A simple wall-mount bracket for Heresy center (or other speaker)

psg

The top cross-bar has a wedge angle on the bottom of

it. A matching piece of wood, with the matching wedge, is simply

screwed into the wall and the bracket can hang on it.

I have screwed the front of the bracket itself into the back panel of

my Heresy. Here's what it looks like mounted on the wall:

post-15702-1381929537414_thumb.jpg

Thanks Rob.

Yes, that trick is used to hold most kitchen cabinets! The neat part is that when you install the wall part, there is only a stick to hold level. Then the rest of it hangs on to the horizontal stick.

The engraving says "Made by Hand by Bernard Pelchat, 2005". He's the frind of mine who built it from my sketch for me. No nails or screws involved; only dowels.

It's a very functional design, requires little wood, and is easy to install.

Why you son of a ................ Why in the sam hills did you not post this last year when I was making the wall brackets for my side surrounds?? If you only knew how tough it was to get my Heresy's mounted and level. Why I oughtta..... [;)] [:)]

Seriously though, that is one awesome concept. And to be quite honest, I've never heard of that method of securing the item to the wall. At first when I read the part about there being a corresponding angle cut on the wall piece, I was a bit confused. And then it hit me. Literally, I smacked my forehead and said, "Good lord Tom. That's so simple. Why in the hell didn't you think of that?"

And this couldn't come at a better time since I've decided to take my rear surrounds off their stands and wall mount them. Thanks for posting this. I send your way.

Tom

Hi all!

Boy, this thread got very active after a relatively quiet start. I thought nobody cared! Now I'm glad I posted it.

Rob's diagram is on the money, but I might just post a few more pics anyway (if I dare remove the Heresy from its hanging place; it's still quite heavy!)

2011-09-30 Edit: I have since added a small piece of metal to the french cleat part on the wall that overhangs the wood wedge. This would keep the Heresy from falling down if someone pushed it up a bit (say by bending over underneath it to pick something up, and hitting it on the way up).

Very nice mounting method!

Here's the (less-pretty, more industrial) store-bought setup I used for my new Heresy III's. $50 for the pair of brackets (hold up to 100 lbs each) and $16 for the pair of slip-on collars. This method makes no new holes in your speakers. I removed the floor cradles that came with the speakers and made flat plates out of 3/4" ply (painted black) that bolted into the same holes. The sleeves then screwerd to the plates. The speakers are still pristine! They are able to pivot on the mounting posts.

post-10177-13819295602966_thumb.jpg

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...