Special Report #2! Congratulations Dtel!

Reporting for dtel & wife, they are alive and well - in a great state of shock. Aunt C (Christy) was seriously excited when she called last night, her and uncle E (Elden) were sooooo thankful and thrilled to no end.

Here at the dtel ranch, we cannot wait for the new speakers either!!!!!

• Moderators

Hey Eldon, congrats and all- but I'm afraid that the gang is keeping the sad truth from you. Those CWIII's will be a terrible timbre match to your all-forte setup. So you might as well pass them on up here to the Cornwall King (that would be your's truly) [;)]

But seriously- how is it that these door prizes always go to the most loyal and humble Forum members who are true lovers of the classic Klipsch sound. I mean, Picky, then Daddy Dee, now Dtels- once again the words come so easily- couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks. You winners are in very good company.

So do you have the finish of choice picked out yet? Figured out where these will integrate into your system? (ahem- allow me to give a hint- MAINS!)

Wish I could have been there, not just to see the look on your faces, but to meet you both- and all your kin- your group must have held a record for largest contingency ever at a Klipsch gathering. AH- that's how they did it- they stuffed the ballot box!

Michael

Actually Michael, dtel and I were the only two from the "dtel gang" that made it to Hope.

However, I don't know that we can say the same about next year!

We are in Little Rock tonight and will be back in Hope tomorrow to check on our new Cornwall III's.[H]

Hello to all...hope you enjoyed your gathering!

This is Dtel's middle daughter. I have been told all of my life that I am "just like my daddy"...so I really couldn't imagine choosing any other name. I also can't imagine two better people to recieve these speakers! AND I'M NOT JUST SAYING THAT BECAUSE THEY ARE MY PARENTS! **My parents have always worked hard to provide for us and take care of us as well as making sure we had anything and everything we needed. It really is amazing to finally see something come back to them! I CERTAINLY DIDN'T EXPECT IT TO BE THIS...but none the less I am happy for them.

Dad: Love you lots! Congratulations!! Happy Father's Day!!

Love, Hugs, and Kisses!
Zack, Jen, Allie, and Rylee

• Moderators

Couldn't have happened to nicer families...the dtel's and the daddy dee's.... So glad to hear, and I'm so glad we were able to make it happen!

All of you guys really do mean a lot to this company, and I hope we were able to show it.

Just got back from Hope...

Heard a little story in Hope...

A family had a set of Klipsch speakers set up for surround sound. A family member of theirs went thru some hard times. Being the generous type, this family gave the members of their family their own speakers, wanting them to have something to enjoy in the midst of their hard times. This must have been a difficult thing. My wife asked me if I would give my speakers to her sister in a hard time.

Wow, I thought about it... I would hope I could, but I probably would have given them money instead, as everyone here can understand the unnatural and unreasonable emotional attachment that we all get in regards to all things Klipsch.... That's another issure that phychologists all over would love to do a study on....

Anyway, this special family gave to someone in need, leaving themselves without.

Several years have passed in this here tale, and one late night, in the very hot and humid woods of Arkansas, a bunch of goofy audio nuts were gathered up under a tent. A drawing was announced. I thought cool, maybe I could win a hat. (SINCE THERE IS NO GIFT SHOP IN HOPE) HINT, HINT, HINT....

The first gift was a pair of current speakers to Daddy Dee. WOW, now that's a drawing. Congrats to him by the way...

Another drawin comes up, I think, now here comes the hat and t shirt. NOPE IN HOPE.... THEY GAVE AWAY CORNWALLS!!!!! A big twinge of jeolosy rushed thru the tent. I know I thought, man I wish I could have won those suckers.

I went to congradulate the teary eyed winner, where I heard of a tale of selfless generocity many years ago...

You know, I figure God, sittin up in heaven, has him a big ole checklist, and somewhere on that list is a story of five speakers goin to someone who really needed them. I bet He made a note of that.

Last night, He must of finished fillin out his list, and put another check in the column under: Good Deeds Not Unnoticed.

Right about that time, I decided that I would not have been happier if I had won them myself. That give of generocity so long ago was finally repaid, not only repaid, but upgraded!!!!

I'm so happy for you guys, and I hope that every time you listen to those big boys, you remember in your heart that What Comes Around Goes Around, and that ain't only for bad stuff either...

Congrats,

Paul.

Wish I could have been there, not just to see the look on your faces, but to meet you both- and all your kin- your group must have held a record for largest contingency ever at a Klipsch gathering.

Michael

That distinction may have gone to us, Michael. There were four fabulous (one furry) finis at the forray this year![;)]