purchasing Klipschorns off eBay

tom b. 57

I met a guy at a photo seminar who had worked for NASA for 20 years teaching every single astronaut photography. Their cameras - Nikons and Hassies (highly modified of course). If they're good enough for NASA, they're good enough for me.

Michael

yep every 500 series hasselblad is based on the 500 c/m that is still on the moon! I remember that they used the nikon f3 because of the outstanding durability and reliabilty. Also the shutter had to meet the specs of 0 gravity hence that titanium shutter is near bulletproof from what I hear.

Thank you all for your responses to my posting. You have helped me formulate a personal policy when considering purchases off eBay. There is one item tyhat I am unclear on. That item is the minimum power supply needed to drive a pair of Khorns to successfully indulge in the beautiful world of Klipsch sound.Can anyone give me some feedback on the sort of equipment that I may want to consider procuring.

tom b. 57

Most people having klipschorns drive them off of amp that were more inline with the timeperiod they were made in. That would be tube amplifiers, which I know very little about. One of the great things about Klipschorns are they are soo efficent needing only 10 watts to really get loud. Any proper solidstate would do well but it must have one requirement. A very clean first watt. These speakers are defintely audiophile but not regared as one because the true nature it gives. Crap in = Crap out hence people with klipschorns change amp to amp to amp. I am sure people will chime in

BTW I am sorry for talking cameras and sooo before.

Also be wary on ebay but don't be closed minded on some auctions. I mean if it is too good to be true then it probably is. If the seller has less than 100 feedback be wary, if the seller has more than 1000 be wary too because they are selling for the money and will not regard you as a human but a number.

If you don't use E-spay, you can't be cheated on E-spay......I don't like E-spay, but there are alot of people on here that do, and have good things to say about it. They are probably right, and I'm wrong, but I won't get cheated by it. The last thing I would want, is to buy a set of Khorns on E-bay and have problems, would ruin the purchase.The only way to use E-bay is to purchase from Klipsch online, that I can understand.

oldbuckster, time to take your head out of the sand and look at the good ebay has done. Obviously the good outweighs the bad since ebay has been around along time. If everyone was cheated ebay probably would not be as well off today. I mean it happens, sorta like you accept the risk when driving knowing someone may try to purposely hit you and claim an insurance fraud on you. I mean start off small but don't be closed minded.

oldbuckster, time to take your head out of the sand and look at the good ebay has done. Obviously the good outweighs the bad since ebay has been around along time. If everyone was cheated ebay probably would not be as well off today. I mean it happens, sorta like you accept the risk when driving knowing someone may try to purposely hit you and claim an insurance fraud on you. I mean start off small but don't be closed minded.

Head in the sand, good that e-bay has done, and what would that good be asks the man with sand in his hair? You didn't buy your speakers on E-bay, how come?Didn't you like the warranty on E-bay, not covered long enough?How about the time limit on E-bay, don't you love bidding than waiting for someone to snipe you the last minute? Anything I have ever thought about buying, oops,I mean bidding on, E-bay I end up buying new anyway, so you really don't buy, you BID. It's just not for me, doesn't mean others shouldn't use it, and I'm sure others have gotten great deals, and I'm happy for them. I know the Klipsch store uses that service, and it works for them, and it's easier for them, and I have no problem with that, because in the end Klipsch will make the purchase right if you have a problem, but that's Klipsch, not E-bay. Maybe I am closed minded, I been accused of that several times on this forum, but it's my money, and I choose not to spend it on E-bay.

i've brought a couple things on ebay though most were buy it now price....... But I am happy for what the price was. Also I brought the speakers new cause the cornwalls were getting ridiculous in prices at that time. I mean you're not absolutely closed minded but something you don't even put a foot in the water to test the temperature. Also by buying the rf-83 I am supporting Klipsch as a company.

I have friends who buy on E-bay all the time, they like it, they are not wrong. People will always tell you of the good things they get on e-bay, it's not very often people admit they got stung on e-bay. All I'm saying is, if I'm going to make a purchase like Khorns, I would rather take my chances with a forum member, than trust people on E-bay. To me, that would be a major purchase, and I would be crushed if for some reason I got stung on e-bay, what a way to ruin a moment. All I know is, if you don't go in the water, you can't drown.

I looked to buy H2's on E-bay, at that time they were selling for $600. and up per pair used, No way will I spend that much for used, thought about it, surfed the net, found a brand new pair of leftovers, good price, drove down and pick them up. Brand new speakers, 5 year warranty, never been out of box, that would not happen on e-bay, a little more money, but worth it to me. That's the second time I bought new speakers from Klipsch. Funny, how the price of used speakers goes up and down, I think the time of year has alot to do with it.

I have friends who buy on E-bay all the time, they like it, they are not wrong. People will always tell you of the good things they get on e-bay, it's not very often people admit they got stung on e-bay. All I'm saying is, if I'm going to make a purchase like Khorns, I would rather take my chances with a forum member, than trust people on E-bay. To me, that would be a major purchase, and I would be crushed if for some reason I got stung on e-bay, what a way to ruin a moment. All I know is, if you don't go in the water, you can't drown.

definitely I trust the forum members more than ebay sellers.

I looked to buy H2's on E-bay, at that time they were selling for $600. and up per pair used, No way will I spend that much for used, thought about it, surfed the net, found a brand new pair of leftovers, good price, drove down and pick them up. Brand new speakers, 5 year warranty, never been out of box, that would not happen on e-bay, a little more money, but worth it to me. That's the second time I bought new speakers from Klipsch. Funny, how the price of used speakers goes up and down, I think the time of year has alot to do with it.

tax return season is what made me have to buy the rf-83 as the cornwalls were all going above 1000 dollars yet around january to march they were under 800

• 2 weeks later...