Format's simple: Name of artist or group, name of album, type of

music as best you can (rock, blues etc.), and recording format (cd, lp

etc.)

Phoebe Snow, self-ttiled, lp/easy liistening jazz/blues/soul/folk

This is her first release and contains the easy listening standard

"Poetry Man". Her pacing, warbling haunting voice, relaxed sound

yet precise vocals made this one of the major releases of 1974 and

catapaulted her from a East Village troubedor to a major national

voice. A nice tight group backing her, and well recorded.

So what do you have to share this week?

Phoebe who you wretched soul? For the man who gives meagain double spoils, this pirate puts forth a civilized lp. A Bell Ringing in the Empty Sky (Japanese shakuhachi music). The shakuhachi is an end blown vertical flute of bamboo with five finger holes.

Meditate on this mofo!

Phoebe who you wretched soul? For the man who gives meagain double spoils, this pirate puts forth a civilized lp. A Bell Ringing in the Empty Sky (Japanese shakuhachi music). The shakuhachi is an end blown vertical flute of bamboo with five finger holes.Meditate on this mofo!

Ahh and a fine one this is! Unfortunately, I have this only on cassette tape, but it is one of several fine Shakuhachi recordings! Thebes - this is what mellowing out is all about. AhhOhmmmmm.......

Here are a few:

TOM VERLAINE-Around-2006 cd-Thrill Jockey Records. I've played this 3

times in a row the other day. Great instrumental album from Television

frontman Tom Verlaine. Nice and mostly mellow guitar, bass & drums.

I love his playing and I'd suggest checking out some clips.

KLAUS SCHULZE-Mirage-1977/2006 reissue cd-Revisited Records. Klaus is

simply a legend in electronic music. He was an original member of

Tangerine Dream but soon left to form Ash Ra Tempel then his own thing.

He never "cheesed" out like T. Dream did in the 80's and 90's. This

album is one of his finest(along with Timewind) and would be a good

introduction to his stuff. Only two 30 minute tracks with an extra

bonus track tacked on to fill up the disc.

GYORGY LIGETI-Works For Piano-1996 cd-Sony Classical. Probably most

famous for his collaborations with filmmaker Stanley Kubrick. He

composed a bunch of the music used in 2001 as well as the spooky piano

theme in Eyes Wide Shut. He also recently passed away. This is

virtuostic piano pieces to say the least. Great recording as well.

Piano played by Piere-Laurent Aimard.

Wasn't going to do anymore of this, but I guess I got one more in me, So you are looking for mellow, don't know if you'll agree but here we go;

The Pretender ; Jackson Browne ...............CD...........1976....

First things first, Jackson Browne wrote every song on this album; Jackson is one of our greatest songwriters, and never really gets the credit he is do, in my opinion he is an American Treasure, with great writing skills, and a performance style second to none.Honest, heart felt songs about lifes up and downs, presented in a way that at times can put a tear in your eye. Always by his side, David Lindley, what a talented man, helps deliver Jackson's message. This album was done at a time when his wife had just passed away, and you can feel his dispare and pain in these songs. This was the First Jackson Browne album I ever heard, and I just loved it, how could I have over looked this guy? Listen to The Pretender, what a song, tell me that isn't a song about the working man, trying to get bye everyday. Need a change of pace, need to stop and smell the roses, need to come back down to earth, well here's your chance, and Jackson will lead you down the road................Say a Prayer for the Pretender........................

Muse "Black Holes & Revelations" - progressive/hard/glam-rock LP/CD

My favorite band of all-time has finally released their long-awaited and highly-anticipated 4th studio album. An eclectic mix of powerful stadium-shaking glamrock, blissful ballads, and textured distortion rock, Muse are as progressive as their sound is epic.

If anyone is remotely interested in sampling what may possibly be one of their greatest musical discoveries of their lifetime, or simply if one is bored with the current mass-market selection of gunk out there today, I emplore you to pick up this album and ask yourself why a phenom in Europe is scarcely known to the U.S. public.

post-12484-13819304426288_thumb.jpg

Phoebe who you wretched soul? For the

man who gives meagain double spoils, this pirate puts forth a civilized

lp. A Bell Ringing in the Empty Sky (Japanese shakuhachi

music). The shakuhachi is an end blown vertical flute of bamboo

with five finger holes.

Meditate on this mofo!

Phoebe Snow is her name. I know, not everybody's cup of

tea. I've herd the shahukachi before, very melodic and

beautiful Exellent suggestion.

Don't worry about the double hit, should you be lucky enough to win, I will throw in the one Klipsch beer coaster I have.

The Rolling Stones - Between the Buttons - ABKCO SACD remaster

Not mentioned anywhere on the cover, but the ABKCO reissues are SACD - dual layers, so they'll play on regualr CD players too. One of the more unusual early releases by Mick and the boys.........

Buckster,

It was difficult to get this music for a long time due to legal problems but now it is easy to get. There are three albums but this one has White Bird which is a classic. These guys were backing Ten Years After one night in Little Rock back in the day!

Patricia Barber - A Fortnight In France - CD (also available on 200g double vinyl)

A live recording - released in 2005 featuring 50% covers - 50% originals - with the ususal unique twist Patricia brings to her music. On Blue Note. Follow this link for a preview of three tracks from the recording: http://www.patriciabarber.com/discs/fortnight.htm#fortnightplayer.htm

post-13936-13819304448738_thumb.jpg

Phoebe who you wretched soul? For the man who gives meagain double spoils, this pirate puts forth a civilized lp. A Bell Ringing in the Empty Sky (Japanese shakuhachi music). The shakuhachi is an end blown vertical flute of bamboo with five finger holes.

Meditate on this mofo!

Phoebe Snow is her name. I know, not everybody's cup of tea. I've herd the shahukachi before, very melodic and beautiful Exellent suggestion.

Don't worry about the double hit, should you be lucky enough to win, I will throw in the one Klipsch beer coaster I have.

Just joshing with ya, as I'm sure you know. That beer coaster would be mighty fine! I'll light a candle to Tyche and keep my fingers crossed.

Buckster,

It was difficult to get this music for a long time due to legal problems but now it is easy to get. There are three albums but this one has White Bird which is a classic. These guys were backing Ten Years After one night in Little Rock back in the day!

Did you see that show? Alvin, Alvin.......................

Lee. Yessiree bob. Alvin Lee. Got my ticket stub around here somewhere. Yep, cost $5.00 to get in. IABD opened. The female singer was heavenly. Linda LaFlamme I believe. The band was ethereal. Hadn't ever really heard music like that. I was very impressed with them. And then Ten Years After came on and put on a show.

Barton Coliseum.