For sale: Ground Grid tube preamp and Moondog 2A3 SET monoblocks

jbsl

SET12:

http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAM&Category_Code=JCFPIO

The coupling capacitors in this pair of Moondogs were either the copper or aluminum foil. Can't remember which.

I also used the same kind in my Moondogs when they were Moondogs. The 300B version I designed and built into the same chassis now uses much less expensive Orange drops -- which were purchased more out of necessity than personal preference. I have no plans to change them at this time.

Erik

Marvel.

Great, they are really nice SET amps, and very easy to make changes here and there if desired. It's a very straightforward and classic design.

Depending on what rectifier is used, the input to filter cap is IMO a little large for the job. The 5AR4 works well in this amp, too, but since B+ is already pretty healthy, you might not want to use a more powerful rectifier with very special vintage tubes. I lowered the plate voltage on mine when using our old RCA 2A3s. Some here hit them with full B+, and that's fine. I just don't care to with my own tubes.

Erik

For anyone interested in the Ground Grid it has not been sold BUT.

But I have a friend who had one chanel go out on his preamp so he needs a temp preamp until he can buy a new one.

He uses mainly his turntable so the Ground Grid does not have a phono stage.

He has a phono stage that can run thru the GG so if he likes the combo and want the GG I'll sell it to him.

If not then I'll post the Ground Grid back up for sale here once he gets a new preamp.