Here's the scoop...

• Moderators

Okay, here's the scoop on our new Cornwall III's.

For those of you who don't know yet (I really think the word travelled fast) dtel was/we were the winner of a set of Cornwall III's at this year's Pilgramage in Hope.

Monday we visited the factory, as instructed. Of course, Ms. Donna Garner the person we needed to speak to was at lunch. Once again, the Klipsch reputation for service and quality just shined through. Five minutes after leaving the plant we received a telephone call from Ms. Donna.

Ms. Donna called to see what finish we wanted on our new speakers. Everything we heard about the new walnut veneer, made our decision very easy. All the folks at the plant had spoken about the beautiful walnut veneer and we saw it first hand. Beautiful stuff.

After getting all of the "order" stuff out of the way, I told Ms. Donna how much we all appreciated the Pilgramage being held in Hope. I explained our(the forum members) fascination, addiction, mental illness toward everything Klipsch, especially the Hope factory and the quality of the speakers produced in Hope. I continued to talk about the employees of the factory and the lack of recognition those folks receive.

Ms. Donna and spoke of the events surrounding Ms. Barbara Miller. Ms. Donna said Barbara was shocked. She told me a copy of a post on the forum was printed and given to Ms. Barbara. I think our Pilgramage is the talk of the factory. These folks are honored that we recognize their hard work and dedication.

Okay, here's the real scoop...at that point I told Ms. Donna that dtel and I were overwhelmed that Klipsch could be so generous. I also spoke of our desire to give some credit back to the employees, so they would know their work does not go unnoticed.

I told Ms. Donna that one of our fellow forum members had suggested we request each worker on the line sign the back of the speaker. Well, I was heartbroken, when she told me the backs of the speakers are painted black. I suggested a plain piece of white paper, with the appropriate signatures would be fine, we could tape it to the back. I told her we just wanted to let those folks in that factory know how much they mean to us.

Ms. Donna told me, "Don't worry, I will get the signatures and do something appropriate for those speakers, this will mean a lot to the employees here at the factory. How cool is that? Is that not Klipsch's style. Talk about customer service.

My step dad once made a comment, "I will treat you so many ways, you are bound to like one of them." That came to mind while I was writing this post.

The Klipsch organization has treated us so well, and most of you know I am not just talking about the Cornwall III's. I do not know another company on the face of this planet that treats its fans/customers as good as Klipsch has treated all of us this past weekend.

We were not aware prizes would be awarded at the Pilgramage, let alone the magnitude of the prizes. Daddy Dee, I am sure will agree, was as shocked as we were.

Now for the real kicker. After telling Ms. Donna how much we appreciated the Klipsch organization and her help, she told me, "I promise you, you will have the one of the most beautiful pair of Cornwall's to ever come out of this factory. I will personally see them down the line."

Ms. Donna said she would keep us updated on the progress of the speakers.

We will photograph the big event minute by minute.

Dtel and I are discussing a possible weekend trip to Hope to pick the "new ones" up. Everything we have read about shipping leads us to believe this may be the best option. If our speakers were damaged how could we possibly even say a thing. Klipsch has been too good to us.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to my girlfriend tonight and read her your email. She is a therapist that sometimes has to write on black wheelchairs. They use a silver Sharpie marker that she said shows up well on black. That would be classy looking on the back of those new Cornwalls. The other idea I had was to just ask them to let the factory workers sign the back of the speakers and just shoot clear over them. They wouldn't have to paint this set black. It would make them even more special and no chance of them getting rubbed off. Just a couple of ideas. Congrats.

• Moderators

What a great story, thank you for sharing Christy. Donna is a very nice lady.

After you posted about how you sought out Barbara for Jay, it touched me very much, and I felt I had to send it up the flag pole. I'm glad to see it made it's way back to her personally.

In the same email, I encouraged everyone copied to be sure to browse this section of the forum to see how much this event means to all of you. Among the responses I received was the word "goosebumps."

Good stuff. [:D]

After you posted about how you sought out Barbara for Jay, it touched me very much, and I felt I had to send it up the flag pole. I'm glad to see it made it's way back to her personally.

In the same email, I encouraged everyone copied to be sure to browse this section of the forum to see how much this event means to all of you. Among the responses I received was the word "goosebumps."

I am just thankful that the Thank You made it to the person this pilgrimage. Thanks again Christy for sending my praise for her work on my new speakers for me. Amy also you deserve reconition again for giving me daily updates on where my speakers were [:)]

I think that everyone that owns Klipsch Speakers that have a person who signed off on them should write a thank you letter!

Also I may be forgetting to thank the other people who made my speaker that did not sign off but none the less made my speaker, Thank You.

• Moderators

I am just thankful that the Thank You made it to the person this pilgrimage. Thanks again Christy for sending my praise for her work on my new speakers for me. Amy also you deserve reconition again for giving me daily updates on where my speakers were [:)]

I think that everyone that owns Klipsch Speakers that have a person who signed off on them should write a thank you letter!

Also I may be forgetting to thank the other people who made my speaker that did not sign off but none the less made my speaker, Thank You.

I can't believe you suggested the thank you letter idea. I have been thinking along the lines of writing a letter and "adopt a plant employee recognition campaign". I wasn't sure how to coordinate the effort.

I don't think just the person that signs the inspection stickers should receive a letter, because there are only about five people qualified for that position.

Some type of general effort on our parts, where the letters could be posted in the breakroom.

Or, maybe Amy could ask the office staff in Hope to solicit names to share and we could make sure everyone on the list gets a letter.

Or, we(the forum members)could write individual letters to the plant employees as a whole. I am not sure how it could be done.

