Less than 24 hours to go on HK 730 Twin Powered auction!

wuzzzer

Still sticking with the Sony, good choice. Sony gets little respect on this forum, and that's fine, but I bet alot of these guys own Sony Cd players, and Sony Dvd players, and don't admit it. Good Luck with your auction.

If you like the Sony, then it is the way to go.

A lot of people here use Sony CD and DVD's and say they wil never change.

I have a Sony digital receiver (STR DA 5000 ES) that I bought on Audiogon. It sounds great with my Belles.

The tide changes quickly around here. A few years ago, nobody used SS with Tubes. Then, after the digital amps came out, everyone had to try them. Dean tried a Carver Digital Pro amp along with a QSC recommended by Trey. The QSC is SS. He preferred the SS QSC to the digital. I followed his advice and bought a QSC and a few others tried SS with Tube pre's. Then it became the way to go.

Crowns were also bashed for a long time. Then Leo K praised the D45 and a few others tried them and liked them. Leo carried a lot of credibility because of his work with digital amps and just all around general knowledge.

Moral of the story, use what you like. You know if it sounds good.

Chris

Still sticking with the Sony, good choice. Sony gets little respect on this forum, and that's fine, but I bet alot of these guys own Sony Cd players, and Sony Dvd players, and don't admit it. Good Luck with your auction.

Thanks! I've only had problems with one Sony item I've ever owned and it was a very inexpensive DVD player that I bought about 6 years ago. The other 9 Sony items I've owned worked flawlessly.

They aren't the best but they certainly aren't the worst!

Sony of the 70's and early 80's was top of the line, then they, like every other company, created a lower end line, inexpensive consumer line, and they had their problems, what ones didn't. The ES series is a good line, built well, long operating life, of equipment. What I find on this forum is we sometimes put to much discussion on the equipment, and we miss the art of the music, and the talented people who create it. My system is small, and nowhere near as impressive as some (most) of the systems on this forum. Khorns, Belles, Lascala's, powered by Mac, Tubes, SS, Blueberry, Outlaw, but you know, when I'm down in my room cranking the tunes, I have the best stereo in the world!!!!!