THANKS, KLIPSCH, et all!

I can't go any further before I take the time to thank Klipsch Audio for putting together one of the most exciting weekends Verna and I have had in a long time. I'm certain I speak for all of the other pilgrims when I say that Trey Cannon is a gem! With Trey, Steve Phillips, Jim Hunter, Mark Kaufman and the rest of the Klipsch team setting everything up for us, this was one, smooth operation. I can't say enough great things about the folks who work at the plant, either. If it weren't for them and the care and skill they use to put the products together that we all love, there would have been no point to our being here this week.

Thank you for taking the time to do this for us. I know many of the Klipsch folks had to take time to come down from Indianapolis just to be here with us. Thanks for setting up and leading us through the tours of the listening room, lab, plant manufacturing floor and the Klipsch Museum of Audio History. Some of us were even lucky enough to spend some time in Paul Klipsch's last office along with Jim Hunter, who passionatly filled-in all of the blanks for us. Saying that Jim knew Paul well, would be putting it lightly.

Thank you for arranging the Farmhouse and tent for us. It turned out to be the perfect place for all of the activities we did there. Thank you for all of the food and soft drinks and finally, thank you to the bands who came a performed for us. The Klipsch PA system was awesome! Thank you for your more than generous prize drawings that Daddy Dee and dtel were so fortunate to win! This weekend was definitely one of the highpoints of our year.

Again: Thank you Klipsch! And thank you fellow forum members. Seeing some old friends and making many new ones; who could ask for more fun? Thanks to all of you who brought gear down for us all to listen to. Verna is so glad she came with me this year, and I was so glad to bring her and show her off to you all. You are all such a wonderful group of people. We're already looking forward to next year! We shall miss you all dearly! Have a safe trip home!

-Glenn & Verna Mosby

I second the above again...... It is still amazing to me that a company would go to such extremes to put on a weekend for us. Trey said many times, that Klipsch is a family run business, & we are all thought of as family. And this weekend, we were treated like family in the southern way.....

I can't go any further before I take the time to thank Klipsch Audio for putting together one of the most exciting weekends Verna and I have had in a long time. I'm certain I speak for all of the other pilgrims when I say that Trey Cannon is a gem! With Trey, Steve Phillips, Jim Hunter and the rest of the Klipsch team setting everything up for us, this was one, smooth operation. I can't say enough great things about the folks who work at the plant, either. If it weren't for them and the care and skill they use to put the products together that we all love, there would have been no point to our being here this week.

A-friggan-men! Think about this. They pretty much put up a complete concert venue in a day or two, and it sounded better than many actual concert venues that I've been! Kudo's to Mike (Dr. Who) for doing a suberb job of running the mixing/patch board. And I have to extend a thank you to you, Picky, for setting up that awesome Hi-Def camera and getting a video of tonights performances. I am looking forward to seeing it! I also have to second the thanks to the folks who work at the plant as well. I want to be clear that I very much appreciate what they do and producing a beautiful product that I am proud to own for many years to show off as the fine pieces of furniture that they are. As I've said before in other threads, they do take very much pride in thier work and are meticulus in making sure it is a quality product. It was funny to see verious employees of the plant looking behind SeaDog's Cornwall I's just to see who signed them. I guess if you are going to affix your name on a piece of equipment, you'd hope that equipment is top-notch.

Thank you for taking the time to do this for us. I know many of the Klipsch folks had to take time to come down from Indianapolis just to be here with us. Thanks for setting up and leading us through the tours of the listening room, lab, plant manufacturing floor and the Klipsch Museum of Audio History. Some of us were even lucky enough to spend some time in Paul Klipsch's last office along with Jim Hunter, who passionatly filled-in all of the blanks for us. Saying that Jim knew Paul well, would be putting it lightly.

Thank you for arranging the Farmhouse and tent for us. It turned out to be the perfect place for all of the activities we did there. Thank you for all of the food and soft drinks and finally, thank you to the bands who came a performed for us. The Klipsch PA system was awesome! Thank you for your more than generous prize drawings that Daddy Dee and dtel were so fortunate to win! This weekend was definitely one of the highpoints of our year.

Again: Thank you Klipsch! And thank you fellow forum members. Seeing some old friends and making many new ones; who could ask for more fun? Thanks to all of you who brought gear down for us all to listen to. Verna is so glad she came with me this year, and I was so glad to bring her and show her off to you all. You are all such a wonderful group of people. We're already looking forward to next year! We shall miss you all dearly! Have a safe trip home!

