PETITION FOR ANNUAL HOPE PILGRIMIGE STARTED!

OK, I will seek legal counsel with the aforementioned counselor in regards to the ammendment proposed for the establishment of a rotation of the gathering of people who are obsessed with the accumulation and modulation of aquired vintage and otherwise wonderful listening devises....

But man, the attorney's fees can get pretty steep sometimes, you know how them there lawyer types can be.

I'll work on a new on.

PS, Dtel's Wife, keep us informed on how the new speakers are comin, and you know that you are goin to have to get pics put up as they become available.

Paul.

The 2006 Klipsch Pilgrimage was my first pilgrimage and I was completely blown away by the event. Trey and everyone else from Klipsch went all out to make this a truly memorable experience for everyone who attended. That said, I am confident that it would be impractical and unreasonable for us to think Klipsch could produce an event on this scale for Forum members every year. My feeling was that this was a special event in recognition of the 60th anniversary of the company and I feel lucky to have been there.

But I think an annual Klipsch event would be a great thing, especially something formalized to a specific weekend every year. Maybe we could do a few things to encourage this to happen--I would like to see us show our support for Klipsch rather than the other way around! I don't want the pilgrimage to become a drain on Klipsch employees. To that end I think Forum members could formally take on a lot of the functions of the Pilgrimage. We could pay for the event banquet and make the arrangements, handle much of the logistic stuff (organize hotels, draw maps, compose registration lists, create event agenda), arrange and equip the off-site listening rooms and organize the off-site sessions for broader appeal, do set-up, tear-down and clean-up of everything off-site. You'll notice that this list includes some things that Forum members are already doing or helping with, but I think we should just expand and formalize our responsibilities so the ultimate responsibility doesn't fall to someone from Klipsch.

If we did that, and Klipsch could open their facility to us for some specific activities, and have a few key employees available for limited hours we could have a regular event that wouldn't become a burden for our hosts.

Additionally, I think alternating between Hope and Indy would be appropriate to appreciate the entire Klipsch organization.

Best in horns,

triceratops

Please refer to my new petition. I too agree that the Pilgrimige was a wonderful event. I was a ton of work on Klipsch. I thing that an annual or semi annual event would be great, even if it involved a scaled down version of this years. We would still have fun getting together, haulin our gear up there. lookin around the plant, talking with the employees, etc, and not have to force Terry and the gang to have to work so much. We could pitch in with the food costs, etc. The main point of the Pilgrimige is to get to meet each other in person, exchange ideas, see the plant, listen to our gear.

My main purpose of proposing this is this: My uncle, who got me into Klipschorns when I was 3-4 y/o. is getting older. He bought his Khorns from the plant in 1968 in Hope, got a personal tour from Paul. I would love to able to bring him to a Pilgrimige in the near future. He is too ill to be able to make to Indy, but I could drive him to Hope. This would be an opportunity of a lifetime.

I also want to have a chance to see you all again. It would not have to be as labor intensive or costly, and it would still be awesome.

So, there you have my longwinded idea.

Paul.

TRICERATOPS brings up some EXCELLENT points about "not draining Klipsch personnel." To wit, having been involved in the pinball hobby well before Klipsch, there is a group of guys local to Dallas who put on a pinball show each and every fall, which attracts people from all over the country. Much like the Klipsch gatehering, we hold seminars (in fact, I have presented a few), have guest speakers (people from the industry, present and past), take local tours of pinball collections, have giveaways (including a restored pinball machine), have tournaments on the latest industry offerings, and play our brains out for hours on a huge (usually over 100) array of pinball machines from all vintages that people bring in from their personal collections.

The cost of the show is defrayed by a small weekend fee which is taken in for the incurred costs (hotel, security, food, giveaways), and all "leftover monies" get put into a pool for next years show. Each one of us contribute in a manner fitting our personal skills and capabilities (examples - one guy handles advertising and the web site updates, I handle receiving payments, scheduling guests, and taking care of seminars), and others do things like the giveaways, the pinball restoration, etc. etc.

Can you see where this is going? The potential is HUGE, the burden would be taken off of Klipsch, we could be involved at a direct level, and we could charge a small fee to address incendiary costs. Klipsch would not balk at the idea, since it promotes them (in the pinball world, the pinball "factory" does not mind this at all - it promotes their goods and products). I personally would willlingly pay a small fee to atttend - doesn't bother me at all.

So, that's my thoughts. I think WE can do it from time to time, if people are willing to step forward and donate their time and talents towards it. We have done this for pinball for FIVE years - with each outing being a great success.

