Used CD player advice - Rotel, NAD, ???

wuzzzer

What would be a good option as a step above an older Denon that was an average CD player for its day?

I'm looking to spend $100 tops. Doesn't need a digital output.

I spotted this on A'gon a few days ago. This is a sweet little player. If your budget will allow a bit of a stretch, you can't go wrong here.

Cambridge

Thanks for the suggestions! It just dawned on me that I made $250 selling my subwoofer just before my wife and I went to Florida. I guess I can stretch my CD player budget just a little bit farther than I thought!

The technologies & components have rapidly advanced.

My suggestion would be to buy new. The clocks, DACS, anti-aliasing schemes, etc will pobably be better than on an older one (there are extremes and I am ignoring them).

When I was looking, the midline HK & Dennon looked good for that price. Of course they would also have a warrantee on them.

There are motors and stuff that wear out on CD players and that has been my problem with the older units.

Good luck,

-Tom

I spotted this on A'gon a few days ago. This is a sweet little player. If your budget will allow a bit of a stretch, you can't go wrong here.

Cambridge

Thanks! I just bought it! It will be interesting to compare this to the 15 year old Denon I currently have. The Cambridge seems to have quite a few 5 star recommendations at audioreview.

Plus the seller went a little lower on the price. I think its a super deal!