FS: AA Atlas 15in DIY HT sub

Scp53

I have a Ascendant Audio Atlas 15in in a 24in cube tuned to 20hz with a PE 500 watt Class G amp for sale. This was used in my home theater. I am selling this only due to its size and have no set price on it as of now.

atlas15.jpg

ABOUT THE SUB:

It's built of 3/4in mdf with double thick MDF on the front baffle. There is a brace runs in the middle that touches all four cabinet sides which is made of 3/4in MDF also. The rear panel/side that holds the amp has a 2in X 3in brace that runs the full width of the panel just below the amp. I used two 4in Precision Ports to tune this sub which are mounted to the front baffle just below the driver.

The finish on it is ok, but not perfect. I used many layers of this flat black paint(cant remember name???) with sanding in between. Then I used clear coat at the end in multiple coats(sanding in between).

The driver, for those that don't know, is dual voice coil, has the ability to adjust the Q of the driver (depends on VC wiring), has Adires Audio XBL motor technology (low distortion), and is bottomless(no mechanical failures from pushing past xmax). Currently, Ascendant Audio does not have this driver on their site(past model). If interested, I could get you the specs on the driver.

And finally, the amp used is on it is directly from Parts Express. Very reliable and has soft clipping. Also, it has a parametric eq on it to tune it to the room. I have this amp and a 250watt from Parts Express and have yet to see one fail or give me problems. Been using both for quite a while now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This unit weighs in at about 120lbs and Im selling to locals only. No shipping as I think that would get way to expensive.

I live near Eau Claire, WI and would possibly drive to drop off the unit depending on the situation. Please email me if you are interested/questions or post on here if you have any questions. Thanks! scp53

Ive decided since finding a buyer locally will be very hard, Im going to keep the amp for a later project and sell just the driver. Please contact me via email (thejonjon@gmail.com) if you have interest,questions, or want pics. Again I have no set price on this. Thanks

scp53

• 3 weeks later...

Ya I am using the Arsenal 12", been really busy the past couple months but I got it pretty much almost completed just, gotta paint the exterior and get a better amp than a 20 year old Sansui Stereo Reciever ;). lol But I have heard nothing but great things from the 15" Atlas, that might be another option for another DIY sub for downstairs or for when I move out into my own house or apt. Crazy set-up. It will prolly be fully finished by, ooo I don't know, maybe August. Already with just being sealed and the wiring jerry-rigged in there it sounds great.