What did you think of the live music?

It wasn't quite as entertaining as the Jazz Poetry lady, but....

I liked the first bad, acoustic guy was entertaining and had some good songs. Neither was anything I'd necessarily go out and buy but I do like live music. The 3rd bad, eh, I heard someone say "A little too garage band sounding" and I'll let them take credit for their words but the 3rd band didn't do anything for me. I'd pick the 1st band as my favorite of the night. Opinions?

Pail seemed pale. Charismatic front-man, but pretty derivative stuff.

Worthless Dave did a good set. A little too much Old Charter, perhaps. "I used to work at Klipsch for a short time, but I had a problem with showing up." He had a story to tell in his songs, and it wasn't the happiest. Reminded me of Billy Joe Shaver twenty (no, make that thirty) years ago.

The third group rattled my faith in what I thought I had heard in the Heresy III's, LaScala II's and Cornwall III's. Noise is not a good reference point, sorry guys. I know, my bias is showing.

But I loved 'em all for coming out and playing for us, but maybe I should have brought more beer and a flask.

Fer $5 I figured you could not go wrong with the Pail CD so I got one. It is intertaining. I thought Hazy Jane was a little less so. And yeah the acoustic guy was pretty entertaning. I really appreciated Trey putting all that together. The man clearly outdid himslef.

It wasn't quite as entertaining as the Jazz Poetry lady, but....

I liked the first bad, acoustic guy was entertaining and had some good songs. Neither was anything I'd necessarily go out and buy but I do like live music. The 3rd bad, eh, I heard someone say "A little too garage band sounding" and I'll let them take credit for their words but the 3rd band didn't do anything for me. I'd pick the 1st band as my favorite of the night. Opinions?

I pretty much felt the same way.

(and to think I spent 30 minutes on this post, lol)

Worthless Dave Almond was great. Guys like that always blow me away. The Charter was for real (he gave me a pull).

Pail was alright. The whole scene induced flashbacks to my high school days in deep woods East Texas. In fact, the last night at the Farmhouse gave me an overwhelming feeling of deja vu.

I won't comment on Hazy Jane other than to say that they are fronted by one amazing engineer.

Of the three, I considered Pale to be the most polished and tightest group. There is room for some tiny improvement, but I think they've got the right idea. I expect they will make it to the big show, soon.

Worthless Dave was a nice diversion. I enjoyed the majority of his songs, but I didn't feel it was the proper place to drop the "F-Bomb" ("People tell me I can't sing worth a f---.") Message to Dave: "It was a family show. There were kids there, jackarse!" Not funny. His guitar "solo", I guess you'd call it, wasn't very inspiring as he is apparently unaware of how to silence discordant strings while strumming. The result was: "He can't play worth a (please see above reference to his singing), either". Perhaps, it was just the liter of booze he said he drank before hitting the stage? I dunno.

Hazy Jane. I usually expect the last act to be the best, but I am afraid the weak vocals gave it away that Pale was the clear winner. I enjoyed Lazy Jane's enthusiasm and their bass player is very good. Some of the lead guitar work was good, too. But, they need some work. Sorry guys.

Collectively, I wish to thank all three groups for taking their own time out to come play for us. They made our Saturday night a real success and we could not have had such a good time without them.

Trey and Mike (Dr. Who) did an outstanding job at the board. The PA was one of the most impressive setups I have heard, especially considering the LCR cabinet sizes aren't very large. The subs rocked! The lighting seems to fit the bill too. Thanks for everything, guys.

I've been listening to the PAIL CD it is well recorded and it grows on you more than I thought it would. IMO there are a couple songs that would/should sell. If people like Hootie and the Blowfish and/or the Wallflowers these guys should fit in with a bit more of a southern twist.

Ok you guys, whinning about the bands, shame on you!!

First off, Pail was the headliner.. Just had to go first, one of the guys had some prior commitments.. Bought the cd.. Yes I LOVE it. I have a feeeling if they had started at the 3rd slot with lights now in the dark.. Most... might have felt better.. (They were, by far, the superior band.) They just got a record deal with a division of Atlantic.. 3-4 months we might hear some tunes, maybe. Some songs like outlaw love song, splitting image, emily, all good songs... The story of the LA one was humorus as well. These guys started together, as I understand it, from skater punk/rock n roll music and grew into who they are now. I talked for some time to Trey Johnson afterwards.. (Lead singer songwriter) He was very real, not full of himself.. and I think could do very well if this all hits with a good head on his shoulders...

There is always the music and the business.. Pretty scary entities today.

Dave was a classic storyteller.. I know many people like him, you just gotta take them as they are, as the "real deal" package though. I bought the cd.. Gotta love a guy that sais I decided to "bootleg myself" if you like what you hear! I guess all the best ones are on there so help me out will ya...? My pretty wife is over there.. (And she was too.. both pretty, a nice person, and there...) You either grew up liking this type of music or you do not. My guess is, most have no prior access to it. The language issues maybe... yes, a little.. Trust me, some of your kids have heard/ said worse.. LOL

Hazy Jane.. Take a Klipsch engineer, employee, and his friends.. as a "house band" to rock n roll in front of your fellow friends and employees as well. Ok, so not as "polished" as Pail.. but still listenable too. What they did have was heart, and a dream to do well for us.. and some songs really were good. Some not as. who cares you go up there and do it... What do you expect, again, doing others tunes with a 3 piece band as well..

