Technics SL-1300

As some of you remember, I gave away my very low hours like brand new B&O RX-2 turntable to the GF when she expressed an interest in continuing to play her vinyl and I informed her the Sanyo all in one needed to go curbside...well, as luck would have it, after listening to her play the vinyl...I got the bug for a TT...

I missed out on Mike's BEAUTIFUL Dual DD TT with a VERY nice Shure V-15 Type IV (?) cart...lost the eBay bidding by a few bux...so...

After searching and missing out on a few others...and thinking the bang for the buck MIGHT be a new Technics SL-1200, I read MANY posts by HDBRBuilder (who built my 1978 HBRs) about the Technics SL-1300 being very similar to the SL-1200s but since EVERYONE wants the SL-1200...the 1300 gets no love (and MUCH lower bids on eBay)...

A bit of good luck and I located, bid and won a very nice condition Technics SL-1300 WITH a Shure V-15 Type III and Shure stylis with reported low hours...

It arrived today and after locating the owner's manual on line...she is up and running and playing Supertramp "Crime of the Century (I haven't listened to this on vinyl since about 1983)...I kept all my records...they are in decent shape and perhaps I am on my way with vinyl again...

I paid about $150 for the table and cart delivered to my door...incidently...$150 was what I paid for my Technics SL-D2 in 1979 without its Audio Technica Cart...that TT was replaced by the B&O when I thought vinyl was gone for good and I wanted a "nice" table before they're all gone...

NOSValves VRDs with JuicyMusicAudio BlueBerry MkI, Klipschorns and now the Technics SL-1300 and Shure V-15 Type III...

Thanks for listening...

Bill

Congrats Bill, keep that vinyl spinning, 90% of my listening is them big black shiny disc's. i do'nt get into the digital /analogue debate, but i guess you can tell which way i lean? I'm not sure if it was one of your previous post's, but i did give a recommendation regarding replacement stylus. Edsaunders sells a replacement for the v15III on-line for $45, i know that seems ridiculously cheap, but i took a chance on one on Ebay, i could'nt be happier. I sometimes wonder if my ears are as critical as some other forum members, so maybe my judgement should be taken with a pinch of salt (or whatever else you might want to pinch) any way enjoy, happy 4th to you....John.

P,s Enjoying the the heck out of them RB5's, there on the deck for the long week-end along with the servo 15. My neighbours hate me!!![:D]

thanks for the responses...I will enjoy the 4th as it is my 45th birthday...AND 'cuz I am scheduled to work 0800-1600 and NOW I get to come back and work 1900-2300...so much for MY plans...ah well...I have my health... [;)]

Bill

Bill,

Congrats on the TT - I just dusted mine off a month or two back - - it's been great to rediscover my collection all over again...missed many albums that never were available via CD. Hope you still squeeze a minute or two despite the heavy work schedule.

Mark