Featured in June 2006 Issue of HOME THEATER MAGAZINE: PICKY'S HT!!

picky

Glenn, are autographed copies going to be available?

You're my hero man! Way to take the bull by the reins- that has been a complaint of mine about those magazines as well. Show us something we dreamers can do on limited budgets with somewhat limited space. Very well done sir.

But you know I'm going to be all over those photos! Do you know which one's they are using? A fun project might be to do a photoshop layout with the photos prominent, the banner of the magazine, and a few pull quotes. Kind of a magazine layout without so much text- that would be suitable for framing. Just a thought.

Michael

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael: Actually, you are MY hero! I have an 8-1/2 x 11 picture of you on the wall of my cubicle at work. It's the one that used to be your avatar that Indy took of you where you are standing in front of your 4 black LS stack and I have the words, "Speaker Geeks Rule!" emblazoned below. Everyone loves that photo, it is so cool. I envy your Klipsch collection and you truely do have "The house of Klipsch!". Given your collection and your knowledge of speakers, you make me fell like a "beginner"! [;)]

I don't know which photos the magazine is placing on their web site as it's still not active. They choose some key shots to use in the magazine along with a pencil sketch I did of the place while still in the planning stages. I am receiving that plaque that I mentioned in an earlier post to this thread. If we like it we will buy it and find a spot for it. I am also looking for a clear plastic display box to hang on the wall that will house an "untouched" copy of the whole magazine. I am buying 6 copies, 2 of which, I will give to my kids. My son and my daughter's boyfriend helped with the construction and they should be proud of their contributions, too. But, having been here Michael, you know our place well: there are precious-few places to hang anything on the walls. So although I would love to display all of those shots, I think they are probably going to be relegated to being the screen saver slide show on my PC for the time being.

That is great picky! I just subscribed to that mag and I hope you have helped start something for us that aren't quite millionares [;)].

It would be a great format section for this magazine to continue.

Way to go man. I'll be looking for you write-up.

Take care:

Mike

Very cool Glenn & Verna.

I'm on my way to Borders to get the magazine.

I've seen and heard Pick's amazing HT. It more than lived up to Michael Colter's advance billing. Let's hope the article does it justice.

See you at the BBQ!

Just awesome Picky!

As one that has scraped many of knuckles building my dream theater I raise a big toast to you for not only a job well done but one who took it to the man and made them realize there are fine examples of what one can do on there own and without spending the huge bucks on the HT's you see in the mags.

Congratulations Pick!

scooter

I can understand the reason the magazine was so intrigued by Glen's

HT... with a warmth that most DIY'er would love to capture (myself

included). What better way to get the attention of a budget

conscience home owner? The space is efficient, compact, friendly,

and most important... REAL (as in realistic)

A well deserved pat in the back... [:D]

ROb

To hear all of your good words and congratulatory wishes means so much to Verna and I. We can't wait to see those of you whom are going to be in Hope next month. And hopefully maybe we'll see the rest of you next year at Indy? We will be announcing a BBQ at our place this year in late July, too so maybe some of you will make it to that?

We can't thank you enough for all that you've said. What means even more is that many of you have gone through the same toil and anguish of building rooms of your own and know what it's like to try and build something that is so complex that it can feel overwhelming at times. Not feeling certain you know exactly what you are doing at all times, yet somehow, you finish the room and it works even better than you had hoped! Nothing means more to me than praise from my peers! I can only offer you my heart-felt thanks! [:D]

Here is the main shot they featured at the beginning of the story. The screen image here is from 'Troy' and it's washed-out due to all of the lights that needed to stay on for the picture. The magazine superimposed a spaceship over the screen!

post-10177-13819298021722_thumb.jpg