KLIPSCH AND BEER

BigStewMan

Actually, just a tall glass of ice tea usually does it for me.

Other times, an occasional Smirnoff Ice will do.

If it's beer I want, Budweiser or Michalob is fine. But what I really miss is Weisen with a slice of lemon, brewed at the Stuttgarter Hofbrau (my favorite beer while stationed in Germany)![Y]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, just a tall glass of ice tea usually does it for me.

Other times, an occasional Smirnoff Ice will do.

If it's beer I want, Budweiser or Michalob is fine. But what I really miss is Weisen with a slice of lemon, brewed at the Stuttgarter Hofbrau (my favorite beer while stationed in Germany)![Y]

Ah yes, fine German beer...Personally, I prefer a nice cold Paulaner Munchen, especially while enjoying it at the Hofbrau Haus[:D]Dale

You know, Dale, I haven't really enjoyed a good beer since leaving Germany in '86, and IMO the best beer anywhere still comes from Deutschland. I know there are noteworthy breweries throughout the world...Brazil, Israel, and even Japan, so I've heard, but never had a chance to try 'em. But German beer I've had a'plenty, and from the golden pilsners to the dark, thick lagers, just one bottle will get you feelin' real good; two will light you right up, and three will knock your socks off if you're not too careful! I can almost drink an entire Bud 6-pack and all it'll do is make me pee and smile alot.

Damn how I miss real beer...

A PK Zin and a couple of good freinds

Mmm! I'm going to bring one to a party tomorrow night!

BTW, I know some girls that will not bring beer to the beach. They don't want to get sand in their Schlitz.

You know, Dale, I haven't really enjoyed a good beer since leaving Germany in '86, and IMO the best beer anywhere still comes from Deutschland. I know there are noteworthy breweries throughout the world...Brazil, Israel, and even Japan, so I've heard, but never had a chance to try 'em. But German beer I've had a'plenty, and from the golden pilsners to the dark, thick lagers, just one bottle will get you feelin' real good; two will light you right up, and three will knock your socks off if you're not too careful! I can almost drink an entire Bud 6-pack and all it'll do is make me pee and smile alot.

Damn how I miss real beer...

so, is it true that the beer isn't cold in Germany? If so, is that hard to adjust to?

Not picking on you Glenn. Just havin' fun.

Me either, just couldn't resist when I saw that photo. Inconceivable! [;)]

Hey, no problem guys...I've not seen the movie so I'm clueless anyway.

Nick: I'll be right over to "Eeny, meeny, miney, mo" your liquor cabinet! [;)]

-Glenn

There are 2 Macallan bottles - a cask strength, and a 17 year-old fine oak, though it's hidden in the back.

I also have a Springbank 10, though it's lower in the case and was cut-off in the photo.

All the Glens are good (Glenrosthes, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Glenfarclas, Glendronach, etc), though not in my top tier.

Hey Nick: "All the Glens are good (Glenrosthes, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Glenfarclas, Glendronach, etc), though not in my top tier." What about GlennMosby? [;)]

Sorry buddy, I could not resist! -Glenn

I was t'inkin' the same thing, sir picky! BTW Glenn, you have to see, no OWN The Princess Bride! A classic, two finis straight up (hmm, that statement makes me curiously thirsty...).

So, is it true that the beer isn't cold in Germany? If so, is that hard to adjust to?

The majority of the restaurants and bars around US military installations in Germany know how Americans love cold beer, so they would also serve their beer cold for those who want it. One gasthaus in particular, the Gasthaus Hollander in Ludwigsburg where I was stationed would freeze their mugs for us soldiers. Of course all of them also serve their beer at room temperature for the locals, and truthfully, the beer was so good that being warm wasn't bad tasting at all (it's still potent either way, warm or cold)! Personally, I didn't have a hard time adjusting to warm German beer, and after a few you don't really care much if it's boiling hot! But I still prefer all my beer ice cold.

1973 Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon. (Google "Judgment of Paris"). I still have a bottle of this tucked away in my wine cellar (closet) - complete with its original $7.00 price tag!

My introduction to good CA wine was a 1962 Beaulieu Vineyard Georges de Latour Private Reserve. Been hooked ever since.

James

So, is it true that the beer isn't cold in Germany? If so, is that hard to adjust to?

The majority of the restaurants and bars around US military installations in Germany know how Americans love cold beer, so they would also serve their beer cold for those who want it. One gasthaus in particular, the Gasthaus Hollander in Ludwigsburg where I was stationed would freeze their mugs for us soldiers.

my brother spent a few years in Bitburg Germany while in the Air Force. He stills likes Bitburg beer. Myself, I'm partial to Canadian beer--Moosehead or Molsen.

picky--just got done viewing your home theatre--excellent job! glad to see good things happening in Michigan--I spent four years in Grand Haven, Michigan and one year in Cheboygan during my Coast Guard career.

BigStewMan: Hey, thanks. I appreciate the good words! So, you were a "Post Coastie"? That's what we used to call the coast guard sailors when were in boot camp in the Navy. We were of course, known as "squids", swabbies" and a hundred other "nicities". We had one coast guard sailor in our unit. Nice guy. We were all envious of him because after boot camp he would be staying in the states, and the rest of us could be shipped-out to sea at any moment. That was during Viet Nam. When I was serving during the early 1970's the nearest Coast Guard stations to my home town of Allen Park, Michigan were the Coast Guard station on Grosse Ile and the one on Belle Isle: Both are islands in the Detroit River. Only the one on Belle Isle remains.

I've been to both Grand Haven (on Michigan's West Coast) and to Cheboygan (on Michigan's East coast). They are both a bit of a drive from here. Cheboygan is only about 20 miles from the Mackinac Bridge.

fini: Thanks. I'll have to check that movie out. I've never seen or heard of it.