Night out on Bourbon Street

• Moderators

Just wanted to tell you guys that dtel and I went to Bourbon Street in New Orleans last night. That is something we haven't done in quite a few years, even though we are less than an hour away.

We listened to a couple of live bands, not that we can remember the names of any.[<:o)][D]

Also took dtel (and myself) to a "gentlemen's club".[:D] We had a great time. Like my niece says, "What happens on Bourbon Street stays on Bourbon Street."[;)]

After working up an appetite at the "gentlemen's club" we grabbed a bite to eat at "The Clover Grill" on St. Ann Street.

It would be an understatement to say we had a great time. We didn't make it home until after 6:00a.m.

We need to plan a Klipsch get together in New Orleans soon. You guys would love it.

I had forgotten how much fun it was to play tourist in New Orleans.[<:o)]

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a treat! We live an hour north of San Francisco, and rarely "play tourist" there. I think we'd do it more if we could find a parking space!

Now, how about some tales of Beale Street? ;^)

........"Also took dtel (and myself) to a "gentlemen's club".........

No, I don't think so.......Lynn had never been to such a place and she insisted.

We hit Show Bar around 2am. It was all that I could do to keep her off the stage!!!!

She later assaulted a police horse parked on the street.

tc

• Moderators

I certainly hope you two behaived yourselves?

We won't tell. Like I said "What happens on Bourbon Street stays on Bourbon Street!". [;)] [<:o)]

We didn't act too outrageous, my 21 year old niece and her fiance, as well as my 26 year old daughter and her fiance were with us.

But, "We did give them something to talk about.".

• Moderators

No, I don't think so.......Lynn had never been to such a place and she insisted.

We hit Show Bar around 2am. It was all that I could do to keep her off the stage!!!!

tc

Maybe you guys should come to New Orleans. They have a "gentlemen's club" that allows wives and girlfriends access to the stage and the "poles." I wanted to go to that club, but my niece's fiance was afraid I might take the stage and try the pole out.[;)]

If the "gentlemen's club" is too much, Lynn could still dance on the bar at Urban Cowboy. [H] They clear the bar every so often and let the ladies "take over".[;)]

We would be more than happy to show you guys around.

• Moderators

What a treat! We live an hour north of San Francisco, and rarely "play tourist" there. I think we'd do it more if we could find a parking space! Now, how about some tales of Beale Street? ;^)

Fini, we parked by the Riverwalk, strange enough at 6:00 a.m. there was no attendant to collect the parking fee. It wouldn't matter if the parking fee was ridiculously expensive, it would have been well worth it.[;)]

We really must plan a Klipsch get together in this area.

• Moderators

Sounds like alot of fun.

"laissez les bons temps rouler!"

Dee, it was a total change of character for us, and a well needed break.

Dtel and I have agreed that we may have to visit Bourbon Street more often. We may even get a room at one of the hotels in the Quarter and make a weekend out of it. We also agreed that we need to start "stepping out" a little more often.

The great thing is you can dress up or dress down. We all dressed in jeans and shorts. Anything goes.

I must say I was a little surprised by the "gentlemen's club", I don't think I have ever been to one before. But...dtel and I will definitely be going again.

I visited New Orleans in 2002 I wonder how much it changed. It was a science convention of some sort (I used to win state and all around the tri state area with my science projects) but that did not stop me from going to bourbon street at age 17 [;)] but it did stop me from going into bars..... I wish I could go there again. Did it change or is it the same, Boubon Street of course.

tc

Maybe you guys should come to New Orleans. They have a "gentlemen's club" that allows wives and girlfriends access to the stage and the "poles." I wanted to go to that club, but my niece's fiance was afraid I might take the stage and try the pole out.[;)]

If the "gentlemen's club" is too much, Lynn could still dance on the bar at Urban Cowboy. [H] They clear the bar every so often and let the ladies "take over".[;)]

Well thanks.(I think)[;)] But I don't think so. Maybe you and Lynn! Sounds like you two are cut from the same cloth. Me? Don't think that I would want to be involved with Two lunatics in that place.[li] God, that poor horse. Probably has been institutionalized.[:(]

see you in Hope

tc

• Moderators

It doesn't appear that Hurricane Katrina affected Bourbon Street very much. There were a couple (maybe three) places that were locked up tight and appeared to be out of business.

