PETITION FOR ANNUAL HOPE PILGRIMIGE STARTED!

It was mentioned while in Hope that there would probably not be an annual get together in Hope.[:(]

I therefore propose that we start a petition for the following:[;)]

Heretofore I formally propose the following:

We shall be gathered together under the large tent in an annual fashion. This coming together shall consist of the audible auditioning of numerous listening devices of the finest type. All new listening devices being developed within factory walls shall be made available for audible consumption. Gastric needs shall also be addressed during the before mentioned event. Participants shall be expected to bring numerous personal listening devices to the event for a shared audible participation experience. [*-)]

This event shall take place on an annual basis.

Translation ( forgive me, I'm married to an attorney):[;)]

We gotta get together in Hope every year for listening to big ole speakers with tube amps turned up way loud. We will eat a load of fish and BBQ. We wanna see the factory and talk to them smart types that make the cool stuff. We also wanna hear the Jubs again.[8]

So, everyone, respond to this, maybe them folks in Indy and Hope will see how interested we are in doing this again,

Paul.[:D]

While I'd certainly love to go to Hope next year, it just doesn't make as much sense for me from a logistical point of view. Indy is much easier to get in and out of coming from the West coast.

I am really sorry that I had to miss the Pilgrimage this year. I wanted to see some of my old friends. Father's day and my knee surgery took priority this year. Sounds like you all had fun though.

Keep in mind this is OMHO and I certainly respect everyone elses. That being said I'll try to make it wherever it may be. Hey, what about having it in OC, California near the distribution center? [;)]

• Moderators

You can put my name on the petition.

Unfortunately, I think we may be in the minority considering where most of the forum members are located.

I truly enjoyed the atmosphere in Hope. Great place, great people, great time.

IMO, this was a true Pilgramage. It took us back to the beginning.

However, I am sure you will agree that we will be wherever the Pilgramage is.

I also have to disagree. I think it would be best to rotate every year. Indy also has some cool stuff to see & do, & last year was truly awesome.

Actually, I was amazed that it was better this year..... I was sure Indy could not be topped!

I would readily and heartily support an annual Hope pilgrimage. It just makes absolute sense for me, and I would be sure to take the extra day off this time around, well in advance, to gte more in.

I realize I have not been to corporate headquarters, but for me, the Hope plant and history makes IT the place for a pilgrimage. This is the place where it began, and this is the place where it continues. Without the Hope plant, there would be no speakers (unless of course they were all made in China, and that AIN'T no place for it), 'nuff said.

The fact that this pilgrimage was my first really solidified my opinion of the company, the people, and the fans, since the environment was so "innocent and home-grown". People have lived and worked there for generations, and the true history of the company is what makes Klipsch what it is today. While I also realize that the "logistics" of it don't work for everybody, we "southerners" also cannot easily make the trek up North, and personally, I just don't think it would be quite as remarkable, since it would lack the "feel" of Hope.

If you will not take the time to visit Hope, I believe you miss the greater part of the whole. No remote corporate building can embody the genesis of a company, its founders, its people, and its products. If I "stepped in it" to some, I apologize, but that is my humble opinion.

Given that, I would hope that Klipsch would perhaps at least consider to alter the event from location to location every other year, satisfying the needs of all. Sure, I am partial to Hope, but I think that everyone deserves to be part of it, wherever they attend. But please, IF YOU CAN, get to Hope!

Chris

.....but for me, the Hope plant and history makes IT the place for a pilgrimage. This is the place where it began, and this is the place where it continues.

Very well

put.... I have to totally agree with you here. Hope was a mandatory

pilgrimage.

But the thrill of seeing the new stuff & knowing what the

engineers are working on up in Indy is very exciting. And dont forget, engineering changes

constantly, but Hope will be the same every time, with the exception of building

the new products.

ummm.... Amy indicated many moons ago that Klipsch was taking steps to make pilgrimage an annual event. Hope will not necessarily be the location as Indy I am sure will be the predominant location. But my understanding was it was to become an annual thing.

I think a rotation would make the most sense. Both locations have there plus and minus points.

I for one would not be in favor of having it in Hope each year.

To me, meeting, talking and hanging out with Forum members is the best. Either place works for that.

I really don't care about the listening, hard to visit with loud music.

In Indy, you will meet and get to talk to more people and engineers etc. Indy also has a better night life.

In Hope you get to see where it all began, the musium and factory.

In both you get to meet the great people that work at Klipsch.

Remember that the poeple who put this on are from Indy. They had to take time out of work and family to do this. For them, Indy would be the most convienent.

Also, not many of the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio etc people went to Hope. And the southerners will have a hard time getting to Indy. We have to make it fair for all.

Rotation is the best.

JM

Guys, do you think So Cal can be a part of that rotation too? After all, there is a distribution center in Buena Park, CA (Orange County). [;)]

Trust me, you'd have a lot of fun out here! We have some very nice places, beaches, restaurants to visit. Just ask Trey.

If Klipsch is thinking of making the gathering an annual event, I think

that is a fabulous idea. In all seriousness, Hope AND Indy have

qualities to offer. Changing geography definitely makes a difference as

to the number of folks who will show up from different regions of the

country. In my observation, there were a number of folks in the midwest

who would have come to Indy, but for whom a trip to Hope was too far.

Ditto this for meetings in Indy when it comes to folks from Texas and

others in the south.

Regarding the issue of standardizing the meeting, I believe that the

particular weekend would be more significant than standardizing the

geography. Wherever the meeting is, I think it would be strengthened by

having the same weekend in June or July every year. There are more

folks than you know that actually plan more than a year in advance.

Doesn't Harley-Davidson have a big gathering on the same weekend every

year? Instead of rolling thunder, we can have sitting thunder, well

wait... some kind of thunder.... subwoofer thunder?

I agree that there should be a fixed weekend - like the third weekend of June or something like that. I know klipsch likes to have their company picnic ahead of time so they can plan it.

And as much as I would like to see Hope next year I think a rotation makes more sense on all sorts of levels.

Indy is a tad closer to me, probably 8 hours, verses 11. I'd put my vote in for either place but I must admit partiality for Hope since that is where it all began (and they have DARN good bbq). I use to live in Indy and have friends there so it'd be an easy second choice for me.

I think a rotation would be great. I would like to get to Indy also some time.

My main point was that there be at least another one in Hope sometime in the future, rather than all events being held in Indy. It is very special to see where it all began, meet the folks who actually build the speakers that we all obviously love just a little. I am obviously geographically biased, I can drive to Hope with my Khorns and Kids. However... how far is Southern California from here. It was mentioned that there was a distribution center there. I'm sure there is a Worst Buy there. We could all show up there, bring our big speakers in and hook em up there.

Anyway, what I primarily wanted to stress was that I did not want to simple forget about Hope as a place for an event to happen. Having said that, I realize that the people who put it on are from Indy. I do greatly appreciate all of the extremely hard work they put out to make this happen. But... please, please, please, let's do it again sometime in the future.

Thanks to all, Paul

Put me down for an annual event that rotates between Indy and Hope.

Also, when in Hope, I suggest Klipsch try (probably already have tried) to get Old Washington as the event location. For those of you who didn't go up there, it's an Arkansas Williamsburg: Historic State Park that people actually live in! It's VERY nice. Lot's of wonderfully restored 19th Century buildings and homes.

• Moderators

Okay, so, this is the deal. The petition needs to be amended to include rotations, fixed weekends and the other recommendations. Me Loves Khorns you need to consult with your attorney wife and get the new petition posted.[:)]