Practical Joke @ BB

This is AWESOME. Especially when the guards and police start freaking out and messing with these people. With each increase of intensity of the police and security, it gets even more funny. And knowing what I know about that company, it couldn't happen to a nicer group of managers[:D] It takes a special robotic quality to be a Best Buy manager, and this is just what is needed to get them thinking "inside the box". Mix them with a couple of testosterone laden cops, and...........

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to work right next door to a Target, and I'd go in shopping, wearing shirt and tie, and people would come up to me all the time and ask me questions. I'd always just say "I don't know" without giving any explaination. So they'd walk away thinking I was just an unhelpful employee.[6]

The thing is, I wasn't even wearing the Red/Khaki dress code. I always thought it would be fun to go to target dressed in Red/Khaki, but I guess someone else had the same idea.

I am going to be the devil's advocate here. This is funny, but I would be very annoyed if it happened to my store. I do have a sense of humour and I love practical jokes. What if that customer wanting to spend 5K on the plasma didn't get service because the manager was busy dealing with this joke. What if some thief took the opportunity of this mass confusion to actually steal something? What if because of this the store did not make its sales numbers and missed out on a rebate? What if a competitor hired the group to disrupt their rivals? The store manager was correct in being concerned at what was going on and called the cops. What if the police could not respond in time to a real emergency because they where dealing with this prank?

What if an innocent customer, that by coincidence was wearing a similar shirt got stopped by the cops. He and the pranksters would deny he was involved, just like the rest of them. Would the police believe him? What if he did not leave? Would he be arrested? Imagine the disruption in his life all because of some pranksters.

We expect now and then to be disrupted by real events such as crime, accidents etc, but when our lives are disrupted by pranksters it is not funny.

I hope that this group gets hit with a lawsuite sometime.

I looked at the web site and they do all sorts of practical jokes, and I don't think it is appropriate to do this. I red the thing about the no pants in the subway, and at first I thought it was overboard to put the pranksters in jail for 15 days, but then I thought about orderly conduct and police and security doing their job. What if someone wanted to jump in front of the subway and there was no security because they where busy with the pranksters. How do you tell the poor alzheimer's sufferer that really needs help today from the pranksters? A practica joke is fine when it involves a few people that eventually realize it is a joke, but when it ends only with police involvement it is too much. Most people doing practical jokes know when to stop. These people only stop when the police are involved. These people have nothing better to do. If they want excitement they should join the army! Or better yet; Pretend to be an elite covert squad and invade some country!

I do not feel sorry for the naked on the subway poeple who went to jail. Imagine them now not being able to get a job because they have a criminal record?

Sorry for being the party pooper this morning!

Ok, So I went late to bed and need more coffee. The 2 pranks I read where the bad ones. I read some more and they seem pretty funny. An accational prank, ok, but a group of people who do nothing but think up practical jokes can get to be too much.

I don't think it is illegal until you are asked to stop filming(we have the right to refuse service blah blah blah). Some things similar are illegal however, because there are laws or federal regulations regarding a federally regulated situation. At BB, this is clearly not the case. One unfortunate outcome that I see possible is more ridiculous uniforms instead of something so easy to fake (flash to Fast Times at Ridgemont High). While having no sympathy for the managers of the big box in general, in these times think about how much funnier it would be if the participants were all of middle eastern extraction? Wouldn't you freak out if it seemed as if a store full of potential suicide bombers were posted at every aisle?