OT: 17 beers a day keep prostate cancer away

All another reason why I to stay in college [:D] I think I did that once.... it was more like 25 beers and 3 pizzas. I guess I should also balance it out with 8 cups of coffee, thats it instead of not doing it I will keep eating or drinking something that will cancel out the effects of the last thing I ate [;)]

Because it's the hops, it probably only take a few good IPAs (India Pale Ales) to achieve the desired effect, being as they have about 10X the hops that a Bud or Coors does (typical US beers).

MMmm, had an IPA home brew at a friend's house a couple nights ago. Nothing like any of the over the counter brewskis!

A friend of mine drank 12 beers a day....his liver turned to mush...He,s dead now. His Krell KBL/KPA preamp is mine now. I have a enlarg,d prostate, Had a 5 pee night. But I,m still here

That's why a couple of IPAs ought to do the trick.

Well.....since I've gone through the prostate cancer thing (just finished the radiation cycle and I'm in remission than you very much!), I'll just say this.........

I know this has all been joked about and that's cool. But I'm here to tell you guys that this is a pretty serious subject. Getting your prostate zapped or having it removed doesn't sound like that big of a deal compared to chemo and other such cancer treatments. And in some ways, it isn't as far as the direct affects on the body. But prostate cancer treatments ALL effect the testosterone level and they all have an effect, to some degree, on the ability to get and keep an erection or the "quality" of that erection. Laugh if you will, but those of you who have been there know what it's like mentally to not being able to get it up or keep it up. Add in performace anxiety and it gets worse. Oh, and did I mention that the lack of testosterone tends to make men behave like women going through menopause or when they're having a REALLY bad period?? The male species instinctively wishes to procreate, to be the hunter, the provider, to be "the man". Lose the ability to perform sex and/or satisfy your mate and what does that reduce you to?? Think about it - it ain't pretty.

I will confess to you guys that I've been through it all. No, my wife & I have been through it all and it's taken a very serious toll on our marriage. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. We're hanging in there - but just by a thread.

If you are 45+, GO GET A PSA TEST DONE TODAY DAMMIT!

Tom

Tom, I don't think anyone was making fun, maybe, having a little fun. Maybe the fun part is a way of addressing a serious condition without dealing with it head on. The condition you speak of has many causes, Heart problems, Diabetsis, High Bloodpressure, and the medications used to treat those conditions, render the same results. More are affected than you think. Please Tom, I don't believe anyone on the thread is trying to make fun, or meant to hurt anyone's feelings, or underplay the serious nature of the condition, just poking aliitle fun at the fact that someone would do such a study in the first place, kinda foolish, isn't it?

The problem, as I see it, once you hit your mid forties, you think your still mid 20's, and ignore the things we should do to protect our selfs. No one wants to know they have a problem, others get sick, not me. Wait till you hit 50, more visits, more tests, but you have to do it. Early Detection is VERY important, and can mean the difference of life and death.

Tom, I wish you the best, and understand perfectly where your coming from,and only hope you aren't offened. I think I speak for all on this thread, no harm was ever meant. Your point about your wife is so true, you go through it together, it's not I, it's WE. You hang in there, our thoughts are with you, and your wife. Your not alone!!!!

Thanks for the thoughts buckster. However, for the record.....no harm, no foul. I was never offended by anything anyone said nor did I think folks were being insensitive or whatever. I too have joked about the issues I've had to deal with over the last 1.5 years. And yes, I found the research about drinking beer to be a bit silly. I guess since I've been through this and have witnessed first hand the "dark side" of the treatment, I felt compelled to disseminate some of that which I've had to deal with.

I'd also like those who might be reading this to know that if they're going through some of this, my ear will always be available should one feel the need to talk. Me? I bottled things up thinking I could deal with my demons instead of openly talking about how I was feeling. All that did was to serve to make me a total d*ckhead on many occasions. And I don't mind saying that the depression got so bad that I actually contemplated hurting myself (nice way of not using the suicide word). Fortunately, I'm much better, but like I said, the damage to my marriage is pretty severe - as in she's moved out. The bright spot is that we still see each other and talk. And we've begun the healing process, but we've got a ways to go.

Anyhow.....enough of my woes. Today is today, it's beautiful outside, and I'm alive. [:)]

Tom

Tom

God bless and good luck, glad things have turned around, given my family history I have taken your advice to heart. Oldbuckster was correct no harm meant, didn't mean to be glib. Your right its is sunny outside today and I am going to enjoy it myself.

Cheers