Some Stuff For Sale

6foot8

I kind of hate to do this but I don't use this gear any longer. Here's a list of what I have.

Thorens TD 125 MkII - I am only the second owner and have enjoyed this table only on rare occaisions since I bought it from Dalton Audio in Clearwater Florida back in 1982. I may still even have the reciept. I purchased a new B&O cartridge for it then but the table has seen so little use I doubt there is even much wear on it at all. A new belt and upgraded interconnects were installed back in 1996. I probably have not used this table more than 50 hours in the last 10 years. It has a stock tonearm and the only issue with this table is that I took the dust cover off and never put it back on because one of the screw fasteners is loose in the wood and it was not worth the trouble for me to take the platter assemply off to glue it in solid again. The dust cover comes with the table.

Teac A7300 1/2 track 1/4 inch studio mastering deck with outboard DBX type II. Deck is mint and was purchased from a retired Teac repair tech who now owns his own shop. The deck comes with a custom made cradle on casters (I made the crade but it looks very nice). There are no cosmetic or mechanical issues at all with this deck. The original manuals for the Teac will be provided with the sale.

Two Rane PE15 parametric equalizers in very nice cosmetic condition. They have been tested by a tech but I never used them as I went with a DBX 1/3 octave eq after I purchased these.

I am not sure what all this stuff is worth but if anyone is interested please PM me or reply to eric.hummel@cendant-trg.com. My cell phone is 352-223-5249 if you are serious.

I wouldn't sell this stuff it it was not in top shape and certainly would not take advantage of anyone. I would prefer a local sale so you can see and hear it first but if it must be shipped I would be as accomodating as possible.

I will post pictures as soon as I can, or could email them directly if you wanted.

Thanks,

Eric

EDIT:Thorens should be on its way to Indiana later today. Sorry can't get the picutes to work on the forum. I will gladly email them to you if you want to see them. If some one can tell me how to get the images to post I would greatly appreciate any help.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to add that if you can't audition the equipment personally and would like to send a proxy...someone whose judgement you trust that would be fine. I really want to avoid and dissappointments and make sure that any buyer is getting what they expect.

Also I will respond to inquiries in the order that they came in. In order to be fair I will look at the timestamp on my emails and on the forum to best determine the order.

The first offer I feel is reasonable on anything will get the stuff. I really don't know what it is worth but here's a ballpark. If I am too optimistic then please let me know.

Thorens 300-400 range

Teac and DBX - 500-600 range

Rane EQs 150 for both.

Should I jump on the Thorens?

GARY?????

help- I lost out on that Music Hall, really liked it's modern looks,

but what the heck, my hearth room is going to be kind of retro anyway!

M

Michael, I hope you got your foot in the door. This is the same table Mike Lindsey was shooting for.

Larry

I ended up with a TD-124 but I have seen this table, and if those in front of me don't want it I'll take it as a backup table.

Mike

Edit: Eric, can you post some pics of the table? I can't remember what tonearm is on there. I'm pretty sure it's a Thorens but just can't remember. Regardless, I would put my SME 3009/Denon DL-103 on there when I get my SME 3012/Ortofon SPU for the TD-124.

Ok...here's the latest;

Michael Colter (Thorens only)

Mike Whell (Thorens only)

Barry Nachman (everything)

Mike Lindsey (Thorens only)

have all expressed interest to some degree or another in that order. Barry is the only one to throw out a number so far. Barry and I may be talking further around noon if he gets back into the office.

Mike Lindsey,

It is first come first serve...if anyone wants any of the gear just email me what they want to pay for it and if it is reasonable...sold. If you want to inspect it first that's fine I will do my best to work around anyone's schedule. I won't hold up a sale if someone expresses an interest but no real offer/price is discussed. I hope that is not an unreasonable position. I apologize if it is. I am not to experienced with this selling thing and I am not real comfortable with these types of negotiations either. I don't want to be greedy...I just want a fair price for what I believe to be very good equipment that someone else can enjoy for a whil. I don't think I am asking too much but I am open If I am a little optimistic.

If some one wants me to hold it for a day or so to get by and check it out then please just make that firm confirmation to audition the gear by sending me an email rather than a PM or a reply to this post.

I am not a good salesman and it is difficult when several people reply an express an interest but no real commitment on whether they will really want it or not. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings or be unfair either.

Hey Eric,

I think Michael is gonna buy the Thorens from you, and when you receive pymt give me a call at 407-592-6895. I'll be in your neck of the woods tomorrow and would like to pick it up from you if possible (I told him I would ship it to him since I have some experience in this area).

I'm playing golf in Haines City and could meet you around 1:30 or 2:00 somewhere in the vicinity of I4 and 27. Let me know what you think.

Mike

Mike...how is he going to ship me the money? Dosen't he want you to look at it first?

Don't you have Paypal? [:D]

If not, I won't be able to get it until after I come back from Pittsburgh (21st - 30th). If I recall, it's in pretty good shape cosmetically, isn't it? I remember thinking how nice it was.

Mike

Hey Michael & Mike

Yes it is in very nice condition. We do have Paypal but I don't know how to use it. Is it ok if I have my wife (Pattie) call you tommorrow to handle the transaction Michael C?

Do you still want me to unpack the unit and take the pictures tonight?

Hey Eric,

I'll let Michael talk to you about Payment, and if it's not paid for by tomorrow we can arrange another get-together when I come back from Pittsburgh.

How is it packed presently? Do you still have the original box? Pictures would be good, but I do remember it being very nice. It's definitely been well cared for...

Mike

It is not in the original box...but it is well packed. If it is ok with Michael Colter I'll have my wife call him tonight after work to handle the transaction then we can get together Tomorrow or over the weekend.

If Michael (please let me know Michael) does not want me to unpack the unit to take pictures I'll leave it alone.