The French Quarter did not experience any flooding.

We have been to Bourbon Street for Mardis Gras in the past (the last visit was about ten years ago) so Memorial Day Weekend seemed tame compared our past Mardis Gras experiences.

Let us know if you ever get down this way, we would be happy to show you around.

• Moderators

tc

Well thanks.(I think)[;)] But I don't think so. Maybe you and Lynn! Sounds like you two are cut from the same cloth. Me? Don't think that I would want to be involved with Two lunatics in that place.[li] God, that poor horse. Probably has been institutionalized.[:(]

see you in Hope

tc

I don't consider myself to be a "lunatic", although others may.[:)]

Who knows you may enjoy being involved with "two lunatics" in "that place".[;)] I am sure dtel would enjoy it.[;)]

It's good to cut loose every once in a while, especially where no one knows who you are.

We are probably going to arrive in Hope on Wednesday night. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

tc

see you in Hope

tc

I don't consider myself to be a "lunatic", although others may.[:)]

Who knows you may enjoy being involved with "two lunatics" in "that place".[;)] I am sure dtel would enjoy it.[;)]

It's good to cut loose every once in a while, especially where no one knows who you are.

We are probably going to arrive in Hope on Wednesday night. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hey girl, I didn't mean to offend with the term "lunatic". I was referring to the potential carnage that my wife and a like minded female could inflict on a city like N.O., or LV. Perhaps I should have said two "crazy people". [:D] Not referring to dtel or myself naturally.[A] I had better stop. I think that I am just getting in deeper.[:D]

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Best regards,

Terry

It doesn't appear that Hurricane Katrina affected Bourbon Street very much. There were a couple (maybe three) places that were locked up tight and appeared to be out of business.

The French Quarter did not experience any flooding.

We have been to Bourbon Street for Mardis Gras in the past (the last visit was about ten years ago) so Memorial Day Weekend seemed tame compared our past Mardis Gras experiences.

Let us know if you ever get down this way, we would be happy to show you around.

I appreciate it!

• Moderators

On second thought...lunatic could be an appropriate word...crazy...that works too.

No offense taken, I am sure Lynn and I could have a good time. I am also sure that you and dtel would enjoy watching us have a good time.[;)]

I don't know if we could do anymore damage that some of the others that have visited Bourbon Street, but heck...we could give our best shot...[:D]

Please let me know if yall plan a New Orleans Klipsch gathering. I return frequently and that would be an excellent reason. How was the show at the Clover Grill? It is usually just as, if not moreso, entertaining as the clubs.

• Moderators

Please let me know if yall plan a New Orleans Klipsch gathering. I return frequently and that would be an excellent reason. How was the show at the Clover Grill? It is usually just as, if not moreso, entertaining as the clubs.

We would really like to have a Klipsch gathering in New Orleans. I think it would be great.

Boom, thanks for asking that question. You are obviously familiar with the place and can vouch for the quality of the food. Most people would be turned off by the appearance of the place. My daughter and my niece convinced us that we really needed to try this place out. It sure beat Shoney's or Denny's.

The show at the Clover Grill was very entertaining. George, who was the waiter, cashier and all around "funny guy", kept the place running like clock work. George was great, even someone that may have objections to the "gay lifestyle" would have found this guy "charming" to say the least.

Dtel's future son in law, who is also a member of this forum was born and raised in this area. That being said he is somewhat biased towards "folks of different strokes". Even he found George to be an all around nice guy and super entertaining.

I wish all waiters/cashiers and restuarant employees had George's attitude. It would make eating out a far more enjoyable experience. Last but not least, the food was great.

Sounds like you had a blast. Every now and then you do have to

cut loose or you will go crazy and getting a little crazy in New

Orleans sounds like just the ticket to continued sanity.

I've been in over 20 coutnries yet I've never mad it to New Orleans, stange huh?

Oh well I'll see if I can get Fini on board and we'll show up one of

these days in our "Wild and Crazy Guys" outfits from Saturday Night

Live and teach the locals how to really boogie down.

So who ran out of dollar bills at the "Gentleman's Club" first, you or Dtel?[:D]