Jay481985

I am near Boston staying over my mother's friend's house which is in a

nice suburb near boston. The house is probably over a million and they

have the necessities to be a million dollar house. Viking Stove, Sub

Zero Refridgerator, Solid Oak Floors, Bose 5.1 System [:@]

Well they are singing kareoker or however you spell it but it sounds

terrible. If my rf-83 sounded anything like that I would throw it at

the face of the salesman. First feedback is a nightmare as the bose is

mounted on the wall about 10 feet above with those silly mounts.

Atleast the wire was pulled through the wall. But feedback is a

nightmare but when the music is just playing..... ROFL!!!! I mean

really those 2.5 inch woofers just cannot handle the highs and the bass

modulator is center front right next to the tv stand. Not ideal nor

does it hint at anything impressive. This is a realy world evaluation

not in the bose store. The room is I would say 32 feet by 25 feet with

the room open to the rest of the house. Also the roof is vaunted

halfway. I know terrible for sound but this house is the cast mold type

typical suburban mcmansion type design.

There's a DJ in town who uses Bose 'stacks' for his PA. Guy is deaf as a stone, used to do the announcing for the Pacers, so is nearly deaf from wearing headphones and shouting into the mics.

He has two on either side of his turntable setup, and with the smiley face EQ, the amp is just clipping like crazy and you can hear the Pop, Pop, Pop as those little 4" speakers bottom out trying to put out some bass.

I got such a headache working for this joker that I won't take on any weddings if he's the disc jockey!

I can't believe someone would try to sing through a Bose 5.1 system. It sure won't last long. Has to sound like H#LL! Leave at once if you value your hearing!

Michael

I went to karaoke in Old Town by Orlando, FL last week and they had JBL Pro speakers. I would have loved to see how the guy had the EQ set up, since it seemed that from 1khz on up it was boosted by about 30dB. It was so bad that my ears were ringing for minutes afterward. Didn't help that the singers were generally terrible. [:|]

Stop the hate ,B0$e rocks for these people.They are not audiophiles and they do not care,if they did they would never throw money out the window for pieces of garbage like this.

Any audiophile has at least...at bare minimum some RF7's or RF83's [:D] And real ones have Dynaudio Contour [:#]

Jay you are not capable of taking a near 100lbs speaker(RF83) and throwing it at the face of a salesman. [:P] You could throw a B0$e Acoustic Me$$ boom module,and this would not even leave any marks on him,as the carboard box and the two massive $1.99 woofers would fall apart.

I've been to Old Town years ago when my bro worked part time at a woodworking kiosk (off Route 192 in Kissimmee actually, outside of Walt Disney World)...my coworkers at my present job have never been there before and have mentioned that they'd like to check the tourist strip out. Maybe we should go sometime...I could check out this karaoke joint and aquaint them to Klipsch sound instead, or at least sneak into their control booth and bypass their smiley-face EQ settings!

You could throw a B0$e Acoustic Me$$ boom module,and this would not even leave any marks on him,as the carboard box and the two massive $1.99 woofers would fall apart.

Definitely quote of the week [:D]

Instead of laughing at people who use Bo$e, we should educate them to steer clear of Bo$e in rest of their life for helping our ears whenever we visit them again. I think that would help our own ears the future reference.

BTW it spells karaoke, it's japanese words [;)]

I've been to Old Town years ago when my bro worked part time at a woodworking kiosk (off Route 192 in Kissimmee actually, outside of Walt Disney World)...my coworkers at my present job have never been there before and have mentioned that they'd like to check the tourist strip out. Maybe we should go sometime...I could check out this karaoke joint and aquaint them to Klipsch sound instead, or at least sneak into their control booth and bypass their smiley-face EQ settings!

Please do! The place had the word "Blue" in their name.

Also if you go on Saturday night they have a classic car cruise. Last Saturday there were about 300 cars!

Ok we visited a mall with the bose store in it. I went in with the mindset to give it a open mind about the bose. Ok the bose were impressive with the size I guess but could not produce the high of the rf-83 nor the lows. The sales guy would claim it is trade secrets of the specs... And also said well in this case (refering to I asked that the bigger the speakers the better) that bose defies logic and smaller is better.

The guy played Eagles - Hotel California and I just could not get into it as it was difused and the bass was missing, I mean the higer bass was there but the lower was missing and even the bose person said yeah well these cannot reproduce the lowest bass (atleast he was truthful)

Also I said that my roommate owned these klipsch rf-83 and acted like I knew little to none in which he tried to give me information but skewed it due to the bose sales pitch..... I felt sorry for the guy

About 30 years ago, I purchased four BO$E speakers as a small portable system. My larger system was four University S-9's; sort of a pre-cursor to the La Scala, folded plywood horns with the Cobraflex and a tweeter. I thought the BO$E were 'ok' until I heard the Klipsch Industrial Heresy's at a buddy's store. They blew me away. I bought a pair and started using them...... Meanwhile....

A buddy was doing a bar on the weekends and asked me to fill in. He used BO$E, so he figured I would be a good fit. I told him I didn't use the BO$E stuff anymore and asked him if the Klipsch stuff would be ok. Sure, he said.

The next week he was kinda pissed-off. Asked me why I brought such a "big system" in and thought I was trying to undermine him. I laughed and told him where to audition the Heresy's. He bought a pair. He still uses them for weddings.

BO$E BLOW$

Klipsch Heresy Industrials. Biggest little speaker anyone ever made....

Jay,

You wreote about the limited bass and upper freq.range.Yes its is very clear but you forgot the main B0$e weakness! The major handicap.

The most important range to human ears,the MIDRANGE! B0$e colors this frequency range and makes it shound like 1980's Hi-Fi.

If you listen to Klipsch heritage line you will have realisn in part to the great midrange reproduction.With B0$e there is no natural midrange,and the remaining is all bad.Save for the placement ease and size its flawed beyond bad.

The bass has no articulation(definition)and is very undefined.Simply horrendous garbage,the upper range is not only rolled off(this can be a quality many times)buy lacks transparency and true natural detail.The sats are way too colored to mu taste.

Once you listen to the largest Heritage with tubes or larger Dynaudio with high end high power smooth solid state you will be shocked.B0$e speakers only compete well with mass market carboard mini systems.And are optimised for the same crowd.

My old house, this system was better! I use two sets of Cornwalls today and am VERY, very happy. The best portable Karaoke Systems, speakers wise today by far, are from Mackie. No one else comes close. With the only exception being JBL. At that price level it should be nice with JBL though.