OT....careful, contagious post here...

Joe Shmoe

• Moderators

Hey Joe!

I got strep 2 weeks ago for the first time in my life. That was the worst! The good news is once I broke down and went to the doctor to get on antibiotics, the pain was gone after 24 hours. Amazing how that happens!

Hang in there!!

Hey Joe!

WHERE YOU GOIN' WITH THAT GUN IN YOUR HAND [8]

HEY JOE, I SAID WHERE YOU GOIN' WITH THAT GUN IN YOUR HAND[8][8]

I'M GOIN' DOWN TO SHOOT OL'MY LADY[8][8]

YOU KNOW I CAUGHT HER MESSIN' 'ROUND WITH ANOTHER MAN[8][8][8]

Sorry, I could not resist. Happy Friday.

When I was young I used to get strep throat all the time. It got so bad that the doctor thought I might be a carrier for it and if I was I'd have to have my tonsils removed. That's the last thing I wanted to have happen as a little kid.

I remember that they had to do the same test 3 different times and if all three were positive than I was a carrier and out come the tonsils. Well, the first two were positive but the last one...negative! I was very happy.

Wow that's crazy Amy! This is the first time for me also. It sure isn't fun, I know that. I assume a few more days, probably once the weekend is over I'll be back to normal.

Rplace....if I only had a gun for everytime I heard someone say that lol. j/k

Aww, c'mon now Picky.... I was just packin up & going to head your way to watch the Wings lol.

I might be tempted to try the Jim Beam & Ginger, but it probably wouldn't go good with the antibiotics. So basically it's just been soup & water.

Todd.. you thought the culture was bad? I had mine done also, all they do is swab the inside of your mouth right? That part was no big deal for me. My results came back negative also, my Dr. had said that sometimes happens. What they usually do then is send it out to be tested by a lab. He said I could do that or just start taking the Antibiotics, so I just said go ahead & lets get it over with.

Unless your throat is really infected, they don't just swab your mouth, they stick a Q-tip down your throat. It's not really worse than the disease, I'm just squemish about that. Probably nothing compared to a bone marrow test, though.

Now if you've ever been swabbed in an area *ahem* further south, that is a very unpleasant experience. Not that I would know [:$].

If the test came back negative, wouldn't that mean that you don't have strep? The thing is they usually give you antibiotics either way anyway, which brings me back to the question, why the throat culture, anyway? Just because they are sadists?

I think I had the signs of strep throat yesterday. My roommate decided to open both windows and the fan. The ambient air went down to I believe 35 degrees and I woke up to the worst sore throat and cough ever. But after today (rutgersfest, a end of the year school bash with some famous artists) I think I am ok. So alcohol can cure a fever [;)]

Todd... well, they didn't quite stick the swab down my throat (maybe she should have?) My Dr. said that the test doesn't always show Strep, but when they send it out, it can come back as positive. Being that it was just before the weekend, and I wouldn't get the results until next week anyway, he decided to just treat it as strep, and not wait. The day after I went to the Dr. I noticed the white spots in my throat... so I just assumed.

No, I never had the swab test "south of the border" lol... and never want to either :)