My wife and I are having a disagreement. We just bought a house

and I'm trying to set up my first HT. Because of space

limitations, she wants to place the center channel just to the side of

the tv. The center channel is a RC-52, and she wants me to stand

it up vertically on the side of the tv. I think this will be

disorienting with the center sounds coming out from the side of the tv

and therefore we need to get a larger tv stand (that will fit the

center channel) or find a way to set put the center channel on top of

the tv (this may be a tough balancing act). Any opinions on this?

Thanks,

Corey

STOP EVERYTHING!!!!

Buy a stand that allows you to set the center speaker on top of the TV. They are sold in fine audio stores everywhere. No balancing act necessary.

Your wife is wrong, you are right. It won't sound right on its side next to the TV.

Edit: When I say "stand" I mean a bracket thingy that attaches to the top of your TV and holds the speaker. I don't know exactly what they're called.

I for one find it almost too distracting with the center channel being anywhere other than behind the screen (Got spoiled by micro-perf front projection screens), I couldn't even imagine how distracting it would be with the center channel being off to the side, it goes against the whole idea of it being the center channel. After all it isn't called an 'off to the left' channel speaker..

Kahuna,

Stop being the voice of reason! [:P] If I

wanted someone to give a concise logical and reasonable answer I would

have gone somewhere else. Instead, I came here so that everybody

can tell me I'm right and I can go to bed with a falsely elevated sense

of superiority![6]

Corey

I'm not married, but I've seen a lot of guys have great success by purchasing their wife something everytime they purchase something for their audio system.

And perhaps remind her that audio is your passion and something that you love to do - but if she wants, see how she feels about you doing other normal guy stuff that takes you outta the house (bars, boating, fishing, car racing, etc etc...) [;)]

Or if you want, tell her some 'engineer dude' from the klipsch forums said it's bad for the drivers to have them mounted on their side. She wouldn't want you to go spending more money an another center channel now would she [;)]

(that statement is load of crap, but I have no problems being quoted outta context - now just don't let her find this thread - that's happened a few times already with other guys, lol)

Kahuna,

Stop being the voice of reason! [:P] If I wanted someone to give a concise logical and reasonable answer I would have gone somewhere else. Instead, I came here so that everybody can tell me I'm right and I can go to bed with a falsely elevated sense of superiority![6]

Corey

You are 100% correct, as usual,So, sleep well!!!!!