IB full of questions today -part 3

I helped a friend find a pr of CF4s to use with his CF3s for multichannel. Listening to them, you have to wonder why they were discontinued. There were some variations in the bass porting, and I'm not sure which years are preferred.They are awesome sounding speakers. IB, the ones I've heard are in Fayetteville.

SSH

I helped a friend find a pr of CF4s to use with his CF3s for multichannel. Listening to them, you have to wonder why they were discontinued. There were some variations in the bass porting, and I'm not sure which years are preferred.They are awesome sounding speakers. IB, the ones I've heard are in Fayetteville.

SSH

I think they scared the wife is why

I believe the KLF-30 was more the old "rock" speaker...the Epic series was more along the goals of a super smooth midrange - I wouldn't exactly want super smooth on a rock speaker, but not like it'd suck either. And I would describe it as having a bubbly bass - not the raw kinda power you get with the cornwall / ultra2 subs and not the dryness of the horns.

The variations in the Epic series were the result of marketing wanting more sensitivity and needing the CF4 to be as loud but preferably louder than the Chorus II for the same setting on the volume knob. This forced other compromises and is an annoying topic for the engineers...Someday I would love to hear a pair of the original design CF4's.

I believe the KLF-30 was more the old "rock" speaker...the Epic series was more along the goals of a super smooth midrange - I wouldn't exactly want super smooth on a rock speaker, but not like it'd suck either. And I would describe it as having a bubbly bass - not the raw kinda power you get with the cornwall / ultra2 subs and not the dryness of the horns.

The variations in the Epic series were the result of marketing wanting more sensitivity and needing the CF4 to be as loud but preferably louder than the Chorus II for the same setting on the volume knob. This forced other compromises and is an annoying topic for the engineers...Someday I would love to hear a pair of the original design CF4's.

And I was always of the opinion that it was the Forte that was THE Klipsch Rock speaker.

And I was always of the opinion that it was the Forte that was THE Klipsch Rock speaker.

Max why do you think the Forte was known as the rock speaker? Is it because of the low frequency extension? This is an area that a few of my Klipsch buddies always like to point out to me (owners of LaScalas and Khorns) when they are over commenting on the very good solid state like bass being driven from my 10 watt SET mono block amps.

SET12

Well I'd argue the cornwall is a rock speaker too [;)]

The khorn and lascala definetly aren't though considering that 80% of the material is compromised of "crappy" recordings [+o(]

(of course it's just my own opinion)

SSH

SSH,

........." IB, the ones I've heard are in Fayetteville".........

Man, if this is the same guy (D. McC******) , I am going to freak! Let me know buddy.

Regards,

Terry

PS: give me a shot: tcruse@fspecinc.com