For sale: Ground Grid tube preamp and Moondog 2A3 SET monoblocks

jbsl

Well last month I took a 10 day vacation to Japan knowing it would strech my finaces and after I got back I would have to sell some equipment. I use my home theater more than two channel listening so I decided to sell these pieces.

So I am going to sell the Transcendent Sound Ground Grid tube preamp and my Welborne Labs 2A3 SET Moondgos monoblocks. The Moondogs are 3 watts but some people claim they are 2.5 some say 3.5 so I'll go with 3 watts.

If you are interested in the Moondogs and have never used SET amps before then read my review of the amps it can help you get an idea if these amps might work for you or not.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/702243.aspx

The Ground Grid tube preamp I am sending to Erik on Monday so he can give it a tune up and make sure everything is working. When I bought the Moondogs they were delivered to Erik and he checked them out and tuned them up for me.

$1250 for the Moondogs I'll cover shipping

$350 for the Ground Grid tube preamp I'll cover shipping

For both $1500 I'll cover shipping

This is the first tube preamp and amp combo that I have liked but I owe I owe this stuff has to go. The rest of the year I will have to really focus on paying off bills so maybe next year I can try some more tube gear.

you can contact me at

www.jbsl@ev1.net

it would be better to send a email but I'll start checking my private messages daily.

I'll leave them open to forum members for two weeks and then I'll post on Audiogon.

The Moondogs are 3 watts but some people claim they are 2.5 some say 3.5 so I'll go with 3 watts.

Those who claim the Moondogs are 2.5 W wouldn't know their *** from an hole in the ground. Now is there a big difference between 2.5W and 3.5 W? It's another story...

End of story.

Don't go for an averaged value. The Moondog, if unmodified. is 3.5 W. If used with KR tubes, the famous "transistor in a bottle" POS, these might even go closer to 4.5W (one might be happier with a Krell, you'll get 300W for the same type of sound).

BTW, your asking price is more than fair!

I hate to admit it but I am not sure. The tech side of tube gear is over my head. They were mailed to Erik first and he checked them out and tuned them up so he might be able to let you know.

I've used them with my Luxman with very good results also. If it was not for the credit cards I would keep them.

We had discussed possible coupling cap upgrades, if desired, but their former builder had already installed Jensen oils in those positions, as well as included his preference for resistors. I did not make notes on what type of sockets were used (the Teflon option IMO is a little expensive, but nice).

These were a great sounding pair of Moondogs.

Erik

We had discussed possible coupling cap upgrades, if desired, but their former builder had already installed Jensen oils in those positions, as well as included his preference for resistors. I did not make notes on what type of sockets were used (the Teflon option IMO is a little expensive, but nice).

These were a great sounding pair of Moondogs.

Erik

Thanks for the info, Erik. I can hardly wait.

Bruce