Worst song ever

jacksonbart

OK, I hate knocking this song perhaps so because it has a religious and good intended meaning to it. The woman that sings this song is the daughter of a famous dad that also sang religious tunes and ripped off artists both white and black to gospel crowds. As artists, they both make me PUKE..

I wish I knew how long it was on the charts... trust me, anything over one day, was too long!!!

The song?? "You Light Up my Life" The Artist, Debbie Boone.. I still puke every time I hear it in my mind.. It seemed to be forever on the radio at the time..

BTW, her dad, good ole Pat Boone, did a dress up in Heavy Metal which really even more made him look like a (you can decide what here) and sang Heavy Metal songs a few years back. You would of thought it was a joke, but I am serious it was just horrible!!

Worst Karaoke song for a woman?? Easy one here... "The Rose" ... Bette Midler.

"Magnet and Steel" by Walter Egan gets my vote.

Runner up goes to "Hey Deanie" by Shaun Cassidy.

Some honorable mentions.....

"Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers (remember, they were gonna be the next Beatles?? LMAO). You all should have a look at that LP jacket sometime. It's a RIOT.

Speaking of Beatles....Worst song by someone who I otherwise like (well, mostly): "My Love" by Paul McCartney. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa"......AHHHHHHHH!!!!! STOP!!!!! Paul's really hit or miss, especially his post-Beatles career.

Oh, and that Leif Garrett song that got remade......I can't quite think of it now - and that's a good thing. It's BAD.

My vote goes to "Ring My Bell", the projectile-vomit-inducing POS from the 70's disco (sucks) era. Every time I heard that song it was akin to bamboo shoots under the fingernails or earwigs chewing slowly through the brain ........... there's something about that song that sucks the intellect out of the cranium faster than "you stole my loser white-trash boyfriend" week on The Jerry Springer Show. [+o(] I would sooner frig a three-toed sloth than be exposed to that aural torture ever again.

Also, listening to Paul Anka's "You're Having My Baby is synonymous with ingesting syrup of ipecac, only faster acting.

Speaking of Beatles....Worst song by someone who I otherwise like (well, mostly): "My Love" by Paul McCartney. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa"......AHHHHHHHH!!!!! STOP!!!!! Paul's really hit or miss, especially his post-Beatles career.

I'm no huge McCartney fan and he's got some songs that suck but" My

Love" has a very nice lead guitar solo,if it was all music it would be

ok.

Although I've always liked it, my wife says "Brandy", by the Looking Glass, is the suckiest song ever...

For my money, the prize goes to "All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You", by Heart. Every time I hear that song I just want to vomit.[+o(]

Dale

Brandie, you're a fine girl

what a good wife you would be

but my life, my love and my lady

something something sea....

do do do do dit, do do do, do do do

That one?

I always liked that song (sorry that's the best my lyric sodden brain would do at 4:30 in the am)

Michael

Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road; Loudon Wainwright III , did someone mention Paul McCartney?

Heeeeeeey........I like that song! Not as much as The Fugs' "Do You Like Boobs A Lot", but still.

I'll probably take heat for this, but I hate "Proud Mary" by CCR. Wow.....that has got to be the most overplayed wedding reception song ever.

Tom

Now theres some good ones listed. Harper valley, Billy don't be a hero. Too funny. What were they thinking? I have that Pat Boone cd you are talking about. A friend bought it and gave it to me. I'll have to dig it out, make copies and send them to my enemies. Words can't describe it.

Final count down by Europe