Dang, check out these new crown amps:

DrWho

All I gotta say is that this amp is pretty nice.

DrWho, I'm willing to bet that the damping factor of 500 is fairly accurate. Or at least, this amp has absolutely no problems controlling these Dayton 15's of mine at any volume. The bass is very detailed at all freqs and volumes.

Also, I have to say, this amp is dead silent in the room. I have noticed that the fan does not run at all durring normal music and playback levels. In fact, the only time the fan ever came on was when I was playing a CD by a band called Everything But The Girl. The album is labelled Temperamental. The track that I played was called "Compression". I usually use that track as a good subwoofer test. It has a major deep drum bass in it that starts 1:30 into the song and lasts for 6 minutes straight. It's pretty much a torcher test for amps and subs. The master volume was at -2 and I was running a sustained 105dB at my listening seat.

After playing this track for the 4th time in a row, the fan finally came on towards the end of the song. About 10 seconds after the song was over, the fan shut off again.

With music and movies at more normal levels and bass content, I highly doubt the fan will ever come on. And to my surprise, the amp was cool to the touch!!

Yeah, I'm keeping this amp! [<:o)]

Chops, can you hook it up to one of your cornwalls to verify if the mids are better or as drwho dislikes about the crown ce model in which it replaces. Remember lows are easy for amps, its mids and highs. If it does sound good I might go the route of pro amps for the rf-83.

oh chops btw is teh face a metal one or metalicized plastic one?

The entire front panel is solid aluminum. The amp seems very solid all the way around. Me likes! [H]

oh the humanity..... /me reaches for the plastic but can't no job!

It's becoming quite apparent that even a lot of the long time forum members are now becoming trolls.

violent-smiley-019.gif

huh?

No, not you. I'm referring to all the numb-nuts above with all their stupid "dang" crap.

BTW, do you not like the aluminum and prefer the plastic?

It's becoming quite apparent that even a lot of the long time forum members are now becoming trolls.

violent-smiley-019.gif

huh?

No, not you. I'm referring to all the numb-nuts above with all their stupid "dang" crap.

oh no I meant plastic as credit card but I cannot as I have no job at the moment.

violent-smiley-019.gif

huh?

oh no I meant plastic as credit card but I cannot as I have no job at the moment.

Oh yeah, got it now... [:$] Sorry, it's been a long day.

Chops,

Very nice amp,the real EAR does not post grarbage about Crown,as they are like Bryston among the most respected names in power amps.

May look simple,but no doubt effective and will do a great job.There is one audiophile sicker than me that has Krell M650 monoblocks for his Wilson MAXX speakers and uses Crown's elite amps for his subwoofers.Proof even die hard elitist audiophiles approve Crown.

In fact the amp looks great.

On another wave now...I HATE THE NEW FORUMS.The person who "improved" to a point of disgust.at a dumb idea was to change the old fums style. I am trying not to flame the culprits.If it was me I would fire the geniuses on the spot.

WHY do you have such slowdown when posting? I use a dual core AMD64 4800,with four GB of RAM and an ultra high speed connection the posting is slow as hell! This is ridiculous.The most lethargic forum ever. The server must be some old refurbished MacDonalds cash machine witha few old drives.I make typo upon typo here. I feel like being on a server from a large Taiwanese corporation that uploads at 4KB/sec.

I like most thinks Klipsch,but the newer forum is a stepdown due to the feel.

violent-smiley-019.gif

???

Dang, oh gosh, wow, gee whizz, man-o-man, that is a very nice looking amp with the thick aluminum faceplate.

Apology accepted for referring to me as "numb-nuts" and troll, whatever that is.