The PA sound. OK, it was larger than life, wow, amazing, great, etc., etc., in the tent. Good Job Dr Who and Trey. Trey Cannon should of, (IN MY OPINION ) closed down everyone inside listening to speakers. Sat night was supposed to be a celebration for employees and forum fans to enjoy eachother, celebrate some, eat, drink, and relax.. I was a bit ashamed some of you spent too much time inside or passed..

What the heck do I know? I am just a past lead singer from bands in HS and College that has gotten older, married, 2 kids...etc etc. I still love to sing, so I do Karaoke mostly at home now.. My Karaoke "silent orchestra" is a CDG now, with basically every song I grew up with or liked and I sing along with it. Some songs are exact replicas of the originals with background vocals as well.. Some not so good, recorded wise.. Some I sound pretty good on.. others.. what the heck, they are still fun too!!! You can't take yourself too seriously as a karaoke singer, trust me.

I would of given anything just to sing through that system saturday night, trust me. I am sure some of my songs would of been received ok, some, maybe not. I am also sure that said, I am still not as good as a band... But maybe with the negative comments, I am glad I did not. To please your friends and fellow empolyees is tough. And they should be your biggest fans.. just case they are..Your friends..

• Moderators

Thanks Indy I thought they were just fine. I really didn't listen to the words of the Dave, I was kind of talking to someone or two ?

I did like Pail the best though, but all were good, there is just something about live music, not always perfect but real. Just to watch the people perform and have fun at the same time is better than a perfect studio mix to me.

Indy, it was really nice to meet you and i am sorry i didn't talk more with you . To tell the truth there was a lot of people i did not even meet, I am sorry i did not take more time to do that. It was kind of like there was so much going on and so much equipment i have never seen or heard before.

There was no one there that we had ever seen in person !

So that is alot of people to meet in a short time, some i felt i knew just from reading their post and seeing there photo.

Every one i did talk with was very nice, if you step back and look at that group of people it's a strange mix .

When i say strange mix , jobs, where they live, music they like, other hobbies, but they all love Klipsch that was really clear.

Just so many people to get to know in a short time, but there is always next year !

I was thinking this will be a nice trip, take a break ,rest meet some people, was i wrong i came home and felt like i never slept the whole trip.

Having my name picked by Treys daughter for the Cornwall lll's did not help with the sleeping part.

I did not know they were even going to pick names for anything, and then they pick my name, i heard what Trey said but i could not belive it. I had no idea they were going to do anything like that, and on that scale it was a shock.

I sat in the hotel room that night thinking did that really just happen ! I can't belive it. I did not get to sleep till after 3 and got up the next day saying the same thing, It's still hard to belive !

Thank to Klipsch for a very good time and to all the people we got to meet. Thanks

"

Ok you guys, whinning about the bands, shame on you!!

First off, Pail was the headliner.. Just had to go first, one of the guys had some prior commitments.. Bought the cd.. Yes I LOVE it. I have a feeeling if they had started at the 3rd slot with lights now in the dark.. Most... might have felt better.. (They were, by far, the superior band.) They just got a record deal with a division of Atlantic.. 3-4 months we might hear some tunes, maybe. Some songs like outlaw love song, splitting image, emily, all good songs... The story of the LA one was humorus as well. These guys started together, as I understand it, from skater punk/rock n roll music and grew into who they are now. I talked for some time to Trey Johnson afterwards.. (Lead singer songwriter) He was very real, not full of himself.. and I think could do very well if this all hits with a good head on his shoulders...

There is always the music and the business.. Pretty scary entities today.

Dave was a classic storyteller.. I know many people like him, you just gotta take them as they are, as the "real deal" package though. I bought the cd.. Gotta love a guy that sais I decided to "bootleg myself" if you like what you hear! I guess all the best ones are on there so help me out will ya...? My pretty wife is over there.. (And she was too.. both pretty, a nice person, and there...) You either grew up liking this type of music or you do not. My guess is, most have no prior access to it. The language issues maybe... yes, a little.. Trust me, some of your kids have heard/ said worse.. LOL

Hazy Jane.. Take a Klipsch engineer, employee, and his friends.. as a "house band" to rock n roll in front of your fellow friends and employees as well. Ok, so not as "polished" as Pail.. but still listenable too. What they did have was heart, and a dream to do well for us.. and some songs really were good. Some not as. who cares you go up there and do it... What do you expect, again, doing others tunes with a 3 piece band as well..

The PA sound. OK, it was larger than life, wow, amazing, great, etc., etc., in the tent. Good Job Dr Who and Trey. Trey Cannon should of, (IN MY OPINION ) closed down everyone inside listening to speakers. Sat night was supposed to be a celebration for employees and forum fans to enjoy eachother, celebrate some, eat, drink, and relax.. I was a bit ashamed some of you spent too much time inside or passed..

What the heck do I know? I am just a past lead singer from bands in HS and College that has gotten older, married, 2 kids...etc etc. I still love to sing, so I do Karaoke mostly at home now.. My Karaoke "silent orchestra" is a CDG now, with basically every song I grew up with or liked and I sing along with it. Some songs are exact replicas of the originals with background vocals as well.. Some not so good, recorded wise.. Some I sound pretty good on.. others.. what the heck, they are still fun too!!! You can't take yourself too seriously as a karaoke singer, trust me.

I would of given anything just to sing through that system saturday night, trust me. I am sure some of my songs would of been received ok, some, maybe not. I am also sure that said, I am still not as good as a band... But maybe with the negative comments, I am glad I did not. To please your friends and fellow empolyees is tough. And they should be your biggest fans.. just case they are..Your friends.."

Well said!!!!!!!!!!