First Live Concert

Bob Seger was the first big name band I saw.There was a time when Bob had a great gig and a really good band.I recall very little now but remember the sax player was right in front of me and the guy changed my opinion of a saxamophone in a rock band.After that it was one every few weeks from Aerosmith to ZZ Top until about 78-9 then I cut back to a few a year.

Since someone mentioned the best show ever,I saw the "British are Coming" "Arms Concert"in Dallas,Beck/Clapton/Cocker/Page/Winwood/Watts/Wyman/Andy"fairweather'Lowe/Ronni Lane/drummer from the Who/that crazy old cat that plays all kinds of percussions and several others.For sure a once in a lifetime show,I still have my T-Shirt.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Jones (from Who and others) and Ray Cooper (percussion dude)?. That must have been an awesome show. The Jimmy Page section from that was fabulous! I have it on VHS here somewhere!

M

Had a chance to get both ARM's tapes 1+2, I didn't get them, thought about it, went back the next day to get them, gone, have never seen them again. Wanted the Jeff Beck tape, that slippery devil doesn't like to be filmed, not much Jeff Beck available.................

Kenny Jones (from Who and others) and Ray Cooper (percussion dude)?. That must have been an awesome show. The Jimmy Page section from that was fabulous! I have it on VHS here somewhere!

M

Thanks Michael,I couldn't think of those two names off the top of my head for some reason.You're right the dude's name was Ray Cooper on percussion.He's been guest with countless bands(as I'm sure you know)and he stole the show for a little while,he's a wild man.

M

Had a chance to get both ARM's tapes 1+2, I didn't get them, thought about it, went back the next day to get them, gone, have never seen them again. Wanted the Jeff Beck tape, that slippery devil doesn't like to be filmed, not much Jeff Beck available.................

You're right about Beck,he's never suffered over-exposure.He did do a great set,even sang a number,it's no wonder he don't sing much although it was fun.

M

You're right about Beck,he's never suffered over-exposure.He did do a great set,even sang a number,it's no wonder he don't sing much although it was fun.

Black Cat Moan off the Beck, Bogart, and Appice album. Jeff did lead vocal,awful, just let the guitar sing Jeff..........

It's good to see that I'm not the last living YES fan. I was disappointed to miss the 35th Anniversary Tour; but, have the DVD. My older brother got me hooked on Yes--we listened to Close to the Edge on his new 8-Track player. Definately in my Top Four of all time--along with Queen, Pink Floyd, (1970's) REO.

• Moderators

Chicago (first time they performed "25 or 6 to 4" live) at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin, sittin' on a grassy hill with good friends and some cold ones, great concert, great night!

My first live concert was Chicago also, at the Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans. Great concert!

• Klipsch Employees

OK, fell free to poke fun at the redneck.....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My first was Tanya Tucker opening for Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn in Barton coliseum in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Little Rock, Ar with my dad. 1977 or so

OK, fell free to poke fun at the redneck.....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My first was Tanya Tucker opening for Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn in Barton coliseum in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Little Rock, Ar with my dad. 1977 or so

That was before rednecks...........that was Country..........for real.................

I saw YES in 1978; they had a circular, rotating stage. I have tickets to see Roger Waters performing Dark Side of the Moon this fall.

Who have you seen the most? For me: The Guess Who...three times and REO Speedwagon...three times.

Saw the Grateful Dead about 250 times.