Good quality recorded DVD concerts (DTS and DD 5.1)

Mike Lindsey

Posted Image

Just heard this artist for first time today... they were playing it at the HMV downtown in Vancouver. I asked what it was because it was extremely good, very mellow and good rythym. Picked it up, quality is outstanding and a real nice demo, awesome vocals, guitar,key, and drums ! wow.

fantastic... , outstanding even. especially the track "make you mine"

http://www.abbeyroadsessions.com/donavon-frankenreiter.html

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

DVD-A

Before we get to far from Eric,

" Riding With The King " BB King & Eric Clapton

It says it will play in DVD Video and DTS 5.1

Playing in DVD-A the quality of the recording is as good or better than any I have heard.

12 songs, many are very old hits from BB

1 Riding with the king 7 I wanna be

2 Ten long years 8 Worried life blues

3 Key to the highway 9 Days of old

4 Marry you 10 When my heart beats like a hammer

5 Three o'clock blues 11 Hold on i'm coming

6 Help the poor 12 Come rain or come shine

Just the veneered version! Not the raw plywood yukola!!!! :)

Scooter - Thanks much for the Porcupine Tree heads up. We've been waiting for this for a while and I gave up monitoring it. I hope they don't show much audience cuz I'll be horrified if I see myself! Fripp opened doing his ambient thing. Great venue, great sound.

OFF TOPIC

Eric and J.J. Cale just finishing up in the studio ( cool a?)

Very, very cool!

I think Eric does so much to help some of the folks that helped him become the blues statesman he is. That's a fine thing for Eric to do.. and the sound these two makes together is just so fine.. JJ's got that "laid back" thing going on and EC just feeds of it, and blends his smooth mellow guitar right into it.

Is there anything definite about a release of some sort? Where did you get this little tidbit?

Should make for a fine album.

OFF TOPIC

Eric and J.J. Cale just finishing up in the studio ( cool a?)

Very, very cool!

I think Eric does so much to help some of the folks that helped him become the blues statesman he is. That's a fine thing for Eric to do.. and the sound these two makes together is just so fine.. JJ's got that "laid back" thing going on and EC just feeds of it, and blends his smooth mellow guitar right into it.

Is there anything definite about a release of some sort? Where did you get this little tidbit?

Should make for a fine album.

Steve I heard it on the radio. I thought of you and others so I thought I would post it. I get great classic rock radio with alot of very cool info. I believe it's coming Nov, 7 after reading your post I looked it up.

http://www.ericclapton.com/

Now on topic there is a live Nirvana dvd coming out. It's stated to come out in November. Maybe not the best quality, but it will be fun to watch. I guess we won't know unitll it's out. I hope they do a fine job on the audio.

• 3 weeks later...

One More Car One More Rider....simply reference material...DD or DTS...amazing use of Centre Channel and great content to boot!

One of Clapton's best..........after watching that, how could anyone doubt Eric Clapton's overall career..........Certainly hope his present Tour comes out on DVD........want real Classic Clapton......try the Cream Re-union.........

• Moderators

I looked at that that DVD and never got it, years ago had some Earth Wind & Fire albums. Glad to hear it sounds good will have to try, thanks.

There was another band about the same time frame, The Average White Band , have not listened to them in many years.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a little late to the party but I don't think I saw anyone mention: 'Cream' at the Royal Albert Hall. Recorded in May 2005.

I think this double disc was notable just for the rare opportunity to see Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce with Clapton. It was a time trip. Both recording and video were above average and the presence of Baker and Bruce certainly elevated Clapton's performance. Rent it even if you don't buy it. It's historic if nothing else.

Others that I didn't see mentioned that might be of interest:

Diana Krall: Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival. More intimate than "Live in Paris" and a small, tight

ensemble. She does more original stuff and less cover but very good.

Bela Fleck: Live at the Quick. Such unconventional instrumentation (banjo, oboe, sax, english horn,

steel drums, etc) and musicianship. This can only be described as "fresh meat" for a Klipsch

system.

Tori Amos: Welcome to Sunny Florida. Shot on the last night of a year long tour, early September

after a late summer storm. Hot, steamy, humid. Videos a little over-edited but the sound of

her simple back-up bass and drums along with that BIG beautiful Bossendorfer grand piano

upfront. Nice vocals....excellent concert.

Enjoyed many of the previous mentions esp Allison Krause, Steely Dan, David Byrne (Stop Making Sense) which I consider my best 3 sounding DVDs.

Roger