I have the RF-7 system with B&k Amp looking to upgrade suggestions?

jayrf-7

I have currently have the RF-7 complete system and a B&K amp pushing the set with a HK AVR 630 recevier. Looking to get some more volume/bass out of the system. Any suggestions (another sub/new center, more power). My B&K is a 200w 7 channel. I would love to stay with Klipsch speakers but not sure what to swap out/or change.

Thanks

Jay

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second the DeanG crossover upgrade on the RF-7's it is a great bang for the buck improvement. The crossover upgrade will allow you to run the speakers louder with alot less break up and hash.

Another RSW-15 will only gain you 3db in overall SPL in the bass frequencies.

If you are still looking for even more than maybe it is time to make the jump to Klipsch Heritage speakers where output can pin you to the wall.

Heritage and RF-7 max out around 120 anechoic, so heritage really won't go louder if that... Cleaner, probably due to better horns.

Try corner loading the speakers and subwoofer if you want to go louder. I found that my rf-83 get a bit boomy buy substancially louder if you placed one in each corner toed in. Give the ports some room to breathe (12 inches) away from the wall/corner. Also put the sub in another corner to make it get louder if you want loudness. Also give it room too

Well.......we know sumpin' ain't right.You may want to check and make sure the speaker wires inside the 7's are all connected.I've owned several bk amps(Rotel prepro)all less than 200 watts per ch and all capable of over 110db steady(permanent hearing damage in a matter of minutes),in a room larger than yours while playin' crystal clear.I seriously doubt your using all 200 watts of the bk,for whatever reason.With 200 watts Rotel 110db is just warming up and although I don't get that loud often or long I have no idea why the 7's don't explode when I do,the roar makes me have a mild panic attack.Do speakers in corners,check all wiring,whats the source?player?give us your max db clean from seating,crank up the CH level setting on the HK maybe?

I thought the same but all componets/speakers are hooked up correct. I had the dealer I bought the components/speakers from hook everything up. I hope its all correct after I dumped 11K all said and done. I just dont seem to be getting as much sound out of the system as I am expected. Maybe I need to start over. Any other line of Klipsch systems that our perform the RF-7 system?

I thought the same but all componets/speakers are hooked up correct. I had the dealer I bought the components/speakers from hook everything up. I hope its all correct after I dumped 11K all said and done. I just dont seem to be getting as much sound out of the system as I am expected. Maybe I need to start over. Any other line of Klipsch systems that our perform the RF-7 system?

Again,somethin' ain't right,no one,no one can tell me the rf7 set driven by 200 real watts,with an rsw15 in less than 500sq ft will not cause structural damage to your house and make you deaf very quickly if even at 3/4 power.Somethin' ain't right.

Here is an exact list of all my equipment.

HK AVR630

B&K av200.7

Monster HTS 5100

Denon 2800

RF-7 Floors

RSW 15 sub

RC-7 Center

RS-7 sorrounds

I will try the re-positioning the floors to the corners and re-position the sub. If that dosent work. I will try another another receiver/speakers.

time marches on...nothing at all wrong with your choice in the RF-7s...or your gear...check this thread out...I bet I was going through something similar...it's all in the set-up...I would also point you to the DeanG crossover upgrade...it is supposed to be a doozie!

Bill

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/742582.aspx