-Glenn & Verna Mosby

I cannot really add to this here. The museum was very fascinating and I do have to thank Jim for sharing that with us. It is obvious this is something he is proud of.

And yes, the bands where excellent! This is one of the reason why I have mostly been listening to the bands I like to listen to. It is just something to see a band up there playing the music for the love of the craft instead of the love of the money. These guys where up there cranking out the tunes and they where enjoying playing it as much as I was enjoying listening to them! The bands, in order where Pale, which had a very southern rock sound to them. Next up was Dave, who put on a wonderful acoustic set, followed by Hazy Jane, which played some straight up hard rock! That says a lot for this old metalhead to be sitting out there and enjoying it.

An awesome time and I was glad to be a part of it! Many, many thanks to all the folks involved in making this happen!

'et-all'? - yeah I bet you guys 'et' eveything in sight down there. Hope you all enjoyed the southern hospitality- wouldn't that be a fun little town to grow up in?

And it looks like we're gonna have to put friggin and fricken on the spell-checker for semi-naughtiness- Doc's got everyone saying them these days LOL

M

Thanks for the props, guys. The pleasure was all mine. Video is what I do for fun!

To answer Ron's question about distributing any DVDs: Trey and I have an agreement that I would do all of the editing and post production mastering work at the post-production studio in my home. I am still traveling, so I will not be back there until this Saturday the 24th of June. Editing is going to take a good amount of time, possibly a month or more. Additionally, Trey has recorded a partial, digital soundtrack of last night's concert in 5.1. The trouble is: The program kept crashing. So, once Trey returns to Indy, he must review the recording and see if there is anything salvagable on the disk. If there is, he'll place it on an external hard drive and either bring it to me when he comes to our BBQ in August, or he will ship it to me. I, in turn, will lift the tracks off the hard drive and blend them into the video. I will cut a standard definition version (burned onto a master DVD) and a high definition version written to miniDV and hopefully to D-VHS Hi-Def tape. At that point, I will ship the DVD to Trey. He and Klipsch will decide how the DVD distribution shall be handled. I will be showing a "rough-cut" premiere of the video in High Definition in my theater at our Klipsch BBQ on August 26th. Everyone who wishes to come is invited to attend. I hope that answers any questions.

I too, would like to extend my thanks to the above. The trip, the people the activities... we had a VERY good time and very glad I went.

for those that might (not) care, Mike (Mikebse2a3) and I left Hope at about 5:30. I got home at about 6:00 eastern time (literally 1 hour ago). On way home, wife informs me we're having dinner party tonight for Father in law ANDDDDDDDDDD I get to help make dinner.

so, I get home, unpack my car and immediately start some of the dinner items and as I sit here TRYING to type this out, she's hunting me down like a bloodhound trying to find out to where, I disappeared....

sigh...

For those who weren't able to attend I would encourage you to make all efforts to do so in any future events and especially if they are held at HOPE! I had questions answered that I had wondered about for close to 20 years by Jim Hunter and the Insight that Roy shared with me was far more than I ever expected to have the time to discuss. To get to know Trey Cannon and Steve Phillips was also proof of the quality and dedication to the Heritage Line, Workers Of Hope and Klipsch's extended Family(meaning us). Another HIGHLIGHT for me was meeting several Employes of the Klipsch Factory(HOPE) who many had from 25 to 33 YEARS with Klipsch. The First Thing you will notice about the People In Hope and People from Klipsch Headquarters is THEIR GENUINE GOOD NATURE and FRIENDLINESS and I definitly walked away from this event feeling very much a part of their Extended FAMILY as they often said we were! I can tell you all the PEOPLE Of Klipsch have the HERITAGE LINE and the HOPE FACTORY held close to their HEART and are making efforts beyond most people's Ideas to make the HERITAGE LINE a success and thus to HELP the HOPE FACTORY to GROW ONCE AGAIN.

What Klipsch and Everone Involved Has Done goes beyond any Thank You I could express and will be a Wonderfull Memory That I Will Always Have!

I also want to thank my Girlfriend and my Daughter for encouraging me to go to Hope for the 60th Khorn Anniversary Pilgrimage and Richard for asking me if I would like to go.

