X-Men 3

Jeff Matthews

although I did not see it yet, did they ever incorporate the centinals? Those huge robots designed to capture mutants?

Also the timing is a bit different then the comic book.

Though I haven't seen it yet (will see it in about 6 hours), I'm sure they do as I saw a clip on Leno a few weeks back, and it was of Wolverine disappearing into a cloud of smoke, emerging cocky as always, alongside a gigantic sentinel head that comes bouldering down right behind after he claws it off.

They don't explain what the Sentinels are, but it was cool to see an appearance in the movie. Also Trask, who invented the Sentinels in the comics appears, although he doesn't look like he does in the comics. Also a bunch of characters loosely based on the Morlocks from the comics are in the movie, as is Moira MacTaggart, and Stan Lee makes a brief Cameo.

Unfortunately, with all that, the movie just isn't that great. It's okay, but didn't meet my expectations.

And yeah, no Nightcrawler. It would've been cool to see Colossus fight Juggernaut, too, since that was one of my favorite X-Men comics of all time.

Went and saw X man 3 also . . . love to have Jugernaught as a friend . . . particularly during rush hour :-). This movie's CGI was amazing. Sad for the lost of several key mutants but love the ending enciting a possible sequel. I heard they might do a another story centered around woverine.

They don't explain what the Sentinels are, but it was cool to see an appearance in the movie.  Also Trask, who invented the Sentinels in the comics appears, although he doesn't look like he does in the comics.  Also a bunch of characters loosely based on the Morlocks from the comics are in the movie, as is Moira MacTaggart, and Stan Lee makes a brief Cameo. 

Unfortunately, with all that, the movie just isn't that great.  It's okay, but didn't meet my expectations.

And yeah, no Nightcrawler.  It would've been cool to see Colossus fight Juggernaut, too, since that was one of my favorite X-Men comics of all time.

Turns out I didn't see it yesterday, got bamboozled into seeing DaVinci code for a 2nd, grueling time last night.

But! Who won in the comic book? It wasn't as anti-climactic as when Iron Man knocked out The Hulk with 1 punch, was it?

In the comic, they basically fought to a standstill. Wolvie and Nightcrawler took Pete (Colossus) out to a bar, and Juggernaut was tossing a few back. They are all in their street clothes, Wolvie and Nightcrawler notice Juggy right away, but colossus doesn't recognize him without the helmet. Peter bumps into Juggy, and a brawl ensues. Wolverine and Nightcrawler stay out of it, Wolvie says Pete has it coming and if Juggernaut didn't do it, he was going to knock some sense into Pete anyway (he had just broken up with Kitty Pryde for no good reason). So they had a knock-down drag-out for a good long while. They pretty much destroyed the bar. Wolverine finally steps in and breaks up the fight, then he flips the Bartender a wad of money to pay for the damages. It was awesome.

I used to be a huge comic geek, but haven't kept up for years.

Thanks for the recap!

Saw X-3 yesterday, thought it was the best of the trilogy. It's just too bad:

1) as mentioned earlier, Colossus and Juggernaut didn't duke it out.

2) James Marsden (Cyclops) had to die so early. No residual checks for Jimmy!

3) Xavier and Magneto looked SO FAKE in the "20 years ago" sequence.

Thanks for the recap!

Saw X-3 yesterday, thought it was the best of the trilogy. It's just too bad:

1) as mentioned earlier, Colossus and Juggernaut didn't duke it out.

2) James Marsden (Cyclops) had to die so early. No residual checks for Jimmy!

3) Xavier and Magneto looked SO FAKE in the "20 years ago" sequence.

Oh no you gave away the movie!!! argh! meh I never liked cyclops in the movie and in the cartoon

I liked the movie, and this to say about it:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/740104.aspx

I am not a fan of the comic book never read it that I recall. But one of the things that bothers me is the role changes they made in the movie.

The professor is abrupt with Wolverine, defending his mind games with gorgeous Jean which apparently lead her to the dark side of the force. This sets us up for his demise. We are disappointed, especially since new students with new abilities and problems coming to his school would be an ideal setting for continues the series, but not sad. In the previous X-Men movie, the evil Magneto wants the mutants to dominate the world because of their superior powers. This cause is muted in this movie. Instead the evil Magneto is merely fighting for humane treatment of mutants. One cant help but feel that he is right: a majority of mutants will choose the cure (except for those who excel at sports, entertainment and finance) and become normal. Not only that, but he is right about society too. At first, it will pressure young mutants to conform. When they dont and more mutants dominate the lucative industries, society will force the cure upon them. So in this movie, the audience is left siding with the evil Magneto, instead of the democratic Professor.

I just have to say, do you really think anyone is really dead? Nobody dies in Comic Books. [;)]

And Colin, I don't see how people could side with Magneto. I understand where he's coming from, but his reasons for wanting Jean were far from noble. Plus, look how fast he turned his back on someone once they no longer had power. And the way he considers his fellow Mutants, his "brothers," as just pawns.... I think you got it wrong. The Prof was right trying to keep Jean under control, and by the end, Wolverine understood why.

I do kind of wonder what Xavier meant when he said "You're the last person I need to explain myself to." (Or something to that effect).

Also, did you notice how the Prof gave Wolvie that little smile before you know what happened? Kinda reminds you of the First Star Wars, with Obie-Wan and Luke.