Klipschorns plus high power s/s = ?

You'll actually be using more than the '5 watts' even for lower level listening. An amplifer with the capability of outputting 100 watts per channel, as long as disortion is kept in check at all output levels, will add much more 'air' and vibrancy to music compared with lower powered amplifiers. This is apparent even high sensitivity speakers like the Klipschorns. The higher powered amplifer will sound faster and more transparent

My old Klipschorns sounded really good when I was driving them with a 20 watts per channel tube amplifier - in fact they sounded fantastic. But when I inserted a 200 watts p/c Rotel, I was stunned. Even if the Rotel wasn't probably the best match tonally, the dynamics were stupendous and the bass was to die for. With this sort of power, for the first time I could hear what the Klipschorns were capable of. The lower powered tube amplifer (a Jolida) in comparison sounded 'nice' and somewhat rounded with the Klipschorns.

You really need to try for yourself. I've heard some good things about the Gryphon. It should be a very good match with the Klipschorns.

As long as the first watt is clean, you'll be fine. Later on you'll be able to try some low, or lower power, tube amps and can make up your mind which technology works for you. With Khorns you have CHOICES. That's a very good thing!