And a special thanks for everyone who had the special Name Tags made for us!

Thank You

Mike Beasley[:)]

post-14473-13819300841074_thumb.jpg

I would like to add my thanks as well to Klipsch. Again,as in past pilgramiges, I had a wonderfull time.

I love meeting and talking with you forum members. I think I talked to everyone, but I probably missed a few of you. You are all such wonderfull people and I do so much enjoy being your friend.

This was the fist year I brought my son Al, he also had a great time. He is a mechanical head like his father and really enjoyed seeing how the speakers are made. He will be a future pilgrim in the years to come too. He aso made a comment how great it would be to work a a company like Klipsch, so maybe he will be the next Dr Who![:)]

Next year, lets do this in Indy. Hope is way to long of a drive...... But it was worth the drive.[:D]

The tours, fellowship and food were all excellent.

Thanks again.

JM

I could handle another drive to Hope as long as we have that great southern cooking and live music to look forward to again. I'll bring more beer for sure next time, getting ready to fire up the homebrew kit again...

{Edit: the one thing missing (at least as far as my own days in the south) would be some hand-cranked homade ice cream. I'll bring the bucket next year }

Now that I am home and a little better rested here is my take, there is no way we can adequately thank the Klipsch folks enough. When you look at the splendid effort they put forth especially Trey (He worked is ascii off) you are kind of in awe that a company would go to such lengths for a bunch of 40+ year old pseudo geeks like us. This event was more along the lines of a great big family reunion except you had not met most of family members in person. The food was incredible, the hospitality was unbelievableLOL I have never had more people politely call me sir without asking to see my drivers license or ID! That good old Southern hospitality is sure something to experience. I considerer myself very fortunate to have experienced it. For me the one of the biggest hits of the weekend was Jim Hunters insight and stories about Paul Klipsch. It soon became obvious why Jim holds PWK in such high regard. I could have listened to those stories all weekend. The live entertainment was a blast. If I ever had any doubt as to why I love the sound of the Klipschorn so much it was completely reaffirmed this weekend. The new Ks are simply magnificent and hearing Me Loves Khorns set also just reaffirmed why this speaker system is so revered. I totally enjoyed hearing the DIY work done by Bob C and JW Cullison. The equipment that a number of folks brought in was a real treat as well. I got to meet some really fantastic people. Listened to some great music, saw the Klipsch factory in operation and Oh My Goodness those 60th anniversary Ks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great to meet Daddy Dee, Indyklipschfan, the fini clan. Double J, J Malotky, Picky and his wife Verna, Triceratops, Kaiser SET Say, SETI, SeaDog, Coytee, BEC and his son Michael, JWCullison, Dr WHO, the dtels, damonrpayne, skonopa, customsteve and his wife Caroline, and man I know I am leaving out about half the people I met and I surely dont mean too but I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all you were all very gracious and friendly. Wow what a weekend. To those who could not make you missed one for the ages, and those who did know what I am talking about these events really are a blast. Anyway thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who attended and those who went so far the extra mile to put this on.

What an incredible weekend! THANK YOU Klipsch for pulling out all the stops to make the 60th anniversary celebration a very special experience for each of us.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

A special thanks to Trey for his tireless work in making the weekend a success. The Forum members owe a great deal of gratitude to Trey.

As others have mentioned, meeting and mixing with the wonderful plant employees was truly inspiring. I have never seen employees anywhere with more pride in the products that they manufacture. The legacy that "Mr. Paul" left is alive and well in these folks.

As Steve mentioned above, the pride in their work was so apparent. I saw no less than eight (and probably more) employees and family members look behind my birch Cornwalls to see who had signed the labels and stamped initials into the back.

Steve, Jim, and Mark - thank you spending your weekend with us guiding tours and answering all of our questions, and just hanging out with us on Saturday night.

And another special thanks from me to Trey for dissecting and analyzing my Cornwalls in the anechoic chamber. Watching Trey perform his technical wizardry running those curves was one of the highlights of the trip for me (I will start a new thread to discuss this when he e-mails the curves to me). Without going into detail, the results validated the slight changes made to the Cornwall III cabinet.

Thanks again. It was really great for Klipsch provide this opportunity for us to meet up with old and new forum friends, tour the factory, labs and museum, mix with the Klipsch family, and listen to some fantastic entertainment while feasting on some great food!

Well done!

- David -