Klipsch print ads

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Kcup...........not all mine but the piece amy {your cohort ,friend, comrade, fellow, chum, pal, buddy} is interested in is mine....an the fisbee too ....run go out for a long one>>>>>>>>>[Z]

What item was I interested in?

I'm just interested in where you get this stuff. Who do you know that works here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reference was made to PWK's system in an article in the April 2007 issue of Stereophile entitled Upward Mobility:

The article states that Bell Laboratories originated the idea (with three channels) in the 1930s and that "Paul Klipsch revived this idea in the late 1950s, performing a series of experiments that led him to conclude that using three loudspeakers to reproduce two-channel stereo signals offers superior results."

"Although Klipsch was enthusiastic about the benefits of his 2, 2, 3 approach (two recording channels, two transmission channels, three speakers) - claiming that "All the stereo recording systems are amenable to using a derived central channel and the expense is small for a large gain in stereo geometry" - the idea of using a third loudspeaker did not catch on and the concept faded from view.

If this was due, at least in part, to a third loudspeaker and amplifier being financially and domestically unacceptable in the early 1960s, then the arrival of home-theater systems in the early 1990s - equipped with a center-channel speaker as standard - represented an opportunity to resurrect the concept. This was duly exploited when Michael Gerzon presented a paper describing an elaborated 2, 2, 3 system at the 91st Convention of the Audio Engineering Society in October 1991."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...