Edit: If anyone wants to bring a good camera that would be cool too, and then we can post pics afterwards.

Confirmed attendees
------------------------------
Me
Don (friend from work)
Richard (friend from work) - Naim CD player and Rega P3/RB300/Rega Super Elyse
Michele (friend from work) - Pioneer Elite DVD player
CircleA
chops
chops' brother
jt1stcav (chops' other brother :-)
Colin - BottleHead 2A3 Paramour monoblocks , Sonic Impact 5066 class T digital amplifier and Red Wine Clari T digital amplifiers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike - About how far are you from Orlando proper? Hubby's going to be in Orlando for work the end of May to early June... He probably wouldn't be able to do it as he rarely plays on biz trips and would have to get a car, etc... but I know you have VRDs, etc. like we do and it would be interesting for him to listen to a properly setup system to compare to ours. Wouldn't want to impose of course. Just sort of wondering....

No problem, Lisa... I'm about 20 minutes from downtown Orlando, and about 40 from Disney (otherside of town). You can PM me for my cell #.

Don't know if mine is setup properly either, but it sounds pretty good to me with the right material. I'm sure the others will chime in here if they don't like it.

Mike

Looking forward to experiencing Mark's wonderful pre and Craig's powerful monoblocks (and your modified La Scalas, natch)! I'll make sure to bring along a few choice pipe organ CDs to play through the Naim...should be a really great time.[;)]

Looking forward to experiencing Mark's wonderful pre and Craig's powerful monoblocks (and your modified La Scalas, natch)! I'll make sure to bring along a few choice pipe organ CDs to play through the Naim...should be a really great time.[;)]

I too am interested in how the Naim will sound over my DVD player for CD source, and also want to hear some good pipe organ music.

Mike

If anyone has a fold-out table of 3 - 4 feet could they please bring it. We'll need a place where we can put the TT and CD player that Richard is bringing (as well as the stuff Colin is bringing), and then we can put it in proximity to the preamp so we can just use 3 ft interconnects.

Mike

Well, I've got the camera at least to bring (Canon D30 w/ 17-85 IS lens).

Also, I should let you know that my other brother will not be attending. So it looks like it will just be jt and me, some CDs of various tunes, and the filmless camera. [;)]

\

Oh yeah, I was only able to score a 256mb card for this camera. Let me tell you, an 8mp camera and 256mb of space does not go far. LOL (65 images)

So this means I'll also be bringing my laptop along for the ride as well. I know, not much fun there, but at least I'm running Linux Kubuntu on it instead of Winblows XP. [:P]

Well, we just got back home. Traffic on I-4 was backed up for miles and not moving. It took us about 45 minutes to move 1 mile, so I just said the heck with it and turned around.

Anyway, I hope you guys have fun. I'll be here listening to my Cornscalas all day. They need some more running in anyway. [;)]

Oh yeah, I was only able to score a 256mb card for this camera. Let me tell you, an 8mp camera and 256mb of space does not go far. LOL (65 images)

So this means I'll also be bringing my laptop along for the ride as well. I know, not much fun there, but at least I'm running Linux Kubuntu on it instead of Winblows XP. [:P]

I just bought a couple 512 cards for $17 locally each.

2 Gig for $60 Memory prices have dropped since the bigger file sizes cme about.

M

I can say that I was really looking forward to attending yesterday's festivities (had my organ CDs in hand and was pumped to hear selections through your La Scalas). But as chops mentioned, traffic bottlenecked before the Route 27 overpass and was backed up for miles...we barely crawled for 45 minutes and it just got worse! After seeing several cars along the shoulder overheating, I was beginning to worry! An hour had passed and chops finally made it to the next exit before Kissimmee, made a U-turn and went back home disgusted (I would've done the same thing)!

Sorry we couldn't make it...I'm sure y'all had a great time anyway without us. Thanks again for the invite.

My trusty little compact pick-up didnt boil over (after 148K and a handful of hurricane evacuations, it has nothing wrong with it and is used to painful slow traveling in hot weather), but I sure did!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

After the parking lot on highway 417, came tollbooths every 1.5 miles, plus the coin only bins couldnt recognize my coins (handful of dimes). This made me so mad I asked for a drink (a real one) as soon as I got in the door. Fortunately, Mike is a connoisseur of refined sensibilities. He had not only gin & tonic ready and waiting on the counter, but it was also Tanqueray. I unbent not long afterwards with a double, plus two delicious hamburgers with cheese, served Alfresco by fountain in the courtyard.

You missed a wonderful day of music and machine (we all had to admire Mikes teal-blue racing Vette). I think it puts out 5Hz at 120db at 1 meter, measured perpendicular to the tail pipe. Mike should be able to give you a better idea of its sub-woofer function because somebody left him a RS digital SPL meter. [;)]

My trusty little compact pick-up didnt boil over (after 148K and a handful of hurricane evacuations, it has nothing wrong with it and is used to painful slow traveling in hot weather), but I sure did!

After the parking lot on highway 417, came tollbooths every 1.5 miles, plus the coin only bins couldnt recognize my coins (handful of dimes). This made me so mad I asked for a drink (a real one) as soon as I got in the door. Fortunately, Mike is a connoisseur of refined sensibilities. He had not only gin & tonic ready and waiting on the counter, but it was also Tanqueray. I unbent not long afterwards with a double, plus two delicious hamburgers with cheese, served Alfresco by fountain in the courtyard.

You missed a wonderful day of music and machine (we all had to admire Mikes teal-blue racing Vette). I think it puts out 5Hz at 120db at 1 meter, measured perpendicular to the tail pipe. Mike should be able to give you a better idea of its sub-woofer function because somebody left him a RS digital SPL meter. [;)]

I didn't have any worries about my car overheating, I just got sick of getting nowhere fast.

Plus the fact after I just filled up my tank for $36, I sure as heck wasn't going to spend another $30+ on stinking tolls. If I knew that from the beginning, I would have never thought about going in the first place.

And besides, I still had a great day, spending the rest of the afternoon in front of my stereo. So the entire day wasn't shot all to heck.

My little truck gobbled $40 worth of gas and $10 in tolls (each way) over the weekend. I gobbled two Waffle House Fiesta omelets (without stomach problems). Mike served wine and dessert with a classic home movie and music reproduction system: turntable, tube pre-amp, amazing tube VRD amps driving LaScala with Altec-Lansing 511Bs and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />ALK crossovers in a House Beautiful home. [:)]