Top 10 reasons Americans are so fat

I remember seeing now that organic may not be so organic anymore as many corporate companies are filling the market with questionable organic products like the organic milk. Some companies are giving the cows organic feed but still lock them up in the small confined barns where they have little roaming ability unlike true organic milks which allow the cow to roam and be free range.

With the organic vegetables, the US produce is soo bastardized and such that it is hard to find organic foods that have not been cross contaminated with genetically modified vegetables. Most produce in America has been genetically modified in one way or another from Mendel to bug resistant produce. Pollen travels and its hard to find true organic but it is a better admitantly way of eating and a plus to the mind to keeping a good body.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason is... we don't WORK. At least not in the real

sense. Ever seen any of those shows on PBS where they take you

back to the 1700's or 1800's? Farm life for surviival is brutal.

The participants generally lose a lot of weight (FAT) Ever heard

of the "Mediterranean diet" ? People eat one cup of olive

oil (FAT) a day, but are thin and healthy by our standards...why?

because many of them are still doing manual labor and working it off.

Today we go to the gym....or some of us do.... JMHO

olive oil is high in fats but in good fats that a unsaturated and so. Its actually healthy to eat that fat as it is more akin to the omega 3 fatty acid that is in fish that everyone talks about. It does make you fat when you eat it but so does eating enough of anything.

Also it is true, we don't do the work that is manual intensive anymore. To be honest look at the workers that still do manual type labor like the janitors and such, they are alot more fit than most are.

Some companies are giving the cows organic feed but still lock them up in the small confined barns where they have little roaming ability unlike true organic milks which allow the cow to roam and be free range.

I would like my milk cows to be raised listening to Klipsch speakers so I can grow up to be a true Audiophile.

Nicolti - You obviously know what you're doing. You should share with us how to pull that off at least diet-wise. Either here or start a thread. I'd like to know some of your knowledge on this.

There's no "secret" to getting in good shape... the old phrase "you are what you eat" still holds true. I don't go the organic, or vegan route, but all it boils down to is just eat healthy & exercise! The problem with fat/obese people, is the lack of burning calories. Americans have become too lazy.

Then there are people who have a high metabolism. Who can eat anything and never gain a pound. I was like that for most my life ( I always tried gaining weight!!), but time is actually starting to get to me in the belly from all the cola I drink. I really thing it's the quality of life not the quantity. Not saying eating bad, and partying is a good thing. Actually the opposite it doesn't make you feel good at all in the whole equation. Just the opposite, your brain will trick you, and make you think it's a better living.

Not to turn this religious, but the foods to be received by God are a very good guideline. Our body's have not changed since then. Hence there is no reason to eat garbage from the ocean, and scavengers. They filter this earth and the earth certainly isn't getting any cleaner. I bet if anyone went on the diet that God intended for us ( Leviticus 11 ) They probally wouldn't get nearly as sick as often, and they certainly would feel better. Problablly loose weight feel more energetic to do things that would be concidered as exercise, but actually accomplish some fond memorys instead of spending time in a gym ( which isn't wasted time if it's really needed). When they could be doing outdoor activities which would reflect on their personality even more. Your just a better person when you get out more, and start feeling good about life.

Then there are the folks who are literally addicted to lifting and exercising. I'm not sure if that's to healthy either. Good luck to all that are battling their demons I have mine which are different.

outdated texts..... Reason why pork is forbidden by muslims and jews is because it spoils quickly in the hotter climate and produces a really bad poison as it spoils.

I love the fact that in Leviticus 11, god says his animals are "unclean" and an "abomination to you" what about the animal that eats and "abomination to you" since you are what you eat do you become an "abomination to yourself?" I never knew a father that said his children were unclean, as god is father to us all and animals, he just called his children unclean and abominations...... The oceans are one of the biggest source of food and natural resources that have been untouched so far by man. The ocean is getting dirtier but for the moment once you go out to deep sea, its pretty clean because the earth is something like 70% ocean and it has a great capacity to absorb out waste but its losing... One of the best foods to actually eat but western people will not eat is kelp or seaweed. Going past preconcieved notions, it contains more vitamins and minerals than any land based plants, it even has proteins and stuff not associated with land based plants. Also it is already used in toothpaste (the grit) and provides more than 50% of the worlds oxygen supply as kelp is one of the quickest growing plants in the world, growing more than 10 feet a day in some species. Personally I find it not disgusting in taste and think of it as tasteless. BTW there are many assortments of seaweed which tastes different.

I lost 30lbs in about 4 months after changing my diet and exercise habits. Mostly diet though. I was a 6-pack of Mt. Dew/day drinker and quit sodas altogether. I'd like to gain back 10lbs but can't. Seems without the soda and crap food, my weight remains stable. I even went off the diet for a while (except the soda part) and couldn't gain a pound.

Nobody seems sympathetic however. Everyone I know who is trying to lose weight offers me some of theirs. I know it isn't as easy for many people to lose it like I did but I truly believe with proper diet and just a small amount of exercise, it can be done. You have to stick to it and you'll be amazed how quickly your cholesterol and tryglyceride #s improve!

Gary,

What did you do for the diet part? I don't drink but maybe one soda a week tho, so cutting that out I don't think will help much.

Steve

I cut out starches and sugar. No pasta or rice and limited bread to one slice/day (actually none for the first 2 months). Instead, I ate a lot of fruit and vegetables. I still have bran flakes with raisins for breakfast every morning (my own mix). Don't eat yogurt! Unless it's the fat free kind that tastes horrible, it's mostly sugar.