Just bought the new Def Leppard - Yeah CD

m00n

The virdict is still out rather I like it or not. It's far removed from typical Def Leppard. What they did is took a bunch of songs that inspired them as kids and redone them Def Leppard style. Kinda Def Leppard style anyway.

So anywho, if you get a chance, they do a version of the old song Rock On. The recording is just flawless and sounds soooooooooooo fricking good on those RF7s.

Well, that's it, that's about all I wanted to say. [:)]

Hey kids, rock and roll rock on!

Bought the CD for my wife last night. I told her it was her early anniversary present. She said that better not be the only thing she's getting! [:|]

She thought it was alright. "Stay with me" is dead-on. "No matter what" is probably the best song on the disc. I thought it was great!

Wow... shows how much I have been paying attention... I didn't even know they had a new release. I will have to check into it.

"Rock On" eh? I used to really like that tune.... "James Dean" (in my low voice lol) Good song!

The David Essex song "Rock On"?

That's the one! [;)]

It's to bad they didn't do more songs like "two steps behind", instead of the easy route of doing old songs. Seems they all fall back on repeating proven old songs when they have nothing new. My favorite old song re-do's are;Acid Eater's, the Ramones,and Pin-ups, David Bowie, they rock.

Joe; did you see the new Metal Years special on VH-1 classic? Lot of great footage, good show, explains how the term Heavy Metal started, and how it changed over the years, and the birth of the Power Ballad ,which in the end ,killed the Hair Metal boys.

Yeah, I have actually been watching VH1 quite a bit. I think I have caught them all.

The Metal Years was always a favorite of mine, I am waiting for it to come out on DVD.

On the Heavy Metal show, I thought it was great when Dee Snider from Twisted Sister (sarcastically) thanked Tesla for "unplugged" lol.... And how he criticized the hair metal bands for the power ballad. It made me realize that wow, that's true, I never noticed Twisted Sister never did one.

Have you watched any of the "supergroup"? That's some more crazy stuff there. Ted Nugent is pretty entertaining. when told by the female chef (that had never heard of Ted) that he was "tooting his own horn" for saying how good his career has been, he replied "I can't not toot that horn, or untoot that horn, that's the horn that keeps on tooting" [:)]

There is also a separate "Bonus CD" that can be purchased that has five more songs including "American Girl", "Search & Destroy", "Space Oddity", "Dear Friends" and "Heartbeat" as well as three backstage interviews. Overall I've enjoyed both discs. allmusic.com gave "Yeah!" a pretty good review. I was pretty impressed with "Rock On" also.