Or, an email account could be set up at the factory for our letters to go to and Ms. Donna or a plant employee could check and distribute the letters each day.

The more letters we can send the better.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

What a wonderful idea. I would love to able to help make the employees understand how much we appreciate an love what they do. I know that when I get a heartfelt thank you that it makes my day. I even post the thank you notes on my bulliten boards at my office next to the pictures of the new babies. When I'm havin a bad day, I will look at them, this alone cheers me up, makes me feel like I'm makin a difference in someones life. Everyone could use this same type of encouragement.

I'm sure that there are enough forum members that would love to send an old fashioned, written thank you letter to the employees. If Donna or someone could set up penpal type arrangement and match up willing Forum members with an employee. We could then send them a letter with a personalized story about what their life's work has done for us. i know I have more than one experience that means a lot to me an my family. I would love to personally share that with them. They could then post these letters at the plant.

We should include everyone, from the plant manager to the person that sweeps the floors at the end of the day.

All above is just my humble and simple opinion, but I think it is a great idea that would lift those people up who are personally responsible for bringin a little bit of wonderful into our lives

Paul.

What a fabulous thread, my eyes did well up after reading Christy's post. I want the hard working Klipsch employees to truly know that they are appreciated more than they will ever know. I am proud to be a long time Klipsch speaker owner, and the great speakers that they are building instill a sense of pride in the owners.

I unfortunately did not make the pilgrimage this year but every time I go home and turn on the system and it puts that huge smile on my face and I have PWK and the great folks down at the Hope plant to thank for it all.

Having been a Klipsch owner and fanatic for over 30 years now I would certainly consider them all as Family!

My little girl is four years old and is already a Klipsch owner since she was around two. Even as young as she is notices the quality sound that she has in her room and really appreciates it.

As my signature line states "KLIPSCH" - Conveying Emotion Since 1946!

• Moderators

Frzninvt,

Dtel was laughing at me because I became so emotional when talking to Ms. Donna on the telphone.

These people do wonderful work, probably some of the best work produced in this country, and are terribly under recognized.

My daughter's signature line is "Klipsch it's a family thing".

Your signature line sums up my feelings exactly.

SHEESH folks - THIS is what it is all about. THIS is why I am proud to own Klipsch and to be part of the forum.

Someone get me an address, I will HAPPILY write the factory and thank these hard working folks for their dedication.

I work in a PCB manufacturing assembly plant, and let me tell you, I treat everyone on the floor with the same respect. These people are NO different from the engineers and administrators who work in the same building. I have heard SO many stories of how the factory people "feel like they are not treated properly by the people in the front office". Know what I tell them? "EVERYONE WHO WORKS HERE IS IMPORTANT; I CAN LEARN FROM EVERYONE, I HOPE YOU WILL HELP ME WHEN I NEED SOMETHING." You know what? Show people respect, and they will return it. Companies are BUILT on the backs of hard working employees at all levels.

The Klipsch folks at the factory are to be commended for their hospitality and dedication because WITHOUT THEM, there would be NO speakers, regardless of all the engineering and admin on the planet.

THANKS for sharing this story!!!!

Chris

That's so wonderful that she's going to walk your gift speakers through production.

I was just admiring my 1972 Khorns as Indy helped me install them in my gallery just now. They are so beautiful and so well built. It amazes me that they could sound so good 34 years after being assembled. I'd like to thank a few employees as well. ( I have a LOT to thank!).

GOD, I wish I could have been on the trip this year!!!!

Michael

• Moderators

I am trying to get some info or a plan on how we can handle the letter writing. I don't know the address to the Klipsch plant, or where to find it.

Maybe, Amy will read this and can supply us with an address.

Michael, you do have a lot of people to thank. It would take you a while to acknowledge all those hard working folks that contributed to your collection.

I emailed Ms. Donna earlier today regarding picking up the Cornwall's. She said July/August they will be ready. Although when shipping from the factory damages are "minimal", according to her, "Murphy's law would probably kick in". So, I just don't think we should take a chance.

Ms. Donna responded to my email and here is a direct quote from the email, "I promise we will do what we can to make your speaker experience special. You will definitely get some pictures of something."

Ms. Donna also told me, although she hasn't had time to browse "our forum", one of the engineers sent her a copy of my post regarding the speakers.

How great is that guys and gals?

• Moderators

GOD, I wish I could have been on the trip this year!!!!

Michael

Michael,

We really wish you could have been there too. I am so sorry we did not get to meet you personally.

We could have used you on "volume control" in the listening rooms at the farm house. Those guys got a little crazy.

Dtel and I stopped to do our laundry before leaving Hope on Sunday. I met the owners of the "Hog Wash" laundromat in Hope. Once again, very nice people. I was, of course, bragging about Klipsch and the great hospitality in Hope.

As the discussion continued I told her about the get together at the "farmhouse". Seems these folks live a few miles (8 or 9 miles) past the farmhouse. She asked what time the music started, I told her around sevenish. She said, "You know, I was sitting on my back porch, I went inside and I told my husband I hear a bass drum somewhere!" I think the poor lady thought she was going crazy, until I told her what was going on.

So you guys, and you know who you are, that played that "drum roll" over and over in the listening room, everyone within 9 or 10 miles heard it.

See what I mean Michael, we really, really missed you.[:'(]

Say Christy, if you and Dtel go and pick them up in person you could take Ms. Donna out for a night on the town of course they do seem to roll up the streets around there by 9[;)]

I appreciate all the hard work and time Trey and his posse put into this gig but we could all put our heads together and come up with a plan to send all the plant workers a little something just to let them know we and I think I speak here for this entire forum that they are forever in our thoughts and that's renewed each time we fire our systems up[:D]