2 x RC-7 used as stereo speakers

rwerf

I would like your advice / comments about my intended 5.1 set-up. Because of limited place besides my projection screen (10" wide), I need to position my L/R speakers beneath the screen. For this reason, I am considering to use 3 RC-7's for L/C/R becasue the RF-7/-5 are simply too high. An alternative may be 2 x RB-75 + RC-7 on lowered stands (I have another pair of RB-75's for rear L/R).

Does any of you have some experience, or can imagine how such 3xRC-7 config would sound like? The Klipsch importer for the Netherlands (I live in Holland) claimed when asked that 3xRC-7 should sound superior to 2xRB-75+RC-7.

I would appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Rob.

I would like your advice / comments about my intended 5.1 set-up. Because of limited place besides my projection screen (10" wide), I need to position my L/R speakers beneath the screen. For this reason, I am considering to use 3 RC-7's for L/C/R becasue the RF-7/-5 are simply too high. An alternative may be 2 x RB-75 + RC-7 on lowered stands (I have another pair of RB-75's for rear L/R).

I think if your projection screen is 10 inches wide you have problems worse than you think!! [;)]

Well, let's assume you meant 10 feet wide screen. Are you going to set the RC-7s so they are sitting upright or lay them flat like the center channel? They may sound different depending on how you have them placed.

In an L/C/R application the best sound comes from using 3 identical speakers.

Bill,

Thanks for your quick reply, I'd missed the thread you refered to in my earlier searches but it looks that the RC-7 should indeed give a superior result.

I should have my set hooked up by mid next month after I received my 4306 (Denon Europe for some reason has a long delivery time), I'll keep you posted.

Rgds, Rob