Chris

• Moderators

But man, the attorney's fees can get pretty steep sometimes, you know how them there lawyer types can be.

I'll work on a new on.

PS, Dtel's Wife, keep us informed on how the new speakers are comin, and you know that you are goin to have to get pics put up as they become available.

Paul.

If the fees are too steep, you may want to reconsider the services you are offering in return (if I recall your attorney is also your wife)[;)]

You guys will get an update minute by minute on the new Cornwall's, from pickup/delivery to the welcome home party to the installation.

We have been sitting in our "listening room" trying to decide how to fit them on the "Wall of Klipsch".

We are thrilled. These Cornwall III's will be a welcome addition to our 2 pairs of Forte II's and our newly purchase pair of Forte I's.

Let's see that makes eight Klipsch speakers, how cool is that?[H][<:o)][8][D] [ip] What a wonderful gift![G]

Oh yeah, the attorney is also the wife. Free up front, costly payments later. Haha.

However. she is the one who has bought for me each and every piece of audio gear I have. She is wonderful, beautiful, brilliant, and supportive (she occas. reads these!!!)

Me and my sarcasm. Actually, my wife sometimes doesn't get me. I'm also learning that several people on this Forum are extremely liteteral in their interpretations.

Also, I'm all for having a simpler, scaled down event. I would have fun just going on a tour, setting up our own gear, paying for our own food, and visiting. I doubt many people would object pitching in for the costs. I obviously don't mind haulin my Khorns up there.

This approach would save the staff from all of the back breaking labor involved with this year.

Paul

To DTEL and DTEL's WIFE:

Given your recent complementary acquisition of said Cornwall III's, it becomes immediately apparent that the room required delegates a "force-out" of exisiting equipment. As your humble servant, I am moved to inquire about the orphaning of your also "recently acquired" but nonetheless "no longer required" Forte I's. Willing to travel, and thanks much for your time.

(Afterthought - if I would have introduced myself to them at the listening session, I might have had a better shot at these. STUPID STUPID STUPID!)

Chris

Chris, I was really sorry to not get to go. I would have loved swapping concert stories with you.

I'm also in favor of swapping locations if Klipsch thinks it's the right thing to do. I think there is ample opportunity for listening and learning at both locations.

Remember, this is a GIFT and a total BONUS for us people. Let's just accept it in the spirit in which it is given. Klipsch is a remarkable and very generous company.

Michael

• Moderators

To DTEL and DTEL's WIFE:

Given your recent complementary acquisition of said Cornwall III's, it becomes immediately apparent that the room required delegates a "force-out" of exisiting equipment. As your humble servant, I am moved to inquire about the orphaning of your also "recently acquired" but nonetheless "no longer required" Forte I's. Willing to travel, and thanks much for your time.

(Afterthought - if I would have introduced myself to them at the listening session, I might have had a better shot at these. STUPID STUPID STUPID!)

Chris

Dtel and I have been discussing the speaker arrangement most of today and think we finally have it resolved. We do have one Forte II that is currently not in the mix. Not sure what dtel's intentions are for the one Forte II.

Three Forte II's left front, front center, right front...two forte I's for rears. That will take care of surround sound now for all the movie freaks in our house. Two brand spankin new Cornwall III's(thanks again to the very generous Klipsch organization) for 2 channel...for now. Notice the "for now" statement. This arrangement is subject to change at a moment's notice.

I also regret that we did not get to meet you and several others. I look forward to the next gathering...so little time...so many faces...so many friends...

I was listening to Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good" a little while ago and I thought geez "Life is good." It was made a little better after spending time with all you guys this weekend.

By the way Chris, what are you looking for one or a pair.

Hi guys:

A pair of Forte I's would give me that ultra-heavenly 7 channel Forte I system. Right now I have KG2's in the rear, they are fine but certainly not perfect. If and when you get to that point, PLEASE keep me in mind. You know, I feel bad, I did talk to you guys once or twice in passing, butt never introduced myself. I was the guy in the back corner of the listening room during Saturday's listening session - white shirt and grey hair. Thanks for thinking of me, enjoy those new speakers!!

Chris

I like the flip flop Indy/ Hope idea too. Both sets of employees to talk with and a great idea to see both types of both sides of the company. Indy has more listening room (s) to hear more of the full line. I would love to see many many options here.. I know the synergy line last year really was wonderful for those who did not jump up to the THX Ultra full blown out line.

The "Heritage Theater" 3 la scalas 2 belles and the THX amp with the 2 thx subs made me change my mind and go that route at home.. I went with the with 7 scalas and the thx subs/ amp....

