What piece of your system did you spend the most on?

Just wondering what the members have the most on a single component of thier current systems. I realise software (LPs/CDs/wax cartridges, etc) for a veteran usually on total cost the most, but I don't mean software. In my case the 5803 was the single most costly item than say a pair of R-7s, but you add in the RC7, RS7, RSW15 and RB3s, I have spent more on speakers. Just curious.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If furnature counts then it was my 4 HT seats at a little over 6K.

If not, probably my pre/pro Sunfire TGIV clocking in around 3K.

Speakers in total for sure top the list...but I think you would have to realistically look at them on a per pair basis. Highest cost per ounce would have to be a cartridge...those things are just silly expensive for what you get.

Interested to hear what others have to say along with the cost itself. Good thread!

Awaiting the arrival of my Velodyne DD18 sub . At $3,150.00 cost + frieghting it is second only to my Samsung 50" DLP tv . Which is now 1k less than when I purchased it 2 years ago .

LOL,my 50 in. Samsung DLP retailed for $4500.The same now is @$2300.That is $500 less than what I paid 2.5 years ago.

Greg

Awaiting the arrival of my Velodyne DD18 sub . At $3,150.00 cost + frieghting it is second only to my Samsung 50" DLP tv . Which is now 1k less than when I purchased it 2 years ago .

LOL,my 50 in. Samsung DLP retailed for $4500.The same now is @$2300.That is $500 less than what I paid 2.5 years ago.

Greg

Sounds like you got a good deal . When I purchased my Sammy it had just been reduced to $3,299.00 . Of course that is before tax and extended warranty . Still on my first bulb though . [:)]

Greg

Sounds like you got a good deal . When I purchased my Sammy it had just been reduced to $3,299.00 . Of course that is before tax and extended warranty . Still on my first bulb though . [:)]

I'm on my second mainly because I also use it for a monitor hooked up to my computer.I estimated the hrs on that first bulb at around 8000.I also have a bad habit of falling asleep with it on.

Greg

Greg

Yes,I got lucky.My Sammy was returned to Ulimate Audio after one week due to some guys WAF,lol.They couldnt sell it as new and I was in the right spot at the right time.Incredible picture especially with ESPN HD.

Greg