Looking for an Rc-3 center...

ekbriggs

Hi guys i thought i would start here since it is the best of the forums I am currently a memeber of.

I already have a post on audiogon, but I am looking for an additional Rc-3 or Rc-3II in black to use as a rear surround in a reference series 6.1 setup. Any that are contemplating on letting one go to upgrade please let me know.

If for any reason posting a wanted ad on the forums is illegal or frowned upon I appologize and hope that someone will please let me know.

Regards,

Eric

Thanks for the input guys. I saw all of those Rc-35 on ebay last night and they do look quite tempting. Think there is any real sonic difference between it and the Rc-3 that i currently use up front?

Do you think there would be a noticable difference between the two (Rc-3 and Rc-35) if i used both in a dual front center channel configuration off of a separate two channel amp? I am not planning on doing so but have entertained the idea of running two center channels, one above and one below, my screen.

Thanks again for any help you can give.

Regards,

Eric

why would you want two center speakers though.... I mean a center speakers is meant for center and should not be put side by side. This is due to off alignmenr (no speaker is correctly in the center), the fact there is no real dual center channel processor, and it might have anphase cancelation effect.

I have thought about what you said Jay, about some of the adverse effects of dual centers. However, i never wanted to use two centers side by side (where i definately agree with you) but rather one slighty above the listening area and one below it to:

1. Take some strain off my reciever and allow voices to come through as clear and powerful as the front speakers tend to in most digital soundtracks via the use of an additional amp.

2. Try to simultaneously create a better center dispersion by having the voices appear in the center of my screen thanks to the horn tweeters.

This is more experimental than anything as i have searched for the pros and cons of using two center channels placed above and below a screen for a few weeks now with lackluster results. That being said I definately appreciate an comments that might address the issue.

Regards,

Eric