HELP! My Cornwall's K34 Woofer's Paper Cone is inverted

suntzu

Hello all.

Well its been several years since I last posted here. The truth is, I've been enjoying my Cornwalls the last 5 years so much I haven't had time to post here. These are truly astounding speakers. They are so much a part of my family's life now I would never part with them.

Thus it is with a tinge of desperation that I now approach other kind-hearted Cornwall or Heritage Klipsch speaker owners now.

What happened is my baby daughter loves to muck around my listening room. One day, she just pushed my K34 Woofer's centre paper cone so hard it inverted. Its still inverted. While I can't really hear any discernible difference, it just really bugs me to see it.

My Cornwalls are really precious to me. So before I muck around and cause irreparable damage to my woofer cone, can anyone suggest a better method to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Hello all.

Well its been several years since I last posted here. The truth is, I've been enjoying my Cornwalls the last 5 years so much I haven't had time to post here. These are truly astounding speakers. They are so much a part of my family's life now I would never part with them.

Thus it is with a tinge of desperation that I now approach other kind-hearted Cornwall or Heritage Klipsch speaker owners now.

What happened is my baby daughter loves to much around my listening room. One day, she just pushed my K34 Woofer's centre paper cone so hard it inverted. Its still inverted. While I can't really hear any discernible difference, it just really bugs me to see it.

My Cornwalls are really precious to me. So before I muck around and cause irreparable damage to my woofer cone, can anyone suggest a better method to solve this problem?

Thank you.

is it just the dust caps in the middle that are inverted?

The "centre paper cone" is simply a dust cover - no harm done - it does not affect the functioning of the speaker. You can simply leave it alone, or you can try to pull it out.

Some people have had success with using (gently and carefully) the hose of a vacuum cleaner, others have used a spot of super glue on the end of a tooth pick to attempt to pull it out, some recommend poking a small hole with a needle and hooking a portion of a straightened paper clip in back of the indentation and pulling it out that way.

I'd probably leave it alone and make sure the grills are in place until she can afford her own Cornwalls.

James

The "centre paper cone" is simply a dust cover - no harm done - it does not affect the functioning of the speaker. You can simply leave it alone, or you can try to pull it out.

Some people have had success with using (gently and carefully) the hose of a vacuum cleaner, others have used a spot of super glue on the end of a tooth pick to attempt to pull it out, some recommend poking a small hole with a needle and hooking a portion of a straightened paper clip in back of the indentation and pulling it out that way.

I'd probably leave it alone and make sure the grills are in place until she can afford her own Cornwalls.

James

its the "centre paper cone" that is inverted. Well now I realise they're actually dust caps.

Thank you very much for the suggestions James, I appreciate them. I will try them out. I'm glad to learn the inversion has no effect on the speaker, thats a relief. It'll be a while before she can afford her own Cornwalls :-) But I'm just glad I can give her a great listening experience as she's growing up.

Another method is take some sticky tape, press in onto the dust cap just enough to get it to stick, and then pull gentle on the tape piece pulling the dust cap back out. Sometimes you may have to do it more than once to get it all out. I've done this for friend's speakers with kids and had it work very well.

Another method is take some sticky tape, press in onto the dust cap just enough to get it to stick, and then pull gentle on the tape piece pulling the dust cap back out. Sometimes you may have to do it more than once to get it all out. I've done this for friend's speakers with kids and had it work very well.

Thank you soundbound. I might just try that first. It sounds like a less intimidating method than the vacuum suction method. I just seem to prefer my Cornwalls without the grills on, it sounds clearer to me.

Another method is take

some sticky tape, press in onto the dust cap just enough to get it to

stick, and then pull gentle on the tape piece pulling the dust cap back

out. Sometimes you may have to do it more than once to get it all out.

I've done this for friend's speakers with kids and had it work

very well.

Thank you soundbound. I might just

try that first. It sounds like a less intimidating method than the

vacuum suction method. I just seem to prefer my Cornwalls without the

grills on, it sounds clearer to me.

I agree with trying the tape method first. Let us know how you make out.

Larry

James

its the "centre paper cone" that is inverted. Well now I realise they're actually dust caps.

Thank you very much for the suggestions James, I appreciate them. I will try them out. I'm glad to learn the inversion has no effect on the speaker, thats a relief. It'll be a while before she can afford her own Cornwalls :-) But I'm just glad I can give her a great listening experience as she's growing up.

see the thread about the k-22 dust caps currently active