The extinction of the KSF-C5?

dylan927us

Hey everyone, I've been reading everything I can about my new pair of KSF 8.5's (Found a pair on craigslist for $100[6]) and have come to the solid conclusion I need to now get my hands on a KSF-C5 for my HT setup. I've searched high and low on every site mentioned on these forums to look for this discontinued speaker with no luck.. Can anyone give me any pointers or does anyone perhaps have one for sale? I must say I hate waiting for one to pop up on eBay but that's the dead end I've reached as of tonight.

Also, I read that the SS-1's are a fair match with the 8.5/C5 combo, is this correct? I just bought a new pair on eBay for around 150 and I'm hoping I'm not making a mistake.

Oh, and Keith (T2K), you seem to know loads about this particular Synergy line, I hope I get to hear from you![G]

Thanks in advance everyone!

-Dylan

Hey!

I have a pair of white KSF-S5 sourround speakers, that are in great

shape that might be available if you really need them...They aren't

going anywhere right now...so keep me in mind. I intend to pick

up a new pair of reference surrounds one of these days, just have not

gotten around to it...

K

Edit: By the way, I like the white color as they are mounted

close to the celing and blend very well...they don't appear too over

bearing or large...just fyi.

Hey friend, and welcome.

I always liked the classic (discountinued) line of Synergy speakers, I think they offered a lot for the price. That is, if you're interested in LISTENENING to them rather than joining the MY SPEAKERS ARE BIGGER THAN YOURS crowd. Of course, room size matters, they may be lacking in output if you have a large room.

The Synergy line is generally 'warmer' than Reference speakers. Using the wrong amplification with Reference or the Heritage and quais-Heritage speakers are torture to my ears. My angle of attack in finding the sound that I prefered was to find amplification that would bring out the top end of the Synergy's, to get all the detail that Klipsch speakers are known for. Whereas those speakers mentioned above are widely 'warmed up' by using tube amplifcation or crossover mods or warmer SS to tame the excessive highs (my take).

I owned a couple of the KSF-C5 centers. I think they are great center speakers. They have 2 rear ports and provide good bass for the small woofers. I never thought I needed a larger center when bass management was set up correctly. I sold one to a member here I think and gave the other to a friend.

I never owned the correct surrounds for your fronts, the KSF-S5's. I instead bought KSP-S6's to use with my KSP300's. I always knew I would find and buy KSP400's so I went ahead and bought the center KSP-C6 and surrounds KSP-S6 (for the 400's) when I found them. I can't say how the SS1's would work with your 8.5's. I never owned them. I would think that they would work well though. Best bet would be to go with the KSF-C5 center and the KSF-S5 surrounds, if you can find them. Of course, the price you paid for your 8.5's will probably be much less than what the C5 and S5's will cost.

Keep your eye on E-Bay and Audiogon. Both show up there frequently. I will send you an e-mail with a lead on a center that might interest you. Can't say how it will sound with your KSF-8.5's but I'll bet it will sound great.

Why not add your home state to your profile. It will help others help you.

Good luck!

Keith

Kriton posted while I was typing my response to your question (had to take a phone call, drink a cup of coffee and do some searching). Anyway, I would buy his speakers if the price is right. He probably don't want over $75 or so for them.[;)]

Keith

Kriton, I'll keep you in mind about those surrounds, the SS-1's should be here early next week so I'll see how they fit my taste.

Keith, thanks for your input, I would like to find a C5 but I think I may try the C6.

Thanks for your replies folks!

I paid for my C6 8 hours before that C5 was listed, the But it Now price was put up because I asked if he could (In case the C6 broke in shipping). I just got the C6 (Seller overnighted it to me for free) and I'm blown away, it's fantastic.

A big thanks to Keith for leading me to it!

Thank you all for replying and helping me out! [:D]

-Dylan