Top Posters In This Topic

Jewel - Pieces Of You - Limited Edition Double LP Vinyl with 5 Bonus Tracks

Frampton Comes Alive - Deluxe Edition HDCD Encoded CD

The Buck Owens Collection - CD Boxed Set

April Wine - Nature Of The Beast - CD

Rickie Lee Jones - Dutchess Of Coolsvile - Rhino Anthology 3 CD Set

Neil Young - Prarie Wind - 2 disc CD/DVD Set

Pat Benatar - In The Heat Of The Night - Newely Released/Remastered CD

Lots of late Art Pepper LPs. From the late 70s to early 80s he cranked out a ton of LPs and they're all just amazing. The Galaxy recordings I like especially and they can be found on ebay for $3 to $15 max for NM copies. I don't understand why any jazz fan wouldn't want to own them all.

Right now I'm listening to One September Afternoon that I got for $4. The LP is about perfect, the recording is great and the music is spectacular!

It never cease to amaze me what I don't see on this forum, Am I the only guy here that listens to the Band? I never see any of you even mention one of the alltime greatest bands EVER in rock music. Three great vocalist, multi-talented musicians, one of the Sweetest guitar players ever to grace a stage, a sound that is their own, what more do you want from a band? Listening to their music is like a history lesson, never mind the fact that they play the hell out of their songs, and their songs are stories about life. Anyone has an doubts about the Band, get ahold of The Last Waltz, watch it, that is what the Band is all about. I'm done now, What have I purchased lately:

Rory Gallagher; Live the Irish Tour

Blues Traveler: Live from Red Rocks

Traffic; Live from the Road

John Butler Trio Sunrise Over Sea A great grooving jam band out of Australia

James McMurtry Childish Dreams Warning: Political Statement from Texas

Dvorak, Cello Concerto/Strauss, Don Quixote

Mischa Maisky cello, Zubin Mehta conducting the Berliner Philharmoniker DG on SACD

Andan old Charlie Parker EP 45 The Magnificent Charlie Parker on Clef Records (vinyl)

I've also picked up the new Lacuna Coil and Queensryche albums.

In addition to those, I've also picked up:

Edguy - Rocket Ride

Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse

Hammerfall - Renegade (I thought I had all of thier albums, how I missed this one, I don't know).

Lacuna Coil-Karma Code

Godsmack-Godsamck IV

Queensryche-Operation Mindcrime II

John Coltrane-A Love Supreme SACD

Hey, nice to see another Lacuna Coil fan!

Major fan, Lacuna Coil is easily one of my favorite bands ever. I've been looking forword to the release of Karma Code for a long time. It's getting a lot of play time.

This is what I bought Saturday, but have been busy redoing the front deck. I have not had time to open them yet:

Larry Carlton/Steve Lukather "No Substitutions"

The Bees "High Society"

Bella Fleck & The Flecktones "The Hidden Land"

Alejandro Escovedo "The Boxing Mirror"

Willie Nelson "Stardust"

JJ Cale "Special Edition"

Mark Knopfler "One Take Radio Sessions"

I hope to start playing them later today.

Danny

It never cease to amaze me what I don't see on this forum, Am I the only guy here that listens to the Band? I never see any of you even mention one of the alltime greatest bands EVER in rock music. Three great vocalist, multi-talented musicians, one of the Sweetest guitar players ever to grace a stage, a sound that is their own, what more do you want from a band? Listening to their music is like a history lesson, never mind the fact that they play the hell out of their songs, and their songs are stories about life. Anyone has an doubts about the Band, get ahold of The Last Waltz, watch it, that is what the Band is all about. I'm done now, What have I purchased lately:

I couldn't agree more - one of the greatest group of musicians ever assembled. Their music always sounded like they were very old songs sung in the backrooms and barrooms of old, yet were timeless too. One of the more uniques styles to come from the rock n roll 60's/70's. Robbie is still one of my favorite song writers and guitarists - I just wish he would release more music!