SPELLING

DRBILL

I have detected some acrid asides about spelling, lately. I would urge all the brothers to be charitable. It is the content that is important. Mark Twain once said that it was a dull man who couldn't think of more than one way to spell a word.

DRBILL

I have detected some acrid asides about spelling, lately. I would urge all the brothers to be charitable. It is the content that is important. Mark Twain once said that it was a dull man who couldn't think of more than one way to spell a word.

DRBILL

Ignore stupidity; challenge ignorance.

Whilst your post straddles that fence, I find the Twain quote refreshing. Thank you.

DRBILL

Ignore stupidity; challenge ignorance.

Whilst your post straddles that fence, I find the Twain quote refreshing. Thank you.

Here's another quote, or paraphrase, depending on which version of the Good Book you have:

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

A little patience, tollerance and charity go a long way.

One of the classic internet flame styles is the spelling or grammar flame, almost always employed when the flamer can't come up with any intelligent reply to the subject at hand. Truly the hallmark of an incompetent debater. (or Bush administration spokesperson.)

This post has been spelling and grammar-checked by R-U-Serious.com's patented flame-out software.

One of the classic internet flame styles is the spelling or grammar flame, almost always employed when the flamer can't come up with any intelligent reply to the subject at hand. Truly the hallmark of an incompetent debater. (or Bush administration spokesperson.)

This post has been spelling and grammar-checked by R-U-Serious.com's patented flame-out software.

I guess the world is passing me bye, what the hell is a Flamer? I see it many times, maybe even been accused of being one, What is it? I don't understand alot of what is written here, the terms some of you use. I have noticed how it breaks down to name calling when all else fails.......

• Moderators

I guess the world is passing me bye, what the hell is a Flamer? I see it many times, maybe even been accused of being one, What is it? I don't understand alot of what is written here, the terms some of you use. I have noticed how it breaks down to name calling when all else fails.......

I think you have the picture oldbuckster. You answered your own question.

DRBILL

Hey, whairz yer since uh pride. Ifn folks caint spel stuff wright they shudnt be postin nutin on this hear forem.[:D]

grammarian.jpg

Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.

I'm reminded of a classic line from one of Rodney Dangerfields movies:

"If you want to look thin, hang around with fat people!".

Thus, if I'm feeling down about my inability to spell, I'll venture into the Klipsch forum and seek out one of Craig's posts! [:D]

Craig...by far thee worst speller I've ever witnessed, either on paper or online! Poor guy can't spell worth a damn...even SpellCheck can't decipher some of the words he's botched up his spelling is so bad!

But it's not how he spells his words, but the words he chooses to use that matters the most! Get past his grammatical errors, and ol' Craig has alot of wit and wisdom to share. He's certainly one of the most intelligent forum members to grace this site IMHO![Y]

Just like pickin' on him is all...[;)]

Well, as for me, I have made a grammar mistake only once in my whole life. And when I seen I done it, I taken it right back.

DRBILL

I could not spell to save my life. I'm more of a calculator kind of guy. Isn't this why we have spell check?

Chris

Spell checkers are a good tool. The problem is they won't detect correctly spelled words used out of context, such as "there vs. their, or but vs. butt." English is probably the most imprecise language in the world, as witnessed by the amount of lawyers compared to other languages. It is also a fast changing language, causing "grammerians" to be cast as tilting at windmills.