I also want Klipsch to know, when we go home... really were ambassadors for their products. I can't tell you how many people now own Klipsch because they heard my passion and after hearing at my house.. or at best buy made the right choice and took the speakers home after I pointed out just how good Klipsch was.. (I have even helped load it in their cars and I do not work for best buys...LOL) The key is this, we all have a stake in making this company a success by spreading the word. I had a blast meeting many of you last weekend, it went by way too quick!

See you all in Indy if they go there next year. Between colterphoto1 and myself, we can certainly do the off night from Klipsch!

I also want Klipsch to know, when we go home... really were ambassadors for their products. I can't tell you how many people now own Klipsch because they heard my passion and after hearing at my house.. or at best buy made the right choice and took the speakers home after I pointed out just how good Klipsch was.. (I have even helped load it in their cars and I do not work for best buys...LOL) The key is this, we all have a stake in making this company a success by spreading the word. I had a blast meeting many of you last weekend, it went by way too quick!

I always wonder about the huge number of people at the gatherings (myself included) who really haven't supported klipsch directly by buying new. Man that used market is very nice...But I know I've sent a lot of people to go buy their products. Pretty much everyone I know buys Klipsch - them Promedia Ultra 5.1 systems are extremely popular here on campus. And most of them will be going Klipsch in their future home theatres when it comes that time.

The way I see it, it's the only way I can give back because I most certainly cannot afford buying new (though I did get that Synergy SC-1...ew ew).

That's funny, because I was thinking the same thing. I bought by Khorns and LaScalas used, my sub and center channel were new, but I too could not afford to buy new Khorns. I too have a Promedia 5.1 for home and the office. Almost everyone at the reunion have old, spiffed up stuff. But I suppose we are good ambassadors. Probably 50-100 people knew I went to the Pilgrimige. I had to arrange for call coverage with the hospital, and everyone wanted to know where I was going. I have told so many people how wonderful the Klipsch stuff is.

Intrigiing (sp???) how nice the Klipsch people were to us when they can tell by reading the Forum that most of what we talk about is the old Heritidge stuff.

I bought my k horns, and thx amp, heresies.. Indoor speakers, centers, etc etc All new! Not to mention get them a new dealer that has their products in his showroom, AND next door at a very large recreation business that sells HT furniture.. in Indy.

I have helped the dealer place systems, and I know he is now selling quite a few too. He is very happy with Klipsch, I am sure they will profit from this venture for YEARS.

So yes, I feel pretty good about it, too.

• Moderators

I don't feel to bad at least i bought my first 5 Klipsch new although i gave them away last year.

The person i gave them to will most likely be a customer as well, after he has them for a while he will also want to upgrade as well.

He heard about Klipsch at our house and fell in love with the sound , that is one reason why we gave them to him.

And don't forget about word of mouth, we may have bought some used but it's hard to beat someone that is very happy with what a company stands for in sound and value. They seem to talk about it alot because they belive it.

And there is something to be said for the used market of speakers that is sometimes older than their owner !

I do recall Amy and Trey telling me last year that they now, for the first time, have been given an actual budget for an annual pilgrimage. The important thing to remember here is that they also said it was a SMALL budget. So, regardless of all the neat things we'd all love to see and do each year, we must operate within Klipsch's allotted guidelines. I believe that this year was an exception to the rules due to the 60th anniversary celebration. But they are a somewhat small, privately-held company and I believe we should keep that in mind.

Living in Michigan, I am all for the idea of annual site rotation (Hope and Indy). If I could make one of the events every-other year, I would be satisfied. This year, the drive down made sense for us as we had multiple destinations to visit both before and after the pilgrimage weekend. On subsequent years, those other destinations may not present themselves as opportunities for us so, I don't know if I'll be willing to drive the 17 hours it takes to reach Hope from here again. But, who really knows?? Indy is a mere 4-1/2 hours away. So, in all fairness to the other members (especailly those living closer to Hope), rotation makes sense to me. Ultimately, of course, that decision is up to Klipsch. I will be satisfied with what they are able to offer us.

As far as how many Klipsch products were bought new, used, etc., I think all of that is inmaterial. I think our active interest in their products and the fact that we tell other people about their exceptional performance is more germaine. I know at least 5 couples who have purchased Klipsch systems after hearing ours, and I have recommended their products to countless people. There is no way to know how many of them followed through with a purchase. But in my opinion, the simple fact that I've spend thousands of dollars on new Klipsch gear over the last several years, doesn't matter as much as the power of "word-of-mouth". - Again, that's just my opinion.