Speaker purchase question

dmbmay98

Because of where i work i get a discount on speakers. I can not however afford to spend a lot of money. Is it better for me in your opinion to buy two large speakers such as the rf 7. Or buy a complete system like the rf 52. I will be living in a apartment. The speakers will be in my room. I also will not be able to blast the speakers. The speakers will be hooked up to a hk 435.

Welcome to the Form. If you mainly listen to music and can afford them-by all means get the RF7's. If you watch movies and because you state you live in an apartment- get the complete RF 52 setup! Either way I think you'll be pleased with the results.

Please post pictures of whichever set up you end up with.

Kilipsch- it's all good!

How do you like your HK?..........

It depends whether you want to spend money into the system in the future. A whole system is a good block to stop you from buying new stuff as you already have one. Get a pair of main will keep yourself buying more if you watch movies often. Make sure the main fits into the new apartment too! Or it'll be big big headache for just position them with better sound reproduction [:P]

I am getting my hk receiver on Friday. I bought it on ebay refurbished from harman direct. I think i may go with the 52s. Would it be bad in order to save a little money to get the rf 52s a rc 52 a rsw 8 sub and rs 10. I know they dont perfectly match but that would prolly save the most and be the most beneficial. Let me know what you guys think.

If you want to pretty much spend and forget it aproach.Get the smaller mains,and matching speakers.You will NEVER ever exploit the dynamic capabilities in a small room.

I would go for RF7's but that is just me. [:D] I have more RF7's in a 10*12' room than should be allowed by law. And loving it

Are you young? Think 5 years down the road. Those RF7 will still be great LR mains and you can add center and surrounds as funds accumulate. If you think your living situation and system size will be pretty consistent into the foreseeable future, then the 52 rig is probably a good choice.

Michael

I ended up going with the rf 52, rs 42, and rc 52. I will buy the sub later. I will receive the system soon i hope. I found out i can get the discount later on so i figured i would wait on the sub. Do you have any recommendations for subs that are not klipsch